Why are people so head over hills for apps? Most apps people use aren't even productive. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Games such Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and Words With Friends. All these apps are just distractions and pollute our minds with noise.

Maybe it's just the people I'm acquainted with but they all appear to be zombies. Most, not all, are just copying, pasting, and re-posting stuff they can't even put in their own words.
    No analytical skills and a absence of logic to have an intelligent discussion. They say I'm trolling because ask them for an explanation on something they post. Am I wrong for holding people accountable for the things they post on social media?

It appears to me "Attention is the new form of currency!" The older and wiser I get, I find it less acceptable to condone and partake in foolish behavior. I'm baffled as to how people my age and older have disposable to time play games and pretend to be something they're not.

I also wanted to get other people's perspective as to why BlackBerry isn't doing "great." Aside from the plethora of apps, It's more productive than iOS and more secure than Android. The hardware is solid and has been for over 2 years now. 2GB of RAM, NFC, and sharp resolution screen. I don't know, you would think people embrace the idea of being unique with owning a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 12:48 PM
    Oh the irony.... also, you would get better replies if your thread name wasn't so vague.

Posted via CB10
    southlander and MO3iusONE like this.
    07-17-15 12:52 PM
    Golden Age.
    07-17-15 12:58 PM
    Some of us use these "distractions" for work. Some of us find more purpose in them than you do. But ultimately, it's about choice - you don't have to use certain apps, but iOS and Android give you much more choice if you choose to do so.
    07-17-15 01:03 PM
    I mostly agree with the OP regarding apps and folks zombie state. Social media, depending on how it is used, can be beneficial for staying in touch with long distance relatives. But I believe many are getting "burned out" with FB and the likes. They all simply turn into advertising mechanisms. Like cable TV, satellite radio, YouTube etc, etc.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    lift likes this.
    07-17-15 01:08 PM
    Aside from the plethora of apps, It's more productive than iOS and more secure than Android. The hardware is solid and has been for over 2 years now. 2GB of RAM, NFC, and sharp resolution screen. I don't know, you would think people embrace the idea of being unique with owning a BlackBerry.
    That's the problem, the app ecosystem is far more important to the vast majority of consumers than the level of security (which is not higher on a BB device not managed by a BES server). Even the "productivity" you are talking about can be dependent on a variety of apps, for people that need to do more on their devices then talking on the phone or reading emails (different apps for diferent people, of course).

So, the app ecosystem is essential for both professional and entertainment purposes.
    07-17-15 01:10 PM
    Holier than thou attitude much?

Posted via Leap on Wind
    mithrazor and PygmySurfer like this.
    07-17-15 01:19 PM
    Holier than thou attitude much?

Posted via Leap on Wind
    Not at all. I believe people who come off as "high and mighty" ought to held to does standards. The last thing I want is for people to drag me through the mud for my hypocrisy. I'm 27 years of age with a Civil Engineering degree from CSULA. Needless to say, my career requires me to have a different point of view. I'm not here to offend people. I would like to think I'm taking a neutral stance. If you sense any form of bias to my post it's because I'm African-American aka Black. Therefore, my experiences is related to the race I identify with.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 01:40 PM
    If you sense any form of bias to my post it's because I'm African-American aka Black. Therefore, my experiences is related to the race I identify with.
    And how that can be, in this context? You made me curios. I cannot see how race can have anything to do with social apps usage or current BlackBerry problems.
    HonnyBrown and MO3iusONE like this.
    07-17-15 01:47 PM
    And how that can be, in this context? You made me curios. I cannot see how race can have anything to do with social apps usage or current BlackBerry problems.
    Hmmm... How can I word this without making the black race look any worse then we already do? For the most part, I can only speak on my experiences and those whom I'm close too. The people I identify with don't produce nothing deemed worthy of worldwide us. It appears all we do is consume and partake in dysfunctional behavior such as gangs, mass breeding, and criminal activity.

For the reasons above I've concluded we barely use apps for productivity. Instead, I see a lot of clowning around, fights, explicit media, and trying to hook up with the opposite sex. Being that BlackBerry lack the various apps, Blacks won't even consider the platform as an option.

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu likes this.
    07-17-15 02:18 PM
    Hmmm... How can I word this without making the black race look any worse then we already do? For the most part, I can only speak on my experiences and those whom I'm close too. The people I identify with don't produce nothing deemed worthy of worldwide us. It appears all we do is consume and partake in dysfunctional behavior such as gangs, mass breeding, and criminal activity.

For the reasons above I've concluded we barely use apps for productivity. Instead, I see a lot of clowning around, fights, explicit media, and trying to hook up with the opposite sex. Being that BlackBerry lack the various apps, Blacks won't even consider the platform as an option.

Posted via CB10
    For someone who claims to be well educated you seem to lean towards mere ignorance in sociology... you create a thread to complain why people don't use their phones the way you would like them to. Then you complain that the people YOU identify and are close with only use their phones for fun and "dysfunctional behavior"...not to mention singling out just one race?...

Seems to me you need to move, or find better friends... if you don't like the apps that exist then put your engineering degree to good use and create an app worth everybody's while. be the change you want to see in the world....

I don't know if you this but you are aware that in the U.S. we currently have a black president, right?.... just saying.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow, jallister and HonnyBrown like this.
    07-17-15 03:38 PM
    For someone who claims to be well educated you seem to lean towards mere ignorance in sociology... you create a thread to complain why people don't use their phones the way you would like them to. Then you complain that the people YOU identify and are close with only use their phones for fun and "dysfunctional behavior"...not to mention singling out just one race?...

Seems to me you need to move, or find better friends... if you don't like the apps that exist then put your engineering degree to good use and create an app worth everybody's while. be the change you want to see in the world....

I don't know if you this but you are aware that in the U.S. we currently have a black president, right?.... just saying.

Posted via CB10
    No complaints over here. I was just asking some questions and made some points along the way. Someone raised a question to my post and I replied. You my not agree with my personal view but you can't debunk them. Again, I'm not looking for an argument thread. I just wanted to hear some thoughts about the dependence of apps. For the sake of competition I'm hoping to see BlackBerry survive.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm leaning more towards Entrepreneurship and app development has crossed my mind many times. I'll consider moving when the time is right. You mentioned friends and I spoke of acquaintances. There's a difference. As for apps, I have no problem side loading Android apps. Google maps and Netflix are the two main Android apps I have out 6 on my BlackBerry Z10.

By the way, our current president is biracial... Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 04:36 PM
    There's one thing I find with society these days. There are so many things pressuring us for our time we seem to hear the saying "there aren't enough hours in the day"

Yet...more and more when I speak with these people and ask what apps they have on their phones and they are loaded with games and apps to "pass the time away"

Now it's either you don't have enough hours in the day and too busy or you can afford to dump a few of those "time waster" apps and games and get caught up.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    bp2k7, acovey, DarkJoker33 and 1 others like this.
    07-17-15 04:54 PM
    All evidence to the contrary.

By the way, our current president is biracial... Just saying.

Posted via CB10

omega supreme likes this.
    07-17-15 04:58 PM
    The problem with your post op is that it is not representative and only applies to the people you are referring to specifically.

I will say however that I agree 100% people should be held accountable to what they say, and be able to defend it in an intellectual discussion if challenged.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 05:01 PM
    Why are people so head over hills for apps? Most apps people use aren't even productive. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Games such Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and Words With Friends. All these apps are just distractions and pollute our minds with noise.

Maybe it's just the people I'm acquainted with but they all appear to be zombies. Most, not all, are just copying, pasting, and re-posting stuff they can't even put in their own words.
    No analytical skills and a absence of logic to have an intelligent discussion. They say I'm trolling because ask them for an explanation on something they post. Am I wrong for holding people accountable for the things they post on social media?

It appears to me "Attention is the new form of currency!" The older and wiser I get, I find it less acceptable to condone and partake in foolish behavior. I'm baffled as to how people my age and older have disposable to time play games and pretend to be something they're not.

I also wanted to get other people's perspective as to why BlackBerry isn't doing "great." Aside from the plethora of apps, It's more productive than iOS and more secure than Android. The hardware is solid and has been for over 2 years now. 2GB of RAM, NFC, and sharp resolution screen. I don't know, you would think people embrace the idea of being unique with owning a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    And you are the reason this idea fails for BlackBerry and why it doesn't sell. it densest matter what we think are good apps but what people buy phones for do.
    07-17-15 05:11 PM
    There's one thing I find with society these days. There are so many things pressuring us for our time we seem to hear the saying "there aren't enough hours in the day"

Yet...more and more when I speak with these people and ask what apps they have on their phones and they are loaded with games and apps to "pass the time away"

Now it's either you don't have enough hours in the day and too busy or you can afford to dump a few of those "time waster" apps and games and get caught up.

What else is there to do when taking a dump? Used to be reading magazines now we have our phones with everything included......until my legs start falling asleep lololol

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-17-15 05:12 PM
    When the market decides something is better or preferred it's a lot less stressful to accept it. You can't win by fighting it. People like all the time wasting stuff. They like fun. And they figure the phones can call text or whatever just perfectly well enough. And the industry that supplies the tech likes the fact that there is broad appeal. If work was the only appeal the market would be a lot smaller.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-17-15 05:15 PM
    And you are the reason this idea fails for BlackBerry and why it doesn't sell. it densest matter what we think are good apps but what people buy phones for do.
    Huh? That's all you got out of the original post?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 05:25 PM
    /r/IAmVerySmart
    07-17-15 05:36 PM
    When the market decides something is better or preferred it's a lot less stressful to accept it. You can't win by fighting it. People like all the time wasting stuff. They like fun. And they figure the phones can call text or whatever just perfectly well enough. And the industry that supplies the tech likes the fact that there is broad appeal. If work was the only appeal the market would be a lot smaller.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I understand what you mean. However, I've never been stressed and I have accepted it. I still have the right to question and give an formulated opinion.

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan likes this.
    07-17-15 05:46 PM
    "For someone who claims to be well educated you seem to lean towards mere ignorance in sociology..."

It seems to me, that this thread is getting a little too personal. It is none of my business, if someone has a different experience than I, and therefore sees things from a different perspective. It certainly is not my place to insult his intelligence.
    eduzojordan and niss63 like this.
    07-17-15 07:08 PM
    "For someone who claims to be well educated you seem to lean towards mere ignorance in sociology..."

It seems to me, that this thread is getting a little too personal. It is none of my business, if someone has a different experience than I, and therefore sees things from a different perspective. It certainly is not my place to insult his intelligence.
    In order for insults to be effective. You have to do 1 or more of the 3:
    1. Put food in my stomach
    2. Put clothes on my back
    3. Pay my bills directly.
    If not, you'd be wasting your time trying to offend me.

I started the tread on Crackberry because I assumed we'd all like to see the success of BlackBerry. Like Palm OS, I don't wanna see another great OS get canned.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 07:56 PM
    As for apps, I have no problem side loading Android apps. Google maps and Netflix are the two main Android apps I have out 6 on my BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via CB10
    There are so many things in your comments that just baffle me, but I had to jump on this one. How can you possibly complain that people use social media apps and games with the reason that they "are just distractions and pollute our minds with noise" when you use Netflix? The same thing can be said about Netflix. Even if you claim that you only use Netflix to watch educational documentaries, there is no doubt that even documentaries contain some mind polluting noise.

And yes, black people do more than gang-bang, mass breed and commit crimes. If you're ever in the Washington, DC area, I can introduce you to at least 100 black people in one day that don't partake in any of this. I can even get a civil engineer in there for you.
    omega supreme likes this.
    07-17-15 08:51 PM
    I understand what you mean. However, I've never been stressed and I have accepted it. I still have the right to question and give an formulated opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Ok cool. Maybe "stressed" was a bad way for me to put it. And yes you certainly have that right.

You've kind of answered your own question at the end though. By definition most people don't want to be "unique" if unique means being excluded. Which.. it does if you want to run any app, have access to the latest hardware advancements, get the most 3rd party accessories support, etc. People want to feel included.

BlackBerry needs to figure out how to broaden its appeal.
    iBwizzle likes this.
    07-17-15 09:05 PM
182 123 ...