Back up in L.A. (AT&T).

Tapped out on my Q10
    06-17-14 07:26 PM
    Joining in the complaining. Glad to see it wasn't just me going crazy running around power cycling my router...
    06-17-14 07:30 PM
    Back on OK with both data services turned on again and wi-fi available again OK. Let's see how long it last this time.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    06-17-14 07:32 PM
    Appears that all is well again here with Wifi and Data Services on. Turned my phone back on and so far so good with Verizon in northern Michigan!
    06-17-14 07:32 PM
    Got the WiFi Connection Limited notification too this morning. Was unable to browse bb.com.
    More weird, got a pushed update notification later on: Applications Update - Version V10.2.1.2941 - Size 871KB (I'm already running 10.2.1.2941)
    Did update and...:
    1. WiFi came back, still no bb.com
    2. BBM contacts don't show the grey Voice Call icon in the upper right corner anymore (UAE - carriers: Etisalat & Du - both 4G, no Voice or Video anyway, but grey icon used to show up before)
    Got the WiFi Connection Limited blabla again 2 hours ago, WiFi still working with Data Services ON or OFF.
    BB.com seems to be back
    !?...
    06-17-14 07:34 PM
    BlackBerry.net is back up. Time to tell them to fix that.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 07:35 PM
    Back up in Ecuador
    06-17-14 07:40 PM
    Ours just kicked back on after an hour down. Ajax, ontario.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    06-17-14 07:41 PM
    Come upgrade time in a few days BlackBerry is making this a less hard decision. I just didn't want to believe she was cheating on me, but alas, the pictures tell the story (analogy of course).

drfever likes this.
    06-17-14 07:46 PM
    Come upgrade time in a few days BlackBerry is making this a less hard decision. I just didn't want to believe she was cheating on me, but alas, the pictures tell the story (analogy of course).

I've been loyal to BlackBerry for 8 years now. Despite all its shortcomings I have stayed loyal to the brand. However, lack of apps, a half hearted attempt to give us access to android apps by making them compatible but not fully functional (push alerts etc) and now this!!!! SMH

I don't want to get off my original topic so I will stop right here.

BlackBerry knows about this wifi issue but won't say a thing for fear of getting laughed at publicly and to avoid accusations of Web surfing tracking. So we will just continue to get the silent treatment on this issue on this obvious protocol snafu.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-17-14 07:52 PM
    We shouldn't be having to turn anything off. This is ridiculous.

I couldn't agree with you more. That was my same response on the other forum "why has the limited wifi thread been closed?" Every answer that we ever get to an issue is another workaround instead of. BlackBerry actually addressing the problem. I do love my BlackBerry and have continued to stick with their devices but it's about time they finally become accountable for their problems. We've all done our part for years.

Kevin, please talk to them about this at the meeting next week.
    drfever and Katika99 like this.
    06-17-14 08:14 PM
    Forget the apps. This is the kind of crap that turns potential customers noses up.

Get your head in the game Blackberry.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3175
    NYMETSFAN86 and drfever like this.
    06-17-14 08:18 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more. That was my same response on the other forum "why has the limited wifi thread been closed?" Every answer that we ever get to an issue is another workaround instead of. BlackBerry actually addressing the problem. I do love my BlackBerry and have continued to stick with their devices but it's about time they finally become accountable for their problems. We've all done our part for years.

Kevin, please talk to them about this at the meeting next week.
    This is so true.

Again I don't want to get off topic but everything we seem to get are indeed work around. +10 on that comment.

Wifi won't work, switch mobile radio off. Blackberry will run Android apps? Yeah but for the good stuff you need to side load stuff. That won't work? Reinstall the OS. This doesn't look right? Pull out the battery. If and they'll run Android apps but anything with push notifications won't push so it's compatible but not fully functional. SO FRUSTRATING.. but I continue to buy the latest BlackBerry while never once going to even try an iPhone or Android device. We'll I might just have to start test driving.

Anyways..... anyone around long enough knows our frustrations.

Let's keep this post on topic re the wifi issue. I apologize for veering.

NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-17-14 08:31 PM
    Forget the apps. This is the kind of crap that turns potential customers noses up.

Get your head in the game Blackberry.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3175
    This is exactly right. Apps may keep BB from gaining new converts, but it is the thousand little inconveniences and insults that lose you good will among your existing clientele and kill your brand.But I too, will not digress.
    NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-17-14 08:36 PM
    This is so true.

Again I don't want to get off topic but everything we seem to get are indeed work around. +10 on that comment.

Wifi won't work, switch mobile radio off. Blackberry will run Android apps? Yeah but for the good stuff you need to side load stuff. That won't work? Reinstall the OS. This doesn't look right? Pull out the battery. If and they'll run Android apps but anything with push notifications won't push so it's compatible but not fully functional. SO FRUSTRATING.. but I continue to buy the latest BlackBerry while never once going to even try an iPhone or Android device. We'll I might just have to start test driving.

Anyways..... anyone around long enough knows our frustrations.

Let's keep this post on topic re the wifi issue. I apologize for veering.

Believe me, you're not veering off topic at all. This ongoing wifi problem is so representative of what's wrong with BlackBerry as a whole. There's only so long that us loyalists can remain as that. We do our part, and then some. It's up to us to not only find issues but to solve them too.......well, sort of with another workaround.
    06-17-14 08:39 PM
    Apple found people to get it done.
    Android found people to get it done.

Blackberry, time to hire the best and get things back to the way they were.

My device of choice, Blackberry.

It's time to go in on this Chen.

No games. Get it done.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3175
    drfever likes this.
    06-17-14 08:42 PM
    Not sure if this helps ease the situation........
    My Iphone wifi connection goes dead as well on rare occassions. I just turn my data on for limited time or don't use internet till its back on....
    06-17-14 08:42 PM
    Apple found people to get it done.
    Android found people to get it done.

Blackberry, time to hire the best and get things back to the way they were.

My device of choice, Blackberry.

It's time to go in on this Chen.

No games. Get it done.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3175
    As a huge baseball fan, here's a great line from the movie "Fever Pitch" with Jimmy. Fallon: (You can substitute the word BlackBerry in place of Red Sox)

"Ryan: You love the Red Sox, but have they ever loved you back?
    Ben: Who do you think you are, Dr. Phil? Go on, get outta here!
    06-17-14 08:47 PM
    People always joke when someone asks what will happen to their phone if BlackBerry goes out of business. Between this and the sensor thing, I'm starting to wonder.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 08:55 PM
    People always joke when someone asks what will happen to their phone if BlackBerry goes out of business. Between this and the sensor thing, I'm starting to wonder.

Posted via CB10
    We would essentially have a phone. Existing apps will work but no more updates or os updates. The phone thing is carrier/sim card based so at the very least we would have a working phone lol

06-17-14 08:59 PM
    What percentage of existing BB users are hoping in the back of their mind that BlackBerry goes under so they can just move to another platform without feeling guilty? Now that would be a great survey question.
    06-17-14 09:08 PM
    I had no idea this is what caused the wifi issues, but this time it hit enough of us that it seems obvious it is the root cause. It sucks, but thinking about it, they do need to ping somewhere to determine connectivity. Windows does it, Apple does it, Google probably does but I don't know. Now what do those guys ping? Probably thier own servers, but maybe not? Do they check multiple servers? Again I don't. Know, but what I do know is that any scheme like this needs to be constructed with redundancy. Todays's event seems like BlackBerry has a single point of failure for their check, and that IS a problem they need to address.

For those who think having a wifi connection means the phone should use i for data, unfortunately its not that simple. Today, i can be connected to a non-internet connected wifi network, and bb10 will route intranet traffic over wifi and internet traffic over cellular. I never expected his and have no idea if other phones do it, but I like the smart routing. I hope they can (and do!) fix the internet check without breaking this and making it an all or nothing switch between wifi and cellular.
    drfever likes this.
    06-17-14 09:11 PM
    What percentage of existing BB users are hoping in the back of their mind that BlackBerry goes under so they can just move to another platform without feeling guilty? Now that would be a great survey question.
    I've been saying off the cuff to friends for the beast year that if BlackBerry 10 doesn't succeed that BlackBerry will either cease to exist or become a handset company running android exclusively but with their own proprietary nuggets like the keyboard for example. Like HTC, LG or other Android os handset manufacturers.

NYMETSFAN86 likes this.
    06-17-14 09:24 PM
    The single point of failure makes every BB phone user vulnerable to a denial of service attack.
    drfever likes this.
    06-17-14 09:31 PM
    so that's why my wifi stopped working? who came up with this protocol? I hope that they have jumped ship and have gone to work for apple so they can fill ios with ******** ideas like this one
    drfever and mkiiw like this.
    06-17-14 09:36 PM
463 ... 34567 ...