Ever since I got my z10...I have been amazed by its typing experience and the accuracy when I am blind type on it...but same as all full screen shares.. the pain when u have to go back to correct a single letter....the time wasted when u try to land ur cursor on the correct spot.. that's when I thought...what if we have a virtual track pad?... what do u guys think about it?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:06 PM
    I've thought about that too, although a great idea, I doubt we will ever see such a feature.
    05-02-13 04:19 PM
    why use a trackpad when you can just tap where you want to make a corrections.

seems like a waste
    bbmtna likes this.
    05-02-13 04:20 PM
    why use a trackpad when you can just tap where you want to make a corrections.seems like a waste
    the pain when u have to go back to correct a single letter....the time wasted when u try to land ur cursor on the correct spot..
    Yes you can tap, move the cursor one position at a time by hitting the edge of the bubble, it's ok... trackpads better.
    russworman likes this.
    05-02-13 04:27 PM
    I used a 9900 for a year without the trackpad working and I got along just as fine as I did with my previous blackberry devices.

Having the z10, I can move around anything I do and use to do, for what feels like a thousand times faster.

The z10 and bb10 have been designed to be used with only one thumb. The screen is your trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:38 PM
    With the current text bubble there is no need for a virtual track pad...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:27 PM
    why use a trackpad when you can just tap where you want to make a corrections.

seems like a waste
    No, it's not a "waste"; I love the touch interface in BB10, but I can sympathize with users who want a trackpad.

And no, I don't think it would be THAT hard to implement. There's obviously an internal interface that would be compatible, or mice wouldn't work.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all, actually. Ultimately, it would be great with haptics that would give a mild buzz when your thumb left the boundaries of the virtual pad...
    imz likes this.
    05-02-13 06:34 PM
    I think it's a good idea. Some people miss having a mouse. It wouldn't be an easy thing to implement though. It would require bb to enable widgets or something similar

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:36 PM
    As long as there's an option to turn it off, cause I don't want it

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:58 PM