I've been holding off posting this for a while, but there comes a time when i've got to come out and ask: why is there so much delusion on Crackberry forums? I've seen maybe 100 posts since i've recently started visiting the website (sometimes when i'm not even logged in) where people are saying how BB10 is leagues ahead of iOS/Android, or BB10 is more simple to use than Android/iOS etc etc. Some people even say "BB10 isn't dead! It's still going strong".

There is so, so much delusion and quite frankly, it makes us (as in, the other members and site as a whole) look absolutely stupid as a collective. BB represents 0.1% of the market and that figure includes governments (i've read this on multiple websites). The situation is DIRE. I have owned several Blackberries and spent a fair bit of money in the process. But I wont kid myself. All i'll say is: TCL.....Palm... and we know what happened to the Palm name/brand.

Blackberry has had to resort to extreme lengths to keep Blackberry alive as a company, including sacking staff, moving to android and becoming a "software company" whilst letting 3rd parties make the phones. And did you see what Blackberry have said?? "Blackberry bears no responsibility for the actions of our 3rd parties" or words to that effect.

Again: i'm a long-term fan of Blackberry. But why are so many users utterly deluded and so pro-Blackberry that they make themselves look completely stupid and ignorant. It's ok if you don't like Android or iOS, but when I see posts like: "BB10 is sooooo much better than iOS, everything is quicker and more secure, like BBM" I cringe and do a facepalm. Luckily, most people on the forum are realists and aren't afraid to put across their true feelings on the situation. But more often than not, i'm reading the kind of comments you'd see from 13 year old fanboys defending their latest games console.
    YeemanBB and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    02-07-17 07:00 PM
    You are welcome to your opinion, but comparing my Q10 to my girlfriend's Android the Q is so much easier to use and faster than the newer Android crap.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    mh1983 likes this.
    02-07-17 07:08 PM
    Well, personally, I think BB10 is leagues ahead of Android and iOS, but that doesn't also mean it has a market lol. It failed to get the traction it needed. So I can, without delusion, say BB10 is amazing but it had it's moment to shine.
    02-07-17 07:09 PM
    ...There is so, so much delusion and quite frankly, it makes us (as in, the other members and site as a whole) look absolutely stupid as a collective.
    -- and this is important to you because..?
    02-07-17 07:10 PM
    There is room for a lot of opinions. Readers of the site are not likely to consider all of us as having one monolithic opinion.
    02-07-17 07:10 PM
    I actually think this forum is more balanced in that respect than other fan forums. My other hobby is cars and if you want to see emotionally driven blind faith, you should read some of those forums.

I appreciate the fact that fans can say what they think here, and those of us who have different perspectives, but still care about the subject, also get a chance to post. This would be a boring place if it was all "BB is done" or all "BB now, BB forever". I like that CB is neither of these. Or maybe sometime it's both of these.

I
    Fret Madden likes this.
    02-07-17 07:12 PM
    Leaving marketshare and app gap out, what's wrong with BB10 that would be cause for calling fans delusional? I'm all for calling people on inaccuracies but this isn't one.
    02-07-17 07:12 PM
    Well I can't speak to Android... but my employer supplies me with a Iphone that I must use for dispatch and invoice applications. My personal device is a BB Q10 and after 3 years of comparison my preference would be BB hands down. And I am deluded in many areas of my life, but I think when it come to this I'll claim sanity.
    David Tyler and dmlis like this.
    02-07-17 07:21 PM
    Sunk cost fallacy?
    southlander likes this.
    02-07-17 07:35 PM
    I've been holding off posting this for a while, but there comes a time when i've got to come out and ask: why is there so much delusion on Crackberry forums? I've seen maybe 100 posts since i've recently started visiting the website (sometimes when i'm not even logged in) where people are saying how BB10 is leagues ahead of iOS/Android, or BB10 is more simple to use than Android/iOS etc etc. Some people even say "BB10 isn't dead! It's still going strong".

There is so, so much delusion and quite frankly, it makes us (as in, the other members and site as a whole) look absolutely stupid as a collective. BB represents 0.1% of the market and that figure includes governments (i've read this on multiple websites). The situation is DIRE. I have owned several Blackberries and spent a fair bit of money in the process. But I wont kid myself. All i'll say is: TCL.....Palm... and we know what happened to the Palm name/brand.

Blackberry has had to resort to extreme lengths to keep Blackberry alive as a company, including sacking staff, moving to android and becoming a "software company" whilst letting 3rd parties make the phones. And did you see what Blackberry have said?? "Blackberry bears no responsibility for the actions of our 3rd parties" or words to that effect.

Again: i'm a long-term fan of Blackberry. But why are so many users utterly deluded and so pro-Blackberry that they make themselves look completely stupid and ignorant. It's ok if you don't like Android or iOS, but when I see posts like: "BB10 is sooooo much better than iOS, everything is quicker and more secure, like BBM" I cringe and do a facepalm. Luckily, most people on the forum are realists and aren't afraid to put across their true feelings on the situation. But more often than not, i'm reading the kind of comments you'd see from 13 year old fanboys defending their latest games console.
    And how does your post break away from the mold?

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    02-07-17 08:47 PM
    Sunk cost fallacy?
    This

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 09:49 PM
    TCL and Palm is not comparable to what is happening here. Read up on it.
    02-07-17 10:04 PM
    Well, personally, I think BB10 is leagues ahead of Android and iOS, but that doesn't also mean it has a market lol. It failed to get the traction it needed. So I can, without delusion, say BB10 is amazing but it had it's moment to shine.
    This sums up my feelings on BB10 100%. I really wished it could have gained the traction that it needed... could you imagine what the OS would like today had it taken off given how incredible it still is in its current, soon-to-be sunsetted state? Alas, it didn't happen and BlackBerry made the smart business decision to go Android... now there's new life breathed into the body.

Bring on the Mercury!
    02-07-17 10:42 PM
    Am I delusional that I love my BB10s and they work fine? Or that I tried an android phone first and I cringe at the thought of ever having to touch one again? Or that I see no point in going apple because -- I found BlackBerry first and it's love everlasting and apples cost four times as much as BlackBerrys? (Which isn't even a reason, just an unfortunate perk of the market situation, and I can buy more BlackBerrys because of it.)

I am quite content to be a delusional fool, and an embarrassment to all those who know android is better, I missed out on in what way when I almost threw my android overboard after only almost a year of frustration, even BEFORE I discovered BlackBerry; it was really that bad. (Well, it did have a nice camera, but it liked to take pictures of me and send them to only Droid Knows Where.)

But I am happy android is there for those that want it. I myself have been SAVED, and I am going to continue to shout it from the mountaintops, until BB10 is No More.

Or until they kick me out of here...
    02-08-17 12:29 AM
    But I am happy android is there for those that want it. I myself have been SAVED, and I am going to continue to shout it from the mountaintops, until BB10 is No More.

Or until they kick me out of here...
    They won't kick you out of here... they will just shame you until you run away!

I was like you in that I did try an Android as a side piece out of curiosity for a few months and absolutely hated it. But this was on Kitkat. The OS has gotten a lot better since then and I actually enjoy Marshmallow quite a lot and am looking forward to Nougat. The level of customization is fantastic (Nova Launcher is incredible) and reminds me of the fun days of themes on BBOS.
    YeemanBB likes this.
    02-08-17 08:17 AM