I hope the new slider is an all touch with a clip on keyboard.
    It would be hardly any more expensive to make it that way and would get around some of the problems with sliders.
    All you need is a slip on cover with a keyboard slider at the back.
    Keyboard would need separate battery but it would be tiny and charging wise both would charge wirelessly at same time.

No wire harness between keyboard and body.
    No problem if you drop it and it breaks in two just clip the keyboard back on.
    Can be sold without keyboard, so phone can be contract and keyboard bought outright.

Sensible and I'd buy it but doubt it will be done this way......

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:47 PM
    I hope the new slider is an all touch with a clip on keyboard.
    It would be hardly any more expensive to make it that way and would get around some of the problems with sliders.
    All you need is a slip on cover with a keyboard slider at the back.
    Keyboard would need separate battery but it would be tiny and charging wise both would charge wirelessly at same time.

No wire harness between keyboard and body.
    No problem if you drop it and it breaks in two just clip the keyboard back on.
    Can be sold without keyboard, so phone can be contract and keyboard bought outright.

Sensible and I'd buy it but doubt it will be done this way......

Posted via CB10
    I can already sense the numerous small components that could wear out and break with repeated keyboard removal and attachment.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-15 02:32 PM
    On the MWC Bloomberg interview, today, John Chen suggests that the younger entry-level enterprise consumers like all-touch devices and the older enterprise customers like the physical keyboard devices. It sounds to me like this is a key part of the device strategy.
    anon(9155131) and DarkJoker33 like this.
    03-03-15 02:36 PM
    Very disappointing that BlackBerry still hasn't figured out that all touch is what the majority want. No reason to abandon the PKB market, but solely focusing on one PKB device after another without a single high end touch device is madness.

So sad. A high end device exactly like the new slider but without the keyboard would have sold very well.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    kc0003 likes this.
    03-03-15 03:59 PM
    Hi Patrick,

I would like to shed some light on your concerns. The main reason no high spec'd all touch screen phone was shown at MWC 2015, is because you want one, and Mr. John Chen does personally dislikes you.

Sincerely,
    Reformed Peevish

Posted via CB10
    too bad TH is gone...
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-03-15 04:23 PM
    Very disappointing that BlackBerry still hasn't figured out that all touch is what the majority want. No reason to abandon the PKB market, but solely focusing on one PKB device after another without a single high end touch device is madness.

So sad. A high end device exactly like the new slider but without the keyboard would have sold very well.

Isn't the slider technically an all touch though? Your not sacrificing any screen real estate, just getting the best of two world. I do hope they implement a full virtual keyboard also though. Considering my old Sony Viva Pro had the option shouldn't be too difficult.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 04:35 PM
    The camera in the z30 is fine, better when you're outdoor. The issue with that phone is the 720p screen for a 5 inch device, with 294 ppi. That's barely better than the Bold 9900 which is 4 years old!

We need a high end all touch! With full HD screen. Keep the design exactly the same and up the camera

Posted via CB10
    antikorr and moderatefello like this.
    03-03-15 05:13 PM
    I think BlackBerry is trying to create new devices with weird shapes and what; basically, what other companies never could produce. Take a look at the Passport, for instance, as everyone was blown when it was announced. The same can be said about the new slider. The design has been seen before (Torch 9800 and Torch 9810), and to make it distinct they enlarged the screen and curved it. They're being innovative with their products, trying to come up with new ideas for their smart phones.
    I am satisfied with both my Z10 and Q10 devices, so I see no need for an upgrade. My hands are fairly small, and the Z10's size is perfect for me; any larger and I would have difficulty using it (had the Samsung Galaxy Note, Nokia Lumia 1025). Specs mean little to me as long as the performance of my devices is constant and good. BBM, emails, listening to music, and browsing on the Internet is what I use my devices for. All works well for me, so I guess I won't be upgrading to the Leap or the new slider; although I have considered Passport before.
    Give it some time, let's see what the other two devices are. Also, no matter the specs, our phones work well due to the OS itself. We still need stability, consistency, and quite a few features. Hopefully those will be addressed together with the launch of new devices. Other devices (mainly those running Android OS), regardless of how many cores and how much RAM, end up lagging and filled with bloatware that isn't productive. I like how things are so far, though I have my own gripes regarding BBM as well as not having some features for the users to further customize their devices.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 and mundo472 like this.
    03-03-15 06:18 PM
    Coz even today Z30 is high end device without any doubt.
    Just lacks better camera.
    I was certain that you were being sarcastic all the up until I saw your signature and then I realized that you definitely wasn't.

The only thing about the Z30 that was ever "high end" was its price. Even on release date, it was far behind the competition when it came to hardware.
    03-03-15 07:46 PM
    I was certain that you were being sarcastic all the up until I saw your signature and then I realized that you definitely wasn't.

The only thing about the Z30 that was ever "high end" was its price. Even on release date, it was far behind the competition when it came to hardware.
    Well, it has quad-core GPU, so there's that.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-03-15 08:41 PM
    Isn't the slider technically an all touch though? Your not sacrificing any screen real estate, just getting the best of two world. I do hope they implement a full virtual keyboard also though. Considering my old Sony Viva Pro had the option shouldn't be too difficult.

Posted via CB10
    There is additional weight and thickness as a result of the slider portion. There's also the fact that you won't be able to get as sturdy a case because of the sliding component.

I think they would have been far better off releasing the same device minus the sliding keyboard or at the very least releasing a touch only version in parallel.

The numbers are very clear. People have been waiting for a replacement for the Z10 and Z30. As usual BlackBerry haven't listened and have stubbornly stays the course and come out with yet another PKB device without so much a hint of a new high end touch.

03-03-15 09:10 PM
    Ughh I'm so angry right now. I want a high end touch device - something comparable to iPhones - but instead, we get a slider.

I DON'T WANT A PKB!!! I don't like pkb and that's why there's all those pkb devices such as the passport.

Why can't BlackBerry just yank off that keyboard and sell it as an all touch. It'd sell much better.

And finally, to end my rant, why make the screen curved? What does that help with????

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad they didn't announce another "high end" touch device. Why would they invite more criticism? Even if they have a super high end touch device it will be cut down by the media and technical review sites anyways because those outlets have a mindset of if it isn't Apple or Samsung it won't be any good so BB is probably best to stick with what they know best and that means security and physical keyboards.
    03-03-15 09:37 PM
    There is additional weight and thickness as a result of the slider portion. There's also the fact that you won't be able to get as sturdy a case because of the sliding component.

I think they would have been far better off releasing the same device minus the sliding keyboard or at the very least releasing a touch only version in parallel.

The numbers are very clear. People have been waiting for a replacement for the Z10 and Z30. As usual BlackBerry haven't listened and have stubbornly stays the course and come out with yet another PKB device without so much a hint of a new high end touch.

No has even seen the device though. For all you know it could be as thin as a Z30 or thinner. I can see where you and other are coming from though. I think they only way for BlackBerry to satisfy everyone is to enable a virtual keyboard should the user not slide the device open. It's the only way to maintain the best of both worlds.

Honestly though, in a market saturated by all touch devices, BlackBerry is really not going to make any money with all touch devices. I would love a new Z30 though, don't get me wrong.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    03-03-15 10:41 PM
    well guys, our phone is built with QNX. It should be good for at least 10 years....LOL
    03-03-15 11:48 PM
    No has even seen the device though. For all you know it could be as thin as a Z30 or thinner. I can see where you and other are coming from though. I think they only way for BlackBerry to satisfy everyone is to enable a virtual keyboard should the user not slide the device open. It's the only way to maintain the best of both worlds.

Honestly though, in a market saturated by all touch devices, BlackBerry is really not going to make any money with all touch devices. I would love a new Z30 though, don't get me wrong.

Posted via CB10
    If no replacement for Z30 than at least make it easy to get them. I look after BES and end up waiting a week for Telus provider can get a Z30 for me. They keeping saying Z30s are hard to come by. Nearly everyone in our company wants all touch device.
    03-04-15 12:06 AM
    looks like we don't know any specs on that slider thing, if that will be a high end device that will make everybody happy
    you want a keyboard you got it
    you want a touch screen you got it
    you don't want the keyboard don't open it
    03-04-15 01:01 AM
    There will be a high end all touch device. Of this I am certain. We shall wait.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-04-15 01:35 AM
    well guys, our phone is built with QNX. It should be good for at least 10 years....LOL
    The playbook was built with QNX lol
    03-04-15 04:52 AM
    That's not a high end by any means, it's another Z3
    Is there much difference between the Z3 and the new Leap?
    03-04-15 05:14 AM
    The Leap is a Z10 in a different body and with a larger battery. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:23 AM
    Ughh I'm so angry right now. I want a high end touch device - something comparable to iPhones - but instead, we get a slider.

I DON'T WANT A PKB!!! I don't like pkb and that's why there's all those pkb devices such as the passport.

Why can't BlackBerry just yank off that keyboard and sell it as an all touch. It'd sell much better.

And finally, to end my rant, why make the screen curved? What does that help with????

Posted via CB10
    Take a deep breath. I find it hard to believe that they will not come out with one eventually to supersede the Z10/Z30. So it wasn't mentioned but maybe there are some things in the works. And then look at it this way, if nothing materializes and you don't like any of the phones that offer for your carrier (like VZW will offer probably nothing BB except the classic) then you will have to switch platforms. Worse things have happened. Let's not get too upset over a smartphone.

I'm with you....very disappointed but I also refuse to use a physical kb or even BE SEEN with one. So we will have to wait it out....
    03-04-15 05:38 AM
    nah. its a low-end device.
    kbz1960 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    03-04-15 05:39 AM
    I'm glad they didn't announce another "high end" touch device. Why would they invite more criticism? Even if they have a super high end touch device it will be cut down by the media and technical review sites anyways because those outlets have a mindset of if it isn't Apple or Samsung it won't be any good so BB is probably best to stick with what they know best and that means security and physical keyboards.
    yeah it's too bad BB has customers who think otherwise. Oh well, there are other platforms.....
    kbz1960, MC_A_DOT and vegetto_456 like this.
    03-04-15 05:41 AM
    Take a deep breath. I find it hard to believe that they will not come out with one eventually to supersede the Z10/Z30. So it wasn't mentioned but maybe there are some things in the works. And then look at it this way, if nothing materializes and you don't like any of the phones that offer for your carrier (like VZW will offer probably nothing BB except the classic) then you will have to switch platforms. Worse things have happened. Let's not get too upset over a smartphone.

I'm with you....very disappointed but I also refuse to use a physical kb or even BE SEEN with one. So we will have to wait it out....
    Exactly, well said. It's not the end of the world. May just be the end of bb for some.
    03-04-15 06:34 AM
    Accurate username.
    With so many Genius n Genius of Geniuses here only this post was vacant
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-15 06:54 AM
212 12345 ...