My wife gets "Your internet connection is unstable" on her Note 3. And ive read other platforms having problems also. Is it related at all? And my buddy with a Sony says he's having the same issue.

Wi-Fi problems are back for me-11.jpg
    Last edited by newfie1974; 06-17-14 at 09:54 PM.
    pgg101 likes this.
    06-17-14 09:37 PM
    What in the world? MY wifi doesn't work because BlackBerry's website was down?! wow.
    06-17-14 09:38 PM
    What in the world? MY wifi doesn't work because BlackBerry's website was down?! wow.
    Yup

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-17-14 09:49 PM
    Was out and about earlier my unlocked Z30 had wifi fine. Came home at 8pm est problem with home wifi. Always just rebooted, phone came back with the wifi turned off. I turned it back on and had full wifi. Never saw that before.
    06-17-14 09:51 PM
    has it been clarified as to why this happened? what was the root cause of it?

also, is the Wifi on BB10 devices not a device dependent service? or is that something that relies on BB services as well?
    06-17-14 09:54 PM
    I've been saying off the cuff to friends for the beast year that if BlackBerry 10 doesn't succeed that BlackBerry will either cease to exist or become a handset company running android exclusively but with their own proprietary nuggets like the keyboard for example. Like HTC, LG or other Android os handset manufacturers.

Very good points Dr. Johnny Fever (classic show). I'm waiting for BlackBerry to create a loyalty rewards program where we get points for every BB device that we've owned. I wonder how many points we'd need to get a Galaxy?
    06-17-14 10:04 PM
    Very good points Dr. Johnny Fever (classic show). I'm waiting for BlackBerry to create a loyalty rewards program where we get points for every BB device that we've owned. I wonder how many points we'd need to get a Galaxy?
    just like air miles, for every dollar you get 0.2 points... and the prize always requires 5,000,000 points. haha
    drfever and NYMETSFAN86 like this.
    06-17-14 10:14 PM
    Hadn't had it happen in a week or more and had wifi limited connectivity issue today that couldn't be resolved by turning wifi on and off, I had to turn off mobile network altogether (usually just turning off mobile data only works). Since I saw no posts to the previous 49 page thread I thought maybe wifi issue was resolved and when I realized I couldn't comment due to thread being closed I found this one which indicates wifi connectivity is still f***ed up. If I didn't like my Z30 phone so damn much (and have 1.5 yrs until I'm eligible for an upgrade) I would bail. I'm to the point that I can't in good consciousness recommend BlackBerry products to anyone (which is a complete 180). Why can't BlackBerry fix this issue and keep their loyal customers loyal? I also question Crackberry 's sweeping this issue "under the rug" and silence on this issue.
    (Wow that felt better, imagine how good we'd feel not burning thru data unnecessarily) ...

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-17-14 10:34 PM
    I don't buy the what I've read here where some are saying your blackberry device pings blackberry.com and if the site is down, your wifi connection on the phone will stop working.

The reason I don't buy this is I just put a filter on my router to block out websites with "blackberry" in the address for my Z30's given MAC address.

Then I turned off the ATT data service, so now I just have wifi enabled on my Z30.

I can browse websites on my Z30 through wifi (unless they have blackberry in the address)
    06-17-14 10:40 PM
    It is possible my web browsing experiment is too simplistic, and maybe some other protocol is used to check blackberry.com.
    06-17-14 10:47 PM
    I don't buy the what I've read here where some are saying your blackberry device pings blackberry.com and if the site is down, your wifi connection on the phone will stop working.

The reason I don't buy this is I just put a filter on my router to block out websites with "blackberry" in the address for my Z30's given MAC address.

Then I turned off the ATT data service, so now I just have wifi enabled on my Z30.

I can browse websites on my Z30 through wifi (unless they have blackberry in the address)
    Keep all your radios on and then report back. What you have just described is the work around. We shouldn't have to shut anything off.

It is no coincidence that what when BlackBerry . Com goes down, we lose the ability to connect to wifi unless we shut off our network data connections. Essentially you are Forcing the phone to wifi instead of having the phone switch seamless to network data to wifi when a saved hot spot is found.

Many users confirm BlackBerry. Com was down when they had connectivity issues. I posted a screen shot in my op and others did as well. No coincidence either than when BlackBerry. Com came back up, bingo, wifi connectivity came back with all radios on. There is a clear relationship.

06-17-14 10:48 PM
    The next workaround will be to shut off your BB, take out the SIM card, put it into your new Galaxy S5, turn on your new GS5, download the eBay app take picture of your BB and list it on eBay.
    06-17-14 11:00 PM
    just like air miles, for every dollar you get 0.2 points... and the prize always requires 5,000,000 points. haha
    Funny and so true! Like a trip on Virgin Galactic will probably get you a free flight from JFK to LaGuardia (that's a 5 minute flight in NY).
    06-17-14 11:07 PM
    Is this still happening? Well I'm not using wifi right now I'm using my mobile data & it's fine. But when I get home and attach it to my wifi suddenly it will show limited connection too. But, now, when I check the website it's up & running. Just informing though.
    Wi-Fi problems are back for me-img_20140618_113238.png

Posted via SQR100-2.
    06-17-14 11:34 PM
    Is this still happening? Well I'm not using wifi right now I'm using my mobile data & it's fine. But when I get home and attach it to my wifi suddenly it will show limited connection too. But, now, when I check the website it's up & running. Just informing though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140618_113238.png 
Views:	357 
Size:	519.2 KB 
ID:	278664

Posted via SQR100-2.
    Everything working fine. Before doing anything just double check your home network. See if other (non BlackBerry) devices connect. If not, power cycle your modem and router. That usually solves a local problem.

As you can tell by the replies in my thread the issue was widespread and many so reported/confirmed that BlackBerry. Com was down.

06-17-14 11:41 PM
    The same thing happened to us this afternoon. This is totally uncool :-(

I did a quick test myself by blocking access to *.blackberry.com

After doing this, the OS prompted me to login to my own wlan to connect to the Internet. I also didn't get the normal Wi-Fi connection icon at the top right.

Of class this isn't quite the same as what happened to me and many others today, so I wonder if there is a child domain at BlackBerry that is used, something like "pingtest.blackberry.com", and if it were to go down, then at some stage in the connection test we end up with the issue we all experienced earlier today? It's not quite clear to me, but there are definitely dependencies on blackberry.com web properties.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    Last edited by Carterbits; 06-17-14 at 11:53 PM.
    06-17-14 11:42 PM
    Yes I have the same problem. I turn off 4G and the wi fi is working properly. But not for long..
    At home the same problem.
    From Z30

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 11:50 PM
    I had this happen to me occasionally, usually turning off wifi and turning back on works. Even to the extended of restarting the device. Last night, same thing happening like everyone else. Turning off and turning back on did not work either. But turning off voice and data work eventually work. I wish there's an app telling me my wifi is off when at home. Been burning my data unnecessary of late. This issue is certainly a concern for BlackBerry users.
    06-18-14 12:30 AM
    Same here. It says acquiring IP.

But a ping and checking of the router shows the IP was assigned and accepted by the device. It is a timeout elsewhere.

If it's pinging blackberry.com maybe I should just add a hosts entry to redirect to google.com for now. Very annoying issue as I'm trying to copy files over wifi + send SMS messages at the same time.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Same here yesterday. Pings were ok. Only it didnt work.
    Everyrhing Is ok now?

Posted via CB10 on glorious Z10 powered by 10.2.1.3175
    06-18-14 03:28 AM
    Me too! Cant image that so many people have the same issue! @@
    06-18-14 03:41 AM
    The next workaround will be to shut off your BB, take out the SIM card, put it into your new Galaxy S5, turn on your new GS5, download the eBay app take picture of your BB and list it on eBay.
    Too many steps for a work around. I wonder if we could substitute a toilet for the eBay part. Soon the financial returns of each will be equal.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-18-14 05:45 AM

You missed the point here. That's the workaround. Not a solution. You need to read the rest of the thread to see you are incorrect.
    kbz1960 and dxtx like this.
    06-18-14 06:16 AM
    I've been loyal to BlackBerry for 8 years now. Despite all its shortcomings I have stayed loyal to the brand. However, lack of apps, a half hearted attempt to give us access to android apps by making them compatible but not fully functional (push alerts etc) and now this!!!! SMH

I don't want to get off my original topic so I will stop right here.

BlackBerry knows about this wifi issue but won't say a thing for fear of getting laughed at publicly and to avoid accusations of Web surfing tracking. So we will just continue to get the silent treatment on this issue on this obvious protocol snafu.

It's been my device of choice since big blue (7290 I think it was). 7290- 9000- 9700- 9780- 9900- z10. Sad say for me to let go but it may be necessary. I feel like the Dr is asking me for permission to unplug a relative's life support.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    06-18-14 06:16 AM
    I began having this problem for the first time yesterday around the same time this thread appeared. However the problem still has yet to be resolved for me. I'm currently located in the UK. Is anyone else still experiencing this issue??

(And yes, I agree. If this is a reoccurring issue, BlackBerry needs to get on it ASAP and yes I also agree that I hope to see some coverage of this problem by Crackberry on the main page... hopefully with some sort of official explanation from BlackBerry included in the article)
    NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-18-14 06:27 AM
    I began having this problem for the first time yesterday around the same time this thread appeared. However the problem still has yet to be resolved for me. I'm currently located in the UK. Is anyone else still experiencing this issue??

(And yes, I agree. If this is a reoccurring issue, BlackBerry needs to get on it ASAP and yes I also agree that I hope to see some coverage of this problem by Crackberry on the main page... hopefully with some sort of official explanation from BlackBerry included in the article)
    My wi-fi connection has been fine so far today with data services turned on OK too, so no further issues so far. On O2 in the UK.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-18-14 06:43 AM
463 ... 45678 ...