I never stated you would have done so. Anyway, I'm not surprised you don't get the message behind my postings...
    03-10-15 03:34 PM
    I never stated you would have done so. Anyway, I'm not surprised you don't get the message behind my postings...
    Don't get me wrong using a S4 SOC in 2015 is ridiculous period but all I am saying is that it is a capable processor if optimized properly that's all. I just don't want BB10 to rely on hardware only to make it fast....that is not the way to go. I love specs and all about them but if the software can't utilize the hardware properly than that is a problem. I still don't think even the passport with the 801 processor is fully optimized yet. Otherwise give me an octa core 3gb ddr 4 ram with QHD any day of the week. However if it can't take advantage of that power than there is still more work to be done. What they need to focus big time especially piggy backing on android is improve the Android Runtime as much as possible.
    03-10-15 03:52 PM
    Cause you can get all touch anywhere BlackBerry needs to focus on the keyboard it's what makes them stand out and what will keep them alive

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you can get an all touch anywhere but we want a BlackBerry high end All-touch. Why ignore a huge part of the smart phone world. There's a reason why everyone makes an all touch phone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    cr4igora likes this.
    03-10-15 03:55 PM
    Yeah you can get an all touch anywhere but we want a BlackBerry high end All-touch. Why ignore a huge part of the smart phone world. There's a reason why everyone makes an all touch phone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    And the reason is?

Ferrari does not make sedans.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:06 PM
    And the reason is?

Posted via CB10
    What's that got to do with anything? Ferrari also doesn't make fleet vehicles for various governments and businesses either.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 05:55 PM
    Well US government buy some more Lincoln cars that nobody else buys.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:02 PM
    Well US government buy some more Lincoln cars that nobody else buys.

Posted via CB10
    That's actually a more appropriate comparison. .

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:54 PM
    And the reason is?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but Aston Martin, Porsche, and Maserati all do. What's your point?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-11-15 12:06 PM
    And the reason is?

Agree with joeldf, that doesn't make any sense

The reason is..... the majority of people prefer touch-screen whether you're talking retail or corporate users (certainly in my experience anyway). We have 110x BlackBerry 10 users and of them, only 8x users have asked for a phone with physical keys.
    menshawy likes this.
    03-13-15 05:20 AM
    Leap is cheap
    Voila!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 05:25 AM
    Leap is cheap
    Voila!
    Leap is cheap you're right, and it's a great phone to compete with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy A range and a few Lumia models. What people are asking for in this thread, is a flagship all-touch device which can compete with the best phones on the market: the iPhone 6, the Galaxy S6 Edge, the HTC One M-range for example. It needs to have a quality build and design, a fantastic display and a top-of-the-range camera etc; what's the issue with having all of that in a phone which utilises the BlackBerry 10 OS?

I know for certain that if we had all of that in a BlackBerry phone, then myself and my company wouldn't be looking at replacing our BlackBerry fleet with alternative devices.
    03-13-15 06:03 AM
    Agree with joeldf, that doesn't make any sense

The reason is..... the majority of people prefer touch-screen whether you're talking retail or corporate users (certainly in my experience anyway). We have 110x BlackBerry 10 users and of them, only 8x users have asked for a phone with physical keys.
    Yeah I remember when the STORM came out... 90% of people at our office chose it over the BOLD of that time.

Then then their was the choice between the Z10 and the Q10....
    Some want to say it was because the Z10 was discounted so much (that came later), or that the Q10 didn't have the tool bar...

QWERTY is a niche, within a niche... yes some LOVE it, but no it isnt' the popular design that people in general want. Was actually VERY surprised that the Classic and the now known as the LEAP weren't both ready at that launch of BES12. But then I'm getting the feeling that there isn't any type of pent up demand for BlackBerry devices...
    03-13-15 09:53 AM
    Yeah I remember when the STORM came out... 90% of people at our office chose it over the BOLD of that time.

Then then their was the choice between the Z10 and the Q10....
    Some want to say it was because the Z10 was discounted so much (that came later), or that the Q10 didn't have the tool bar...

QWERTY is a niche, within a niche... yes some LOVE it, but no it isnt' the popular design that people in general want. Was actually VERY surprised that the Classic and the now known as the LEAP weren't both ready at that launch of BES12. But then I'm getting the feeling that there isn't any type of pent up demand for BlackBerry devices...
    Chen is making phones his enterprise customers are telling him they want. I can imagine his large BES customers asked him for both the Classic and Leap. The Classic may be niche, but he wouldn't have made it if there wasn't demand for it from Bold holdouts. And Leap exists as an easy and cheap way to bridge people over/expose them to touch screen BlackBerry 10 models. This is not a bad strategy if you think about it. I've seen COUNTLESS examples at my own company where Bold 9900 users have opted for the Z30 and have not looked back. Offering a phone like the Leap gives Classic users a touch option to choose from. Not something us Crackberrians want or care about, but it makes sense for BB.
    03-13-15 12:47 PM
    Chen is making phones his enterprise customers are telling him they want. I can imagine his large BES customers asked him for both the Classic and Leap. The Classic may be niche, but he wouldn't have made it if there wasn't demand for it from Bold holdouts. And Leap exists as an easy and cheap way to bridge people over/expose them to touch screen BlackBerry 10 models. This is not a bad strategy if you think about it. I've seen COUNTLESS examples at my own company where Bold 9900 users have opted for the Z30 and have not looked back. Offering a phone like the Leap gives Classic users a touch option to choose from. Not something us Crackberrians want or care about, but it makes sense for BB.
    So what if these corporate types said what they want and their employees all disagree?
    03-13-15 12:50 PM
    So what if these corporate types said what they want and their employees all disagree?
    And keep wanting to know if they can get a $700 iPhone instead...

I will admit I have no idea what corporate america wants in the way of smartphones. But if Apple is correct in their claim that they now own the "business" market. Maybe, just maybe... cheap touchscreens or qwerty devices aren't want they really want? I think too many look a the success of the Curve and Bold and think that because seven or eight years ago enterprise wanted something, that today they still want the same thing.

Either way, we will find out in the next six months or so.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-13-15 02:03 PM
    And the reason is?

Posted via CB10
    But BMW and Mercedes do
    03-13-15 02:19 PM
    If an enterprise is paying for the device and monthly plan, then it is hard for the employee to really complain with what they are given. If it is a BYOD environment, then I would absolutely understand why the employee would be unhappy if the Classic and Leap were there only two choices. I would imagine Chen is making the Classic and Leap for companies like mine that have a mix of BYOD and corp issued devices. My company is also cheap. If I refuse BYOD (which I have), then my only options for a corp phone are the Classic and Z30. There is no way they would ever pay the freight on an iPhone or S6. In another thread a poster stated as fact that the iPhone and Galaxy series were the two most popular devices issued and paid by employers. This does surprise me considering they are not cheap devices.

But basically this is what Chen is doing I think... catering to his ultra cheap customers. And, he could also package the phones for a nice discount to customers that decide to go with BES. Could be another reason why he went with cheap specs.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-13-15 03:39 PM
    The high end device is called the Z30
    03-13-15 03:41 PM
    And keep wanting to know if they can get a $700 iPhone instead...

I will admit I have no idea what corporate america wants in the way of smartphones. But if Apple is correct in their claim that they now own the "business" market. Maybe, just maybe... cheap touchscreens or qwerty devices aren't want they really want? I think too many look a the success of the Curve and Bold and think that because seven or eight years ago enterprise wanted something, that today they still want the same thing.

Either way, we will find out in the next six months or so.
    Realistically, if you were an employer, and the most that your employees used their phones for were emails and phone calls, would you spend the money and give them an iPhone? I sure wouldn't. However, if there was a strong business case, and need for them to have an iPhone (ie certain apps they absolutely need only run on iOS) then that changes the conversation. But even then I would go for an older model iPhone.

Whoever these companies are that handing out fully paid iPhones to their employees, and are not crippling them, have a lot of money to spend. Must be nice.
    03-13-15 03:43 PM
    Don't open the slider. Problem solved . Assuming there is an option for a virtual keyboard too.

Posted via CB10
    This is my favorite answer. And there's actually truth to it. I guess you could also grab pliers and yank off the keyboard. Now you have a high-end touch device with no physical keyboard.
    03-13-15 03:59 PM
    Chen is making phones his enterprise customers are telling him they want. I can imagine his large BES customers asked him for both the Classic and Leap.
    Who are these enterprise customers? You "imagine" it because then it justifies the completely illogical route that BlackBerry is taking, stubbornly going down the same road as it did before ignoring the fact that people want touch devices, but hoping to arrive at a different destination. Not going to happen.

No enterprises have actually publicly stated that what they want is either a physical keyboard or a cheap touch with specs from two years ago.

Enterprise is the justification for everything that BlackBerry does. The problem is that there is absolutely no evidence that enterprise clients want those types of devices. If it was BlackBerry wouldn't be in their current predicament.

Last edited by crazigee; 03-13-15 at 05:52 PM.
    03-13-15 04:26 PM
    Who are these enterprise customers? You "imagine" it because then it justifies the completely illogical route that BlackBerry is taking, stubbornly going down the same road as it did before ignoring the fact that people want touch devices, but hoping to arrive at a different destination. Not going to happen.

No enterprises have actually publicly stated that what they want is either a physical keyboard or a cheap touch with specs from two years ago.

Enterprise is the justification for everything that BlackBerry does. The problem is that there is absolutely no evidence that enterprise clients want those types of devices. If it was BlackBerry wouldn't be in their current predicament.

I can tell you my organization is one of those that wants cheap corp devices. And I would not be surprised if there were others like them. I'm just as disappointed as you at the lack of high end touch, but I get why Chen is not making one.
    03-13-15 07:01 PM
    I thought BlackBerry learned their lesson with the 6810. It was a cool device...for awhile, but before long the "slider" got loose and flimsy, and was not very durable.
    03-13-15 10:21 PM
    Enterprise customers love 2011 hardware in new 2015 Blackberry Devices, yeah right lol

Even in 2016 Blackberry will use that damn Dual Core 1.5GHZ
    vbdwork likes this.
    03-13-15 10:40 PM
    I thought BlackBerry learned their lesson with the 6810. It was a cool device...for awhile, but before long the "slider" got loose and flimsy, and was not very durable.
    +1

There's a reason everyone stopped making sliders. Companies didn't stop making a type of device for which there was lots of demand and that selling well and bringing in profits.

As usual BlackBerry is stubbornly running down the same path and expecting to arrive at a different destination. It ludicrous.

crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-14-15 08:30 AM
212 ... 56789