It's "head over heels" not "hills".
    07-17-15 09:59 PM
    There are so many things in your comments that just baffle me, but I had to jump on this one. How can you possibly complain that people use social media apps and games with the reason that they "are just distractions and pollute our minds with noise" when you use Netflix? The same thing can be said about Netflix. Even if you claim that you only use Netflix to watch educational documentaries, there is no doubt that even documentaries contain some mind polluting noise.

And yes, black people do more than gang-bang, mass breed and commit crimes. If you're ever in the Washington, DC area, I can introduce you to at least 100 black people in one day that don't partake in any of this. I can even get a civil engineer in there for you.
    By all means, if you are baffled, ask questions till you are satisfied. My overall point was BlackBerry lack apps. Hence, why aren't people willing to invest in the ecosystem till it matures.

I haven't watched Netflix since April when I finished House of Cards. How ironic that you bring up Washington DC. You would think I denied any existence of normal behaving blacks the way your attempted to throw it in my face. Now to keep the topic BlackBerry focused... What are the chances any of the 100 people have a BlackBerry 10 device?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by iBwizzle; 07-17-15 at 10:14 PM.
    07-17-15 10:01 PM
    It's "head over heels" not "hills".
    Lol, I was going to post this too, had no one else.

Posted with my  Classic
    blackmoe and mkelley65 like this.
    07-17-15 10:13 PM
    Lol, I was going to post this too, had no one else.

Posted with my  Classic
    Right. Thanks for catching the grammatical error. Do you care to share your thoughts on why people gravitate mostly to apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 10:19 PM
    Why are people so head over hills for apps? Most apps people use aren't even productive. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Games such Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and Words With Friends. All these apps are just distractions and pollute our minds with noise.

Maybe it's just the people I'm acquainted with but they all appear to be zombies. Most, not all, are just copying, pasting, and re-posting stuff they can't even put in their own words.
    No analytical skills and a absence of logic to have an intelligent discussion. They say I'm trolling because ask them for an explanation on something they post. Am I wrong for holding people accountable for the things they post on social media?

It appears to me "Attention is the new form of currency!" The older and wiser I get, I find it less acceptable to condone and partake in foolish behavior. I'm baffled as to how people my age and older have disposable to time play games and pretend to be something they're not.

I also wanted to get other people's perspective as to why BlackBerry isn't doing "great." Aside from the plethora of apps, It's more productive than iOS and more secure than Android. The hardware is solid and has been for over 2 years now. 2GB of RAM, NFC, and sharp resolution screen. I don't know, you would think people embrace the idea of being unique with owning a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry phones are built for productivity, yes. But people desire social apps because it keeps them connected to people in their lives. Every app doesn't need to be productive, and not every social app has to be a distraction. This is true for people of all races; perhaps not every neighborhood, but no less true.

As to why BlackBerry isn't doing great, apps is a BIG part of it. So too, is the lack of high-end specs in the BlackBerry 10 phones. Yes, they are good enough and greatly improved for us long time BlackBerry users, but do not stack up to current high-end devices on the market. Furthermore, the BlackBerry name is now laughable by a large segment of the population, and there is not enough marketing to help reverse this, plus the low-end specs in the phones compared to other industry phones do not entice people to switch to BlackBerry.

Posted with my  Classic
    DarkJoker33 and omega supreme like this.
    07-17-15 10:20 PM
    BlackBerry phones are built for productivity, yes. But people desire social apps because it keeps them connected to people in their lives. Every app doesn't need to be productive, and not every social app has to be a distraction. This is true for people of all races; perhaps not every neighborhood, but no less true.

As to why BlackBerry isn't doing great, apps is a BIG part of it. So too, is the lack of high-end specs in the BlackBerry 10 phones. Yes, they are good enough and greatly improved for us long time BlackBerry users, but do not stack up to current high-end devices on the market. Furthermore, the BlackBerry name is now laughable by a large segment of the population, and there is not enough marketing to help reverse this, plus the low-end specs in the phones compared to other industry phones do not entice people to switch to BlackBerry.

Posted with my  Classic
    I'm somewhat in denial of BlackBerry's decline because I find great use of it. I want every mobile platform to succeed. I believe there's room for multiple platforms. Innovation comes from competition. Mind you, I owned the first four iPhone's. Then I notices Apple's lack of innovation and increased prices. I drifted to Android till I quickly saw how saturated market was. Why buy flagship devices when most mid range devices operated the same? I tried WP8 and hated the lack of freedom. At the time there was no file manager and little customization.I had my eyes out Jolla's Sailfish OS; unfortunately the device lacks US Carrier support. To make a long story short, BlackBerry is my device of choice. The few apps I have by the 3rd Party developers have better features than the original apps. With FastTube I bypass ads, background play, and the ability to pre-load videos for onfline playback. Insta10 allows us to zoom in as well as save photos and videos to our device. BlackBerry 10 has so much potential. The rumors of BlackBerry going Android is insane.
    acovey and DarkJoker33 like this.
    07-17-15 11:07 PM
    i use android, ios, Bbos (never interested with BB10)

it's different for everyone android n ios have a good balance betwen fun, social and productivity..that is why many people love it.

not everything needs to be about work 24/7 ...sometimes a nice entertainment, and connect with your friends and family gives you more energy

besides for me i can be more productive with my android/ios apps google maps, my local stock broker apps to sell/buy stocks, local banking apps are very important to have for me....
    07-17-15 11:09 PM
    I believe there's room for multiple platforms.
    If you look at the history of computing platforms that's not what you see in general.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jallister and grover5 like this.
    07-17-15 11:12 PM
    As a techie, I'm just looking for something refreshing to thinker with. I get bored pretty easily with just a grid of apps. The gestures and overall function of BlackBerry 10 are still pleasing to me.

If you look at the history of computing platforms that's not what you see in general.

Sure. However, that was back when technology was in the beginning stages. If everything ran on 2 to 3 platforms couldn't you say it kind of risky in terms of security. How is security not important in this digital era? Not to seem like an conspirator but I believe a lot of information is being stored to profile us in the future. Minority Report.
    07-17-15 11:47 PM
    LOL. Move along - nothing to see here.
    07-18-15 12:00 AM
    How is security not important in this digital era? Not to seem like an conspirator but I believe a lot of information is being stored to profile us in the future. Minority Report.
    If people cared about security and privacy, facebook (as one example) wouldn't be so successful. The overwhelming majority of people do not have the faintest idea what security means in the digital era and most think that their phone is secure because it asks for a password.

As far as BlackBerry goes, I am thinking more and more that they do not want to be in the consumer space at all, preferring to be behind the scenes beefing up other devices from other companies. I love BlackBerry 10 devices but I have doubts about their continued existence long term. BlackBerry has a great product in BlackBerry 10 and they make no effort at all to advertise it. I think that they just don't want to, as frustrating as I find that conclusion.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:11 AM
    If people cared about security and privacy, facebook (as one example) wouldn't be so successful. The overwhelming majority of people do not have the faintest idea what security means in the digital era and most think that their phone is secure because it asks for a password.

Posted via CB10
    I use to be concerned with data tracking until I realized there's a flaw in the system. The system is ran by people. People have limitations and can be exploited.

As far as BlackBerry goes, I am thinking more and more that they do not want to be in the consumer space at all, preferring to be behind the scenes beefing up other devices from other companies. I love BlackBerry 10 devices but I have doubts about their continued existence long term. BlackBerry has a great product in BlackBerry 10 and they make no effort at all to advertise it. I think that they just don't want to, as frustrating as I find that conclusion.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I prepared to ride with BlackBerry till the end as they make their transition. I guess it's true that all good things come to an end...
    07-18-15 12:41 AM
    I'll make you a deal. I won't assume anything about someone who claims to be "older and wiser" yet thought, until now, that "head over hills" was an idiom, if you don't assume that people who are using apps are unproductive zombies incapable of logical thought and intelligent discussion.
    07-18-15 12:58 AM
    Good to see you have SOME taste then.

I haven't watched Netflix since April when I finished House of Cards.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-18-15 01:15 AM
    I'll make you a deal. I won't assume anything about someone who claims to be "older and wiser" yet thought, until now, that "head over hills" was an idiom, if you don't assume that people who are using apps are unproductive zombies incapable of logical thought and intelligent discussion.
    Ha', no deal, someone brought that to my awareness already. How about you stop being disingenuous by taking my words out of context. Your attempt to belittle was unsuccessful. Sorry. You have no valid argument because there's some truth in what I stated.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:49 AM
    Oh the irony.... also, you would get better replies if your thread name wasn't so vague.

Posted via CB10
    Well, i guess my work here is done...since I'm done with my productivity for the day, i shall go see who's on tinder now.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:49 AM
    I don't even get how this is a question. Why are people head over heels for apps? Because applications have been expanding the capabilities and utility of base system software on computers of all kinds for decades. Most people wouldn't buy a certain personal computer if they couldn't get easy access to the applications they use most. Why would smartphones be any different? Even today's cheap entry-level smartphones have more processing power and more complex and powerful applications than personal desktop computers of just 15-20 years ago. Smartphones aren't just about phone calls, texts, and email anymore.
    07-18-15 04:34 AM
    I've heard that 60% of apps in Apple store and Google play are actually dead, which means no one buying them

iBwizzle likes this.
    07-18-15 05:27 AM
    That's the problem, the app ecosystem is far more important to the vast majority of consumers than the level of security (which is not higher on a BB device not managed by a BES server).
    Respectfully disagree.

I had a look at more than a dozen smartphones from people around me, and almost all apps they used were available on BB 10.

About security: BB devices cannot be rooted and "data encryption" and "device wipe" is 100% effective, while iOS and Android have a long history of failures here. Most Android versions don't offer app permission control, so NO:
    Both, Android and iOS out of the box are less secure than BB 10.

Just a few links:
    Apple betrays the iPhone's business hopes | InfoWorld
    Apple aware of email attachment encryption issue in iOS 7.1.1

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/Papers/fr_most15.pdf
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    07-18-15 06:15 AM
    Must be productive robot... Cannot be productive if have apps.... Productivity, Productivity, Productivity.

Give me a break OP.
    07-18-15 06:35 AM
    Respectfully disagree.

I had a look at more than a dozen smartphones from people around me, and almost all apps they used were available on BB 10.

About security: BB devices cannot be rooted and "data encryption" and "device wipe" is 100% effective, while iOS and Android have a long history of failures here. Most Android versions don't offer app permission control, so NO:
    Both, Android and iOS out of the box are less secure than BB 10.

Just a few links:
    Apple betrays the iPhone's business hopes | InfoWorld
    Apple aware of email attachment encryption issue in iOS 7.1.1
    You are referencing an article from 2009 and an issue that was patched from 2014. Not really relevant anymore. It would be like me saying how bad the BB browser is and linking an article from 2009 regarding a BBOS phone.
    07-18-15 06:39 AM
    Hmmm... How can I word this without making the black race look any worse then we already do? For the most part, I can only speak on my experiences and those whom I'm close too. The people I identify with don't produce nothing deemed worthy of worldwide us. It appears all we do is consume and partake in dysfunctional behavior such as gangs, mass breeding, and criminal activity.

For the reasons above I've concluded we barely use apps for productivity. Instead, I see a lot of clowning around, fights, explicit media, and trying to hook up with the opposite sex. Being that BlackBerry lack the various apps, Blacks won't even consider the platform as an option.

Posted via CB10
    First thing that struck me about this thread when I read it was how the OP can't help himself from being dragged into a mess and seems to justify himself in any way possible without conceding on anything.
    The fact that he thinks anyone who spends their time playing games or consuming media are dysfunctional and clowning around makes me wonder two things: what would he do if he had to wait for his wife outside a store? Second is the fact that he points to all the things that people just do in parts of their life even getting in a fight, happens to everyone at one time. Finding a mate of the opposite sex is natural and sex is to and that the best clowning around I've had!!
    My conclusion is that this fellow and his ethnic background seems to exhibit Muslim or Islamic hints and I'm no secret agent but if I were FBI or CSIS I would keep tabs on this guy.

Hail BlackBerry. Live long and prosper!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 06:40 AM
    You are referencing an article from 2009 and an issue that was patched from 2014. Not really relevant anymore. It would be like me saying how bad the BB browser is and linking an article from 2009 regarding a BBOS phone.
    I was refering to the history too, so one article from 2009 isn't too much to prove my point.
    The problem patched in 2014 occured earlier (2009), doesn't give me much confidence in Apple's security policy.

All OS has there ups and downs regarding security, over time, but for BlackBerry there are more ups, for Android and iOS I see more downs.

If I buy a product, I take a look at the history first.
    07-18-15 06:44 AM
    I was refering to the history too, so one article from 2009 isn't too much to prove my point.
    The problem patched in 2014 occured earlier (2009), doesn't give me much confidence in Apple's security policy.

All OS has there ups and downs regarding security, over time, but for BlackBerry there are more ups, for Android and iOS I see more downs.

If I buy a product, I take a look at the history first.
    Then you'd know that BBOS was hacked if you looked at history.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-18-15 07:32 AM
    A lot of Crackberry users make the debate about "apps"; but, if you take a step back, an "app" is merely software just like the OS. What separates OS features like the Hub from app features like Snapchat? It's not much and even BBRY acknowledges this by making a Hub app for Android.

App = OS = software for overwhelming majority of customer, whether techie, non-techie, business professional, or government leaders alike. Most consumers that don't care for apps in fact don't care for software and by the transitive property have no interest in an OS like BB10. Conversely, many individuals who care about OS in fact care about software and by the transitive property care about apps. Hence, they won't be picking BB10.

BB10 devices are missing millions of features/functions versus competitors and that's one of the reasons why it's an unattractive product. Sure BB10 has a few unique features like the flick keyboard but like the bulk of Android apps/features not relevant to anyone BB10's unique features are likely similarly relevant to few people.

This is the base of Blackberry's issues.
    07-18-15 07:35 AM
182 1234 ...