With the three devices announced today, BlackBerry gave its faithful exactly what nobody was asking for.
    03-03-15 10:59 AM
    Cause you can get all touch anywhere BlackBerry needs to focus on the keyboard it's what makes them stand out and what will keep them alive

Posted via CB10
    But, I want an all touch with BlackBerry software. I can't get that just anywhere.

What makes my wishes invalid?

I don't think the physical keyboard is invalid.

Yet, I still don't want it.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:04 AM
    If BlackBerry is trying to sabotage the hardware business then they are doing a fantastic job.

If they plan to retain current customers and attract new ones to BlackBerry hardware, then they are doing a terrible job.
    03-03-15 11:07 AM
    But, I want an all touch with BlackBerry software. I can't get that just anywhere.

What makes my wishes invalid?

I don't think the physical keyboard is invalid.

Yet, I still don't want it.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you missed the other announcements at Mobile World Congress. The best bits of BlackBerry 10, such as the Hub, virtual keyboard, BlackBerry Blend, and more are going to be made available in the near future to iOS and Android customers.

So...

literally, you can buy an iPhone or an Android phone and enjoy the best parts of BlackBerry software on the device of your choice.
    03-03-15 11:11 AM
    With the three devices announced today, BlackBerry gave its faithful exactly what nobody was asking for.
    Actually, a lot of people were asking for a slider.

I'm still not sure about this "third device". Some cryptic name was spoken, but not much else. If it is this Porsche device - I'm out. I never understood why BlackBerry even bothers with such a narrow, extremely exclusive market. It's done nothing for them before other than perpetuate the idea that BlackBerry is for the obnoxiously rich. I'm not sure what to think about a company that continues to pander to that image.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Camelhmpz and NYTOC83 like this.
    03-03-15 11:15 AM
    Actually, a lot of people were asking for a slider.

I'm still not sure about this "third device". Some cryptic name was spoken, but not much else. If it is this Porsche device - I'm out. I never understood why BlackBerry even bothers with such a narrow, extremely exclusive market. It's done nothing for them before other than perpetuate the idea that BlackBerry is for the obnoxiously rich. I'm not sure what to think about a company that continues to pander to that image.

Posted via CB10
    Low effort, high profit. Besides, the target market (people with more money than sense) are among the few that still buy BlackBerry devices.
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-03-15 11:18 AM
    Coz even today Z30 is high end device without any doubt.
    Just lacks better camera.
    Z30 wasn't even high-end when it was released.
    03-03-15 11:18 AM
    Perhaps you missed the other announcements at Mobile World Congress. The best bits of BlackBerry 10, such as the Hub, virtual keyboard, BlackBerry Blend, and more are going to be made available in the near future to iOS and Android customers.

So...

literally, you can buy an iPhone or an Android phone and enjoy the best parts of BlackBerry software on the device of your choice.
    And I refuse to live in Apple's walled garden, or be subjected to Google's advertising machinery.

So there's that.

It's more than just the parts that are getting spun out to other devices.

Why is that so hard to understand.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:19 AM
    Coz even today Z30 is high end device without any doubt.
    Just lacks better camera.
    Accurate username.
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    03-03-15 11:20 AM
    You never know, they might only say X amount of devices for now, but they could just surprise people and throw in that high-end touch device many seem to want.
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    03-03-15 11:25 AM
    I'm thrilled about the slider personally. My torch 9800 was the best form factor phone ive ever used. Touchscreen keyboard for quick replies, PKB for knocking out long rants and lengthy emails. It was sturdy as all hell, survived more beating than all my previous Berries combined. Built rock solid. If this new slider is even half as tough while running bb10 with a beautiful big screen count me in!

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed, NYTOC83 and CMcRob like this.
    03-03-15 11:30 AM
    Didn't they say there will be a high-end device collaborating with Porsche Design?

So there
    It seems like everyone posting in this thread has looked this one over. They announced a high end Porsche design device to be coming out - doesn't this answer the question?
    03-03-15 11:38 AM
    Didn't they say there will be a high-end device collaborating with Porsche Design?

So there

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    Have you seen the price of those over priced Porsche designed phones? No thank you. Ridiculous.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-03-15 11:42 AM
    Dhabkirk said those are the 4 devices
    Posted via CB10
    Who's Dhabkirk?

And finally, to end my rant, why make the screen curved? What does that help with????
    Posted via CB10
    Do us a favor and don't buy any 4K curved screen TVs from Samsung either. You're right. What does that help with, Patrick?
    03-03-15 11:48 AM
    Cause you can get all touch anywhere BlackBerry needs to focus on the keyboard it's what makes them stand out and what will keep them alive

Posted via CB10
    Yes. All touch with BB10 are available everywhere.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-03-15 11:54 AM

So...

I don't want iOS or android. Perhaps WP10.
    03-03-15 11:56 AM
    It seems like everyone posting in this thread has looked this one over. They announced a high end Porsche design device to be coming out - doesn't this answer the question?
    No when its priced out of this world just because it's stupid Porsche design.
    03-03-15 11:58 AM
    everyone different. I had the passport for 4 months . A good phone but sold it and went back to my z30. A high end touch berry would be nice now that the passport and classic are out for keyboard lovers.
    03-03-15 11:58 AM
    Hi Patrick,

I would like to shed some light on your concerns. The main reason no high spec'd all touch screen phone was shown at MWC 2015, is because you want one, and Mr. John Chen does personally dislikes you.

Sincerely,
    Reformed Peevish

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Peevish; 03-03-15 at 12:28 PM.
    MTBBguy, gvs1341, kbz1960 and 9 others like this.
    03-03-15 11:59 AM
    I'll bet the carriers said "We don't need any more slabs in our lineup" and after the carrier experience with the Z30 Blackberry is listening.
    03-03-15 12:07 PM
    Don't open the slider. Problem solved . Assuming there is an option for a virtual keyboard too.

Posted via CB10
    Not problem solved...imagine if it didn't have the PKB how much better specs BlackBerry could cram in there.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:43 PM
    Not problem solved...imagine if it didn't have the PKB how much better specs BlackBerry could cram in there.

Posted via CB10
    We don't even know the specs!

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 12:46 PM
    Quoting this from another thread:

So many haters wanting a fulltouch, but don't realize that if BlackBerry wants to compete in this segment they need to match or best specs, and even then they still face the issue of: why would I buy an identical BlackBerry when I could have iOS ecosystem or the full android experience (for better or worse)
    03-03-15 12:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    As mentioned we don't even know the specs yet. Furthermore, BlackBerry have never been ones to pack the latest and greatest so don't get you hopes up too high just yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:14 PM
    As BB is no longer targeting the consumers.. I do not get all this "flagship phone" business.. as BB has been burned over and over by trying to compete with Apple and Sammy... why bother... their focus is making money and at this point Enterprise is the only game in town.... as they need to show consistent profits to be eventually sold off... cannot see Chen "wasting" money on anything directed towards consumers.... just because a handful of people "maybe a couple of thousands" clamour for the almighty flagship... it would be met with indifference in the consumer market... so why should they bother.... remember BB no longer makes phones for "US"... unless of course you are a prosumer whatever that may be....
    03-03-15 01:21 PM
212 1234 ...