I can tell you my organization is one of those that wants cheap corp devices. And I would not be surprised if there were others like them. I'm just as disappointed as you at the lack of high end touch, but I get why Chen is not making one.
    And which company would that be?

I'm sorry but I have yet to see one company publicly state that what they want is PKB or cheap low spec devices.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-14-15 08:33 AM
    And which company would that be?

I'm sorry but I have yet to see one company publicly state that what they want is PKB or cheap low spec devices.

Has any company publicly stated that they will only use touch screens, or iPhones? You are putting too much thought into this. Chen spoke with his biggest customers, asked them what they wanted, and they told him. No press release or company names need to be disclosed.
    03-14-15 10:42 AM
    Has any company publicly stated that they will only use touch screens, or iPhones? You are putting too much thought into this. Chen spoke with his biggest customers, asked them what they wanted, and they told him. No press release or company names need to be disclosed.
    We're you there when this conversation tool place between Chen and these companies you keep referring to?

Companies don't need to say they're only going to use touch devices. Instead they're leaving BlackBerry in droves. That's the public statement that they don't want keyboards.

crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-15-15 10:14 AM
    We're you there when this conversation tool place between Chen and these companies you keep referring to?

Companies don't need to say they're only going to use touch devices. Instead they're leaving BlackBerry in droves. That's the public statement that they don't want keyboards.

No, I wasn't. But you forget that Chen's job is to do things that he thinks will make the company money. Why would he make a PKB phone if he none of his current customers wanted it?
    03-15-15 11:21 AM
    No, I wasn't. But you forget that Chen's job is to do things that he thinks will make the company money. Why would he make a PKB phone if he none of his current customers wanted it?
    Because he is simply a bean counter with no vision.

He is NOT CEO material!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 12:02 PM
    Because he is simply a bean counter with no vision.

He is NOT CEO material!

Posted via CB10
    I'd argue that he does have a vision for a SW and services based company. Sadly for us that most likely does not include HW.
    03-15-15 04:00 PM
    One will come. But it will be November at the earliest, probably next year. BB is pushing there Enterprise Software initiative at the moment. Also, with relatively nobody writing native BlackBerry apps, along with a ton of all touch devices saturating the market, BB will slow play it. I can see them cranking out an all-touch phone based on the 620 (https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/620). This SOC is an ARM carbon copy, and its said to outperform the 805 & 810, minus the the overheating and battery drainage issues! This would be good.
    04-18-15 09:33 PM
    One will come. But it will be November at the earliest, probably next year. BB is pushing there Enterprise Software initiative at the moment. Also, with relatively nobody writing native BlackBerry apps, along with a ton of all touch devices saturating the market, BB will slow play it. I can see them cranking out an all-touch phone based on the 620 (https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/620). This SOC is an ARM carbon copy, and its said to outperform the 805 & 810, minus the the overheating and battery drainage issues! This would be good.
    Ughh I'm so angry right now. I want a high end touch device - something comparable to iPhones - but instead, we get a slider.
    04-18-15 09:34 PM
    The enterprise market for secure phones does exist. Sadly, that market is very small compared to the consumer world. People on this thread are correct that for high security companies, you either Byod and succumb to the companies IT departments and the security requirements (password length, change frequency, their ability to "own what is on your device") or you get a company issued phone. Very few companies want to hand out iphone6 or s6's.

So, cheaper phones are deployed. It is a reasonable strategy.

So, with that in mind, it does not make sense for Chen to make a high end device until it could play dual duty in the consumer world. At minimum he should focus on it after stabilizing the company - which is what he is doing.

I suspect that we are mostly consumers on this board, who prefer Blackberry's OS for its openness, and ux, and just wish it had better app support
    04-19-15 09:20 AM
    I suspect that we are mostly consumers on this board, who prefer Blackberry's OS for its openness, and ux, and just wish it had better app support
    I would agree.
    04-19-15 02:53 PM
    You sure?

I heard different story's. Like John Chen's CEO buddies, wasn't it the one from Bank of Americea who said " John, we need new physical keyboard phones"

Spoke with customers, lol,customers they want different phones.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    04-20-15 02:09 AM
    I have a strong feeling that no new device is coming from BlackBerry any soon. Classic and Leap use parts they had on stock and are very similar to already existing Q10 and Z3 models. No much engineering in both, they are more like liquidation sale of old stock in new packaging. Now few variations of Passport will follow with slightly different design to compensate for initial weak sales. And that's it, end of BlackBerry's hardware story.
    04-20-15 09:40 AM
    What I want to know is what exactly high end hardware will help in.

Other than the dreaded Android port games such as Asphalt games, my Z10 performs just fine, and this is the middle-class hardware compared to Z30 or Passport

It will help the Android Runtime for sure, but I'm pretty sure that the best help Android Runtime can get is not better hardware, but better compatibility

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    04-22-15 04:58 AM

Other than the dreaded Android port games such as Asphalt games, my Z10 performs just fine, and this is the middle-class hardware compared to Z30 or Passport

It will help the Android Runtime for sure, but I'm pretty sure that the best help Android Runtime can get is not better hardware, but better compatibility

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Everything. My Z30 still has some lag when scrolling, android apps still lag etc. besides any tech I buy I get close to best out there that I can because I don't buy it every year.
    04-22-15 05:54 AM

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    It will help with everything. Especially showing that BlackBerry can still make a device that is current instead of continually releasing devices that are 12-18 months behind everyone else.

04-22-15 08:42 AM
    If a high end all touch device would be released, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an s6 edge body considering the upcoming slider's design cues.

Now a note 4 inspired BlackBerry device would be interesting, most likely not ever gonna happen but still would be interesting.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-23-15 09:04 PM
    Why dont you just go and buy an iphone? So than you will have a modern device with app Support and everything.
    04-24-15 07:46 AM
    Maybe they like their current BlackBerry but want a new updated phone and don't want what is offered by them right now? And they just might since there isn't.
    04-24-15 07:51 AM
    I'm good, no iPo for me EVER. If I ever had a good reason to fully switch to a different platform, I'd go back to my old Nexus or to a next generation Nexus device if Google continues to make em.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-24-15 10:37 AM
    No much engineering in both, they are more like liquidation sale of old stock in new packaging. Now few variations of Passport will follow with slightly different design to compensate for initial weak sales. And that's it, end of BlackBerry's hardware story.
    I agree with the first part of your statement that BB is liquidating its outdated 3 year old hardware. However, I do believe BlackBerry will make new devices down the road simply because it accounts for too much (70%) of there revenue. It won't be bleeding edge but it will be a substantial upgrade over the current stock. I am thinking - https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/620
    04-30-15 08:20 PM
    Because Blackberry can't compete in that market?
    I highly doubt an average consumer or even Blackberry target market want a high end device for doing emails and bring a high end touch device to work along with their iPhones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-15 10:08 PM
    I do believe BlackBerry will make new devices down the road simply because it accounts for too much (70%) of their revenue.
    It's actually 42% of their revenue. And falling.
    05-01-15 03:57 AM
    As long as BlackBerry will not make the world (the consumers) become aware of its very well done devices no new all touch device will help at all.

Sure, I personally would like to see a successor for my great Z30, and many other fans of BlackBerry and we all as satisfied users of Z10 and Z30 would think so, too.

But as long as no BlackBerry is present in the local stores or being presented in good manner in ads in television and print - the company will keep the declaration of being "dead" or "unknown" in the customer market for smartphones outside of the (secure) company environment.

The most sad thing is that it's the fault of BlackBerry itself. They make wonderful devices and develop great technology like BBM that had great options even years ago. But the point of security was not made known to the "average" technical enthusiasts that just want to use their smartphone without looking for all manufacturers. Look at BBM today: abo models with payment options, this annoying stickers (very foolish) - WhatsApp instead is going further and come with new (and good) features. And so on, this is just one example.

I am a very enthusiastic supporter and user of BlackBerry devices - private and also as enterprise user - since eight years. And I am also convinced about the famous technology and many smart enhanced features of BlackBerry devices. But it hurts to see how many mistakes are made since years from the Canadians in presenting and marketing.

This just had to be written.

Daniel

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 05:50 AM
    Please god hope BlackBerry will release a z10 replacement. Removable 2400 mah battery, 4.2", snapdragon 800 like passport, and 3gb of ram. Let the screen res stays 1280x720p so it will have a great battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:01 AM
    BlackBerry focuses on the enterprise, which does not require high end devices. Consumers, however, want more. Hopefully the unicorn Z50 will be introduced this fall with slider form factor, new SOC and high end specs.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:10 AM
212 ... 6789