Personally, I'd much rather see an HTC ONE or Samsung Galaxy style BB10 phone than a BlackBerry Android phone.

It worked for Microsoft until they acquired Nokia and ran everyone else off from making phones with their OS. Why not just do that? Except for the PKB's, I'm not the biggest fan of BlackBerry's hardware anyways. I just want to keep my damn OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:38 PM
    That assumes others would even want to build for it.
    09-29-15 07:42 PM
    If they shut down their hardware business they might. It won't be the likes of HTC or Samsung though. You'd be lucky if HTC is even around in any significant presence by then...
    09-29-15 07:43 PM
    Hardware production is not the problem......its the decreasingly useful ecosystem.
    09-29-15 07:46 PM
    That assumes others would even want to build for it.
    Lol true but Samsung will build for ANY OS at least once based off their history. HTC has always been that way too, except they have pretty much all but went under since their height in the PocketPC days.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:58 PM
    Lol true but Samsung will build for ANY OS at least once based off their history. HTC has always been that way too, except they have pretty much all but went under since their height in the PocketPC days.

Posted via CB10
    Would they try to make a phone that doesn't support instagram, snapchat, any of their samsung services, gear vr, a non-horrible facebook client, gtalk client, gmaps, or most of the popular games? That's just a partial list...
    09-29-15 08:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not always. They try, but don't always stick
    Example: Windows Phone

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:06 PM
    Would they try to make a phone that doesn't support instagram, snapchat, any of their samsung services, gear vr, a non-horrible facebook client, gtalk client, gmaps, or most of the popular games? That's just a partial list...
    Windows Phone 7 and 8. They eventually got most of the apps that matter though after they had already ran Samsung and HTC off.
    09-29-15 08:10 PM
    Windows Phone 7 and 8. They eventually got most of the apps that matter though after they had already ran Samsung and HTC off.
    The omnia 7 you're talking like 2010....The other point is that some of those phones were targeted at the super budget market, trying to undercut other platforms since WP had very low spec requirements.
    09-29-15 08:13 PM
    Not always. They try, but don't always stick
    Example: Windows Phone

Posted via CB10
    They didn't just try with Windows Phone. They were both there through Pocket PC, WP7, and WP8. They kept making Windows phones until Microsoft acquired Nokia and ran them off by trying to compete with them over their own OS. Samsung and HTC were just like **** you, you're on your own now...*******!
    09-29-15 08:14 PM
    Hardware production is not the problem......its the decreasingly useful ecosystem.
    Bingo.
    09-29-15 08:15 PM
    The omnia 7 you're talking like 2010....The other point is that some of those phones were targeted at the super budget market, trying to undercut other platforms since WP had very low spec requirements.
    Samsung BlackJack, BlackJack II, and Jack: Pocket PC
    Samsung Omnia 7, and Focus: WP7
    Samsung ATIV: WP8
    All of those phones had good specs when released.

HTC made too many Windows Mobile/Phone devices to even count.
    09-29-15 08:16 PM
    I wouldn't exactly say that. Factor in the popularity that other hardware manufactures have. Look at Windows Phone 7 and 8 for example. Lumia phones sold really well in Europe cause Nokia was huge there. Samsung phones sold better here in the US until Lumia dominated the WP market cause they were a more popular brand.

I think it would be easy to assume a Samsung phone with BB10 and decent specs would outsell it's BlackBerry made counterparts for several reasons. Brand popularity asides, BlackBerry is also known to overprice their hardware so that would likely factor in too.
    09-29-15 08:25 PM
    Im not really sure how you are trying to win the argument here... The fact remains that other OEMs are unlikely to build BB10 devices for BB any time even remotely soon, if at all. All of this crap comes out of Foxconn anyways, so....
    09-29-15 08:30 PM
    Im not really sure how you are trying to win the argument here... The fact remains that other OEMs are unlikely to build BB10 devices for BB any time even remotely soon, if at all. All of this crap comes out of Foxconn anyways, so....
    I'm not trying to win anything. I am just stating the plain facts that Samsung stuck with Windows Mobile/Phone and made devices that had good specs for their times, for every Windows Mobile/Phone OS until Microsoft ran them off.

Of course it's unlikely, I don't disagree. I don't get why they wouldn't open it up to other OEM's though. Somebody would make a phone with the OS and BlackBerry wouldn't lose anything on it.
    09-29-15 08:51 PM
    Heins tried to get BB10 licensed to other manufacturers, but nobody bit.

BB10 isn't terribly appealing outside the CB echo chamber, to be honest.
    09-29-15 09:21 PM