This function had nothing to do with BIS.

Why would they leave something so important out that has been on their devices for years?

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    09-16-13 09:54 PM
    No one???? Lol

Kinda scary that 150+ people responded to using the device's HDMI port to play video games, stream Netflix, and do training, but not 1 person responds to discussing the email functionalities (or lack thereof) of the BB10 devices as it relates to this post and Legacy devices.

Ohhh how the times have changed...

danprown likes this.
    09-17-13 02:14 AM
    I don't know
    09-17-13 02:34 AM
    My guess for the low response is that it's likely been discussed. Even if not, unless someone from BlackBerry has responded publicly, anything else is speculation.

As a software developer, my guess is it's just competing priorities. While it doesn't depend on BIS, it would still have to be implemented for BB10 - possibly with very little ability to reuse the BIS code. Hopefully it's not for lack of developers.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:10 AM
    The BBOS remote search was via BIS, as already noted above.
    I believe that Google's version of the IMAP protocol does not support remote search. Google cancelled the use of EAS (ActiveSync) for all accounts but paid Google Apps accounts at the end of January (coinciding with the BB10 release, ???). So, in my opinion, Google is the cause here.

But, since I'm able to sync all of my Gmail messages to my device, it isn't an inconvenience. My on-device search works just dandy.
    (And No, syncing my Gmail back to "forever" has no ill effects. After the initial sync, things settle down nicely -- no extra battery consumption, just a minor hit on available space.)
    09-17-13 06:53 AM
    A toy, not a tool...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:24 AM
    No one???? Lol

Kinda scary that 150+ people responded to using the device's HDMI port to play video games, stream Netflix, and do training, but not 1 person responds to discussing the email functionalities (or lack thereof) of the BB10 devices as it relates to this post and Legacy devices.

Ohhh how the times have changed...

The other thread is asking for personal usage preferences, which everybody has. This thread is asking for a technical explanation and, likely, nobody here knows. I know search via active sync works fine, so I would have to guess the problem is associated with IMAP, but that's just a guess.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:27 AM
    Problem with IMAP or problem with BlackBerry communicating with IMAP? I'd say the latter, since I my iPad, I can search my Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:30 AM
    Problem with IMAP or problem with BlackBerry communicating with IMAP? I'd say the latter, since I my iPad, I can search my Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    I was being deliberately ambiguous, because I really had no idea which of the two it would be.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:46 AM
    It's BlackBerry, as usual. I search old Gmails over IMAP on my iPad without issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:19 AM
    It's BlackBerry, as usual. I search old Gmails over IMAP on my iPad without issues.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, contrary to what was said above, the remote search function had nothing to do with IMAP. Just like in iOS, it's a function of IMAP.

09-17-13 08:48 AM
    I was surprised and annoyed remote search of Gmail was missing. I don't use it often but it was handy. The workaround for when you need to remote search is to use the browser to log into Gmail. Not ideal but fine. There are also some Gmail apps in Blackberry World which let you do this.

Unbelievable Blackberry omitted this feature.
    09-17-13 08:51 AM
    The BBOS remote search was via BIS, as already noted above.
    I believe that Google's version of the IMAP protocol does not support remote search. Google cancelled the use of EAS (ActiveSync) for all accounts but paid Google Apps accounts at the end of January (coinciding with the BB10 release, ???). So, in my opinion, Google is the cause here.

But, since I'm able to sync all of my Gmail messages to my device, it isn't an inconvenience. My on-device search works just dandy.
    (And No, syncing my Gmail back to "forever" has no ill effects. After the initial sync, things settle down nicely -- no extra battery consumption, just a minor hit on available space.)
    Like you, I tried syncing Forever 2 weeks ago when the option was enabled in the official update. Unfortunately, because I have over 430k emails going back to 2008, I issues up the wazoo after the initial pull down, up to last Friday when I said enough and had to do a wipe and start from scratch.

09-17-13 08:54 AM
    This lack of functionality for remote Gmail search had been discussed in the forums before. However it has not been addressed by BlackBerry. This functionality was available under BBOS.
    The lack of remote search of Gmail is a limiting factor for BB10 to be a serious business tool.
    The remote Gmail search functionality does not seem to available under EAS or IMAP on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:09 AM
    Such a big f*$& you to business users. Thanks Thorsten.

This lack of functionality for remote Gmail search had been discussed in the forums before. However it has not been addressed by BlackBerry. This functionality was available under BBOS.
    The lack of remote search of Gmail is a limiting factor for BB10 to be a serious business tool.
    The remote Gmail search functionality does not seem to available under EAS or IMAP on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:23 AM
    Hi, running the latest os on the q10 and have a google apps account, still no remote search? i can find nothing.
    03-03-14 02:23 AM
    No remote search with imap . Tried couple accounts and one gmail.

No problem on iphone 5.. I really hope blackberry implement this. I've synched all emails with some accounts but don't want to do that with gmail because I have lots of messages.
    03-20-14 06:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Out of curiosity, when did you instal your Gmail on your iPad?
    03-20-14 06:27 PM
    Interesting. Not available for gmail but is for hotmail.
    Why is there no remote search for Gmail anymore?-img_20140320_205723.png
    Why is there no remote search for Gmail anymore?-img_20140320_210137.png

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    03-20-14 07:03 PM
    Remote Search for Gmail and GAPPS is a function I miss the most with BB10. I have asked on this forum and the blackberry forums to find out if this is something that is "in progress" at BBRY or not. I was also surprised that remote search for Gmail and GAPPS was not included in the top 25 requests for BB10 that Bla1se posted on Crackberry earlier this week.
    BBRY is not addressing a big market of users that rely on Google Apps for their office apps.
    03-21-14 08:39 AM
    Remote Search for Gmail and GAPPS is a function I miss the most with BB10. I have asked on this forum and the blackberry forums to find out if this is something that is "in progress" at BBRY or not. I was also surprised that remote search for Gmail and GAPPS was not included in the top 25 requests for BB10 that Bla1se posted on Crackberry earlier this week.
    BBRY is not addressing a big market of users that rely on Google Apps for their office apps.
    It was possible in past firmware but i don't remember the number.
    03-28-14 02:43 PM
    FWIW
    With Outlook and my other personal domain email with Network Solutions I'm able to remote search.

My paid Google business account I can not.

I suspect it's Google.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 05:45 PM
    FWIW
    With Outlook and my other personal domain email with Network Solutions I'm able to remote search.

I suspect it's Google.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so, I have on my ipad. And if you pay google you can use any device
    03-29-14 03:19 AM
    FWIW

I suspect it's Google.

Posted via CB10
    No. I have other imap account on personal domain and remote search is not there.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:40 AM
    Add me to the list of people craving for this feature. Api is ready for it. Are the BlackBerry developers also finally ready to implement it.
    04-26-14 04:54 AM
27 12