Anyone tried changing the default APN settings? The default on my old BB's was blackberry.net which i always changed to t-mobiles server epc.tmobile.com

Not really an outage but could cost some people $$$$ for not knowing and using mobile data. At least it isn't like a BIS outage where nothing works.
    06-18-14 12:21 PM
    My data is always turned off, and my wifi is always on. Every day when I get into work I have to re-connect to wifi. If I move to another location in the building or change buildings I have to re-connect as well. I guessed it was router-related, since it never happens at home. I also carry an ipod touch and it stays connected to wifi all day, everywhere. Next time this happens I will check the site to see if it is down as well.
    06-18-14 12:39 PM
    It seems the moderators are working overtime to shield this issue without crackberry actually looking into it?
    06-18-14 12:42 PM
    06-18-14 12:44 PM
    Mine just dropped again.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-18-14 12:57 PM
    wrong
    Correct, however it hasn't been proven that a software bug/server issue isn't the cause, so closing these threads without sufficient explanation seems somewhat silly.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 12:57 PM
    The next workaround will be to shut off your BB, take out the SIM card, put it into your new Galaxy S5, turn on your new GS5, download the eBay app take picture of your BB and list it on eBay.
    ..And I'll snap it up at a great price and use the money I saved on extra data

No seriously, like someone else here said, it's horse s**t.
    NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-18-14 12:58 PM
    The dependency that BB10's Wi-Fi functionality has on blackberry.com has been confirmed by Mistake Clewley at BlackBerry:

https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...58275015475200

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    I had no idea what he meant by that. I was referring to the three month old / 1000 post Limited Wifi thread. I didn't know about this thread and it spreading even wider than I thought it could.
    06-18-14 01:05 PM
    At the risk of being spanked or banned. The mods are as delusional as bb if they think it isn't a bb issue. It has been proven again and again it is. Yes, there are exceptions were some people nothing works, I would say that is their network issue. When everything else has no issue with wifi except the bb, that's a bb issue.
    This is so true!!! dont get why so many are so pissed if you mention this is a bb10 issues.

i had this problem last night for the first time (atleast first time i noticed it).

- my q5 told me wifi is limited and it used my mobile data only.
    - no wifi icon on on the top bar, but i could ping the device from my pc. So wifi was working but just wasnt used for any internet usage.
    - blackberry.com wasnt reachable from my pc or tablet
    - all other devices wifi devices in my household (2 Notebooks, 1 Tablet, the smartphones of my girfriend and my flatmate and a xbox360) were working fine besides being able to connect to blackberry servers.

So the only device not working correctly was my q5.

Conclusion: The problem is within my Q5. The OS even tells me that wifi is limited because not every webpage is accessible.

This morning everything was working fine again, i immediatly checked blackberry.com and the site was reachable again!

I dont blame Blackberry for any server outage, maybe it was even my ISP/DNS fault, i dont care. The Problem was fixeable right away with turning off mobile data.

Its not a big problem in the end but should be fixed in a future os update: Just add a notification that wifi may be limited and let the user select if he wants to turn it off and use mobile or if he wants to stick with it and maybe dont only rely on the current servers to test the connection.

What really annoys me is this embarrassing forum war about this issues and all the people shouting out its the endusers/router/whatever fault even tho its proven (atleast in my case and several others) that it is directly realted to bb10 communicating with some blackberry servers and the os assumes because they are not reachable that its a wifi problem and uses mobile data for connections. This is also proven by the current workaround for this problem, turning of mobile data forces the device to rely on wifi and activates it again for connections which are working fine because its no a wifi related problem to begin with.
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 06-18-14 at 01:25 PM.
    kbz1960 and NYMETSFAN86 like this.
    06-18-14 01:07 PM
    It's just been acknowledged by BlackBerry as a known issue they are addressing.

So, we now know.

No more silly 'you're making it all up!' posts, please.

I'm an MCSA IT graduate who works in software by the way. Sure a lot of people who correctly identified it as an issue were similarly qualified to do so.

Posted via CB10
    NYMETSFAN86, xandermac and drfever like this.
    06-18-14 01:16 PM
    OMG. delusion runs rampant. Even the friggen all powerful AMD mighty Clewy says it is.
    Right. And, I dunno, isn't the fact the problem was global leave no room for doubt?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:29 PM
    Yep, he said it...

OMG. delusion runs rampant. Even the friggen all powerful AMD mighty Clewy says it is.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-14 01:39 PM
    Guys let's keep my thread clear of any finger pointing or any chest thumping.

Wayne_Enterprises contributed to another post on this subject being shut down from the kids because it got way out of hand.

I maintain my position in my OP. The outages on wifi are directly related to the site being down. The facts all point to that.

Michael Clewley inferred as much with his tweet that I commented on earlier. I am not the only one who has made this correlation. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you. I read that BlackBerry has confirmed this issue. If anyone has a link please post it.

There is a real issue with what appears to be people getting all bent out of shape when we attack BlackBerry. We are the consumers. We pay for the devices and we pay our cellular and wireless bills. It is our right to speak up if what we are paying for is flawed. Last I checked BlackBerry wasn't paying my family's wireless / cellular account or devices.

Feel free to continue discussion but let us not get to a place that forces the shut down of this thread.

@BB10Ben site is back up so should start to see resolution

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    kbz1960, NYMETSFAN86 and bruce73 like this.
    06-18-14 01:41 PM
    The mods are as delusional as bb if they think it isn't a bb issue.
    Careful... financial results day is approaching and I already overhauled the power banhammer. If you call the moderators delusional there is a risk of retaliation.

When everything else has no issue with wifi except the bb, that's a bb issue.
    I have no problem with this logic in relation to "limited connectivity" but it can only be confirmed by the developers. The point where mass hysteria and stupidity come into the frame is an irrational association with a remote website being inaccessible. The valid statistical test would be an attempt to prove the null hypothesis, that there is No significant correlation between failure to access a website and loss of WiFi functionality.
    06-18-14 01:42 PM
    Careful... financial results day is approaching and I already overhauled the power banhammer. If you call the moderators delusional there is a risk of retaliation.

I have no problem with this logic in relation to "limited connectivity" but it can only be confirmed by the developers. The point where mass hysteria and stupidity come into the frame is an irrational association with a remote website being inaccessible. The valid statistical test would be an attempt to prove the null hypothesis, that there is No significant correlation between failure to access a website and loss of WiFi functionality.
    I guess if you must, you must. No hard feelings.
    06-18-14 01:50 PM
    I find it odd that the outage occurred just before huge storms approached Toronto. It was moving east which is directly from Waterloo. The downpour here was intense and some areas had power outages. South of Barrie a tornado hit. I'm wondering if BlackBerry servers were affected by this. If so, they really need to work on keeping their servers up in severe weather and not have our wifi dependant on their servers in the first place. Need to rectify this immediately.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 04:12 PM
    Sounds like they are changing how these checks are done in 10.3. By the word of Clewley.

This seems like one of those things that a decision just pencils in a solution and it gets left in for a while before something breaks and people look back and go "why the heck did we do it that way again?"
    06-18-14 05:18 PM

I've never said that once. I know there's a problem and it's got to be os related.

Personally, from reading all the problems I think there's two different wifi problems.
    The one that people think is related to the website that happens to some very intermittently
    And the second is people who are constantly have the same wifi problem daily.

I don't know what's causing them but they're there and it's a BlackBerry issue.

Posted via CB10
    NYMETSFAN86 and drfever like this.
    06-18-14 05:43 PM

Fair point but there's definitely been a recent surge in posts to the threads re this issue and one must wonder what caused it. Recent update maybe?

Kindest

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 06:12 PM
    I find it odd that the outage occurred just before huge storms approached Toronto. It was moving east which is directly from Waterloo. The downpour here was intense and some areas had power outages. South of Barrie a tornado hit. I'm wondering if BlackBerry servers were affected by this. If so, they really need to work on keeping their servers up in severe weather and not have our wifi dependant on their servers in the first place. Need to rectify this immediately.

Posted via CB10
    BBM was up during the storms. My wife was hanging back at the office until they passed and we were communicating via BBM.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-18-14 07:52 PM
    Bbm channels Michael Clewley has spoke and addressed the issue to be sorted soon and most definitely by 10.3

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    06-18-14 08:01 PM
    yeah, i think this time Clewley's patience has run thin and he is now stressing everyone in his team to get this sh*t ended.

hhm.. maybe that will mean 10.3 is coming closer and closer? maybe that's a hint?
    06-18-14 08:45 PM
    This is one stupid problem with the BlackBerry phone if I might say..

Z10 10.2.1.2941
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-14 09:08 PM
    What I wouldn't do for a 9900 with lte.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    06-18-14 09:11 PM
    I don't like that if that is the way it works. It's wrong. With LTE and beyond the mobile will be faster than a lot of peoples ISP.
    Well its what AT&T told me. They said to turn data off to force wifi. But then I don't receive texts & such.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.296 & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296
    06-18-14 10:39 PM
463 ... 678910 ...