By all means, if you are baffled, ask questions till you are satisfied. My overall point was BlackBerry lack apps. Hence, why aren't people willing to invest in the ecosystem till it matures.

I haven't watched Netflix since April when I finished House of Cards. How ironic that you bring up Washington DC. You would think I denied any existence of normal behaving blacks the way your attempted to throw it in my face. Now to keep the topic BlackBerry focused... What are the chances any of the 100 people have a BlackBerry 10 device?

Posted via CB10
    You start a thread that in your mind, asks about the importance of apps. This has been discussed on numerous threads on CrackBerry already so you would have your answer to your question if that's all that you truly wanted to know. You also asked these acquaintances of yours and were not satisfied with their answers. I don't think that you were truly looking for an answer to the question of the importance of apps.

You then bring in irrelevant information in regards to the importance of apps by bringing up your age, educational background and race and even making outrageous comments about the activities that people of your race partake in. You can't be surprised when people respond to things that you now deem irrelevant.

Not watching Netflix for three months doesn't mean that your mind hasn't been "polluted" recently. And yes, I can throw at least one black person that has a work-issued BB10 device in there. There's another black person that has a personal BB10 device that I can think of, but he would not have made the first 100 people that I would have introduced you to.
    07-18-15 08:11 AM
    Then you'd know that BBOS was hacked if you looked at history.
    As I said there are ups and downs, but iOS and Android had much more issues over the last years than BBOS or BlackBerry 10.
    So, if someone asks me which phones are most secure out of the box, I would say BlackBerry in general and specifically BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 08:57 AM
    I use to be concerned with data tracking until I realized there's a flaw in the system. The system is ran by people. People have limitations and can be exploited.
    Not really sure how that is any comfort considering that "people" are the ones doing the exploitation of personal information. I'll fear a person with my personal data far more than a computer. It does what it is programmed for and doesn't think about what else it could do.

Latest news is saying that Apple pay will show you ads for products that you can afford based on your credit card balance. Why should Apple or ANY company other than my lending institution be able to view my credit card balance? What's next, my bank account? Conspiracy theories aside, this is not a good thing for consumer rights.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-18-15 09:12 AM
    Why are people so head over hills for apps? Most apps people use aren't even productive. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Games such Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and Words With Friends. All these apps are just distractions and pollute our minds with noise.

Posted via CB10
    Many of us don't care much about apps and CrackBerry is the distraction polluting our minds with noise!
    07-18-15 09:34 AM
    Most people don't buy a blackberry because they are not offered by their carrier at least in north America .

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 09:49 AM
    Most people don't buy a blackberry because they are not offered by their carrier at least in north America .

Posted via CB10
    Wow that came out of left field lol. Did you need your own thread?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 09:52 AM
    Why are people heading for the heels over the lack of apps on BB10?
    DrBoomBotz and mkelley65 like this.
    07-18-15 10:44 AM
    Latest news is saying that Apple pay will show you ads for products that you can afford based on your credit card balance. Why should Apple or ANY company other than my lending institution be able to view my credit card balance? What's next, my bank account? Conspiracy theories aside, this is not a good thing for consumer rights.
    Apple cannot see your credit card balance or credit limit. Only your lender can.
    07-18-15 11:01 AM
    How is security not important in this digital era? Not to seem like an conspirator but I believe a lot of information is being stored to profile us in the future. Minority Report.
    Security or privacy?

Security is important. Walled garden app stores have largely solved the largest problem from the PC Era. The fact that one could install apps from untrusted sources. Moreover Apple doesn't even allow apps into its store without actually looking at each app. And both Apple and Google have kill switches for apps after the fact just in case. Add to that the fact that browser plugins like flash and java are not generally on mobile devices. I'd say security is greatly improved for the average consumer already. Then you have biometrics like Touch ID that add even more. So I think security is advancing pretty well.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-18-15 11:26 AM
    Why are people so head over hills for apps? Most apps people use aren't even productive. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Games such Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and Words With Friends. All these apps are just distractions and pollute our minds with noise.

Maybe it's just the people I'm acquainted with but they all appear to be zombies. Most, not all, are just copying, pasting, and re-posting stuff they can't even put in their own words.
    No analytical skills and a absence of logic to have an intelligent discussion. They say I'm trolling because ask them for an explanation on something they post. Am I wrong for holding people accountable for the things they post on social media?

It appears to me "Attention is the new form of currency!" The older and wiser I get, I find it less acceptable to condone and partake in foolish behavior. I'm baffled as to how people my age and older have disposable to time play games and pretend to be something they're not.

I also wanted to get other people's perspective as to why BlackBerry isn't doing "great." Aside from the plethora of apps, It's more productive than iOS and more secure than Android. The hardware is solid and has been for over 2 years now. 2GB of RAM, NFC, and sharp resolution screen. I don't know, you would think people embrace the idea of being unique with owning a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You post about the uselessness of apps...using an app?
    07-18-15 11:46 AM
    Lol, I was going to post this too, had no one else.
    Posted with my  Classic
    Granite, misheard catchphrases can be pretty amusing.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-18-15 12:09 PM
    You start a thread that in your mind, asks about the importance of apps. This has been discussed on numerous threads on CrackBerry already so you would have your answer to your question if that's all that you truly wanted to know. You also asked these acquaintances of yours and were not satisfied with their answers. I don't think that you were truly looking for an answer to the question of the importance of apps.

You then bring in irrelevant information in regards to the importance of apps by bringing up your age, educational background and race and even making outrageous comments about the activities that people of your race partake in. You can't be surprised when people respond to things that you now deem irrelevant.

Not watching Netflix for three months doesn't mean that your mind hasn't been "polluted" recently. And yes, I can throw at least one black person that has a work-issued BB10 device in there. There's another black person that has a personal BB10 device that I can think of, but he would not have made the first 100 people that I would have introduced you to.
    Anyways, what are your thoughts on BlackBerry 10 and the lack of apps? Do you foresee BlackBerry making a comeback? What are some things you would like to see implemented?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:37 PM
    If you read other replies of mine you would see that my issues isn't with app functionality. It's with people unwilling to see the potential with BlackBerry for the lack of "popular" apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:44 PM
    If you read other replies of mine you would see that my issues isn't with app functionality. It's with people unwilling to see the potential with BlackBerry for the lack of "popular" apps.

Posted via CB10
    Imagine a car that you could drive only on certain roads. It could be a cool car, but most people would just buy the one you can drive on all of the roads.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-18-15 12:47 PM
    I don't even get how this is a question. Why are people head over heels for apps? Because applications have been expanding the capabilities and utility of base system software on computers of all kinds for decades. Most people wouldn't buy a certain personal computer if they couldn't get easy access to the applications they use most. Why would smartphones be any different? Even today's cheap entry-level smartphones have more processing power and more complex and powerful applications than personal desktop computers of just 15-20 years ago. Smartphones aren't just about phone calls, texts, and email anymore.
    Problems are solved by questions and answers. Is BlackBerry not facing problems regarding to its decline?

For the many of the "popular" apps out there, there are 3rd Party Substitutes. Could it be that some people are unintelligent to even consider a possibility of a similar app?

Not trying to be argumentative but shouldn't a "smartphone" protect people's information?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:57 PM
    Imagine a car that you could drive only on certain roads. It could be a cool car, but most people would just buy the one you can drive on all of the roads.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    How exactly does this relate to BlackBerry? The only thing BlackBerry is missing is an extensive amount native "popular" apps. It runs most Android apps to make up for its shortage. You kind of lost me there. . .

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:02 PM
    How exactly does this relate to BlackBerry? The only thing BlackBerry is missing is an extensive amount native "popular" apps. It runs most Android apps to make up for its shortage. You kind of lost me there. . .

Posted via CB10
    Except it's not actually true that most Android apps work properly or very easily. So many require patching, or some particular version, or are missing some features, or notifications don't work correctly, etc. And what about smart watches? Or all the major banks that don't support BB10 and even block apks running on BB10?

Or when I stayed at a hotel last week and the locked down TV supported streaming only for iOS and Android. Or my car which works absolutely fine with my iPhone and my Nexus but never quite worked with my Passport on any two consecutive days.

Or what about the fact that I cannot get my work email on my Passport because the company I work for shut down BES? It is no longer possible to do work on your phone at our company without our suite of internal apps.

Smartphones are much more convenient when they are easily compatible with all the other things in your life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    LazyEvul and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-18-15 01:23 PM
    I was waiting on someone to note that... finally!
    07-18-15 01:25 PM
    Anyways, what are your thoughts on BlackBerry 10 and the lack of apps? Do you foresee BlackBerry making a comeback? What are some things you would like to see implemented?

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts on BlackBerry 10 and the lack of apps is that yes, it will keep the average consumer and even some tinkerers (like me) away from the platform. I'm not what I would call a typical phone user in that I rarely make calls and consider text messages a necessary evil in my day-to-day communications. I use a smartphone for the added convenience in my life.

My list for personal use:
    *I check emails,
    *get news updates,
    *track my health concerns,
    *use the calendar functions with reminders,
    *use navigation to include the time in trip planning and see traffic jams that pop up along the way,
    *get stock quotes and other information,
    *use mobile banking to include mobile deposit,
    *find out where I parked my car if I forget,
    *listen to radio (whether satellite or terrestrial) and listen and buy other music through a paid service,
    *use the calculator,
    *play games,
    *watch videos on occasion,
    *use my phone for mobile payments,
    *use my phone as a mobile reference point when I need to show people examples of some things,
    *I create lists of things to remember (such as shopping lists),
    *I keep track of my auto insurance ID cards, and
    *many other random, occasional things such as report power outages.

I also use my phone for many work-related activities, though my phone is not a work-issued device. Many of my personal activities and some of my work activities could be accomplished on my Z10 when I used it, but not all. There were several things that I do on a daily basis that I couldn't do on my Z10.

BlackBerry can make a comeback, though I doubt that it will in its present form. I think that smartphone usage will continue to integrate with other devices (tablets, homes, cars, wearables and other items that don't exist yet) to form a more complete system that people will use in their daily activities.

I don't have a list of things that I want to see implemented into what BlackBerry does. I'll let the experts determine what their products and services can provide, and then I will evaluate whether or not they are useful in my life.
    07-18-15 01:26 PM
    You have to concede that apps are important when the CEO notes his wife uses a competing platform and asks for app neutrality.
    07-18-15 01:27 PM
    First thing that struck me about this thread when I read it was how the OP can't help himself from being dragged into a mess and seems to justify himself in any way possible without conceding on anything.
    The fact that he thinks anyone who spends their time playing games or consuming media are dysfunctional and clowning around makes me wonder two things: what would he do if he had to wait for his wife outside a store? Second is the fact that he points to all the things that people just do in parts of their life even getting in a fight, happens to everyone at one time. Finding a mate of the opposite sex is natural and sex is to and that the best clowning around I've had!!
    My conclusion is that this fellow and his ethnic background seems to exhibit Muslim or Islamic hints and I'm no secret agent but if I were FBI or CSIS I would keep tabs on this guy.

Hail BlackBerry. Live long and prosper!!!

Posted via CB10
    I'll admit, prior to creating this thread, I was consumed with personal feelings about the current events that have occurred. Numerous deaths, unconstitutional laws being passed, and ever changing policies that effects us all. When I tried to dialog with people on social media they had little or no input. Most were just concerned with posting memes for likes and who got drafted.

I understand the desire to socialize, be amused, and simply be entertained. But where do people draw the line and pay attention to what's going on?

To answer your questions. I stopped going shopping with my long-term girlfriend years ago. It's too time consuming. She tries on everything from the socks to the hat. LOL

Your conclusion is correct in a sense. Wrong nevertheless. I have no affiliation with none of the groups. I wouldn't be surprised if government agencies were watching me. I feel disconnected from this artificial reality of capitalism.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by iBwizzle; 07-18-15 at 01:51 PM.
    07-18-15 01:30 PM
    Is OP Mike Lazaridis?

Not addressing CONSUMER WANTS and not KEEPING UP WITH THE MARKET is what got BlackBerry INTO the mess IT IS CURRENTLY in.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    07-18-15 01:46 PM
    Is OP Mike Lazaridis?

Not addressing CONSUMER WANTS and not KEEPING UP WITH THE MARKET is what got BlackBerry INTO the mess IT IS CURRENTLY in.
    No, my name is Brandon D. Cherry. Google me. LOL.

I concur. Many of the replies here have convinced me BlackBerry is on its last leg. Eventually I should consider adopting a new platform to meet my needs.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 02:00 PM
    Problems are solved by questions and answers. Is BlackBerry not facing problems regarding to its decline?

For the many of the "popular" apps out there, there are 3rd Party Substitutes. Could it be that some people are unintelligent to even consider a possibility of a similar app?

Not trying to be argumentative but shouldn't a "smartphone" protect people's information?

Posted via CB10
    People don't want 3rd party solutions when they can just get the real genuine article by using a supported platform. Would you rather buy a Windows PC and use official Microsoft Office? Or some personal computer using a 4th-place OS with a 3rd party knock-off "office" that offers similar functionality?

A smartphone, just like a personal computer, is only as secure or unsecure, or as productive or unproductive, as the individual owner. Security is only as strong as its weakest link... and in the vast majority of security breaches, that weakest link tends to be human error. Users with weak passwords. Not enabling 2-step verification. Etc etc. To the average smartphone user, a smartphone that "protects people's information" is rather pointless when people pour their personal information on to the web willingly.
    07-18-15 02:07 PM
    People don't want 3rd party solutions when they can just get the real genuine article by using a supported platform. Would you rather buy a Windows PC and use official Microsoft Office? Or some personal computer using a 4th-place OS with a 3rd party knock-off "office" that offers similar functionality?

A smartphone, just like a personal computer, is only as secure or unsecure, or as productive or unproductive, as the individual owner. Security is only as strong as its weakest link... and in the vast majority of security breaches, that weakest link tends to be human error. Users with weak passwords. Not enabling 2-step verification. Etc etc. To the average smartphone user, a smartphone that "protects people's information" is rather pointless when people pour their personal information on to the web willingly.
    Yes, I get it. All great points.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 02:14 PM
182 12345 ...