Well, I got my Z30 and my moms Q10 and wife's Z10 got 10.2 update, the Z10 has not wi-fi direct nor USB OTG, but the Q10 and Z30 has it, my question is how do I use it.

From the Q10 and the Z30 I picked up any file pushed share and selected wi-fi direct, nothing, went to config menu entered wi-fi and selected the wi-fi direct tab, it starts to look for another devices but never finds one, have gone through all the configuration menu looking for some other setting but can't find anything to give me a hint on how to do it.

On the USB OTG I've seen on youtube people just plugging the phone to a USB Hub and the mouse or keyboard to the hub and the phone automatically detect it, also with pendrives, but I did that and nothing happened, the hub I have is a cheap one maybe is USB 1.0 and the USB OTG may need USB 3.0?

Well, if someone has done it or knows how to do it or has a link to some tutorial I will be very thankful, these are two features I wanted from 10.2 update.
    11-08-13 04:18 PM
    Sorry no answers but I too would like to know how to get this working. I've tried a usb powered drive, used my otg cable and plugged them into the Z30. Looked in the filing cabinet and can't see the drive at all. So +1 for your request.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    11-08-13 04:21 PM
    I have a friend that moves around a lot in Mexico, and could use something like this. Have no idea how popular, possible, or difficult this kind of service would be, but if it can be done, it would be a lot cheaper than having to use data wouldn't it, and only slightly more inconvenient. I'm sure some people would go for it, if it can be done.
    01-15-15 12:41 PM
    USB OTG isn't supported by the Q10, only the Z30. Wifi direct is supported by both.
    To use wifi direct, first pair both the devices by switching on wifi and under the wifi direct tab add the device. After the pairing select the share menu for the file u wish to send and from the sharing menu list, select wifi direct and then choose the device and you are done!
    For USB OTG, u need a otg cable and from there u need to plug in any USB drive, and it will show up in the file manager.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    01-15-15 12:47 PM
    I was able to get wi-fi direct working between a passport and my Z30, I seemed to initiate it via NFC tap to transfer a large HD video.

On my Z30, I used an OTG cable I purchased from the source in Canada (formerly Radio Shack). I was able to use various USB 2.0 memory sticks from lexar, San disk, etc as well as mouse and keyboard. Anything drawing significant power, it would be best if you used a powered usb hub.

These all worked out of the box with stock OS, however I am running a 'leaked' OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    01-15-15 12:48 PM
    You may have to turn USB on in settings.

Your blackberry only supports USB 2.0 and 1.1 fortunately almost everything is USB 2.0 and 3.0 is backwards compatible.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:55 PM
    You can still share via NFC with the Z10. However as it doesn't use WiFi-Direct the data is sent via Bluetooth which makes the transfer a lot slower, but still just as convenient

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:49 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 04:15 PM