I was wondering why hasn't anyone make a video like this?

Marketing is everything
    First of all: BlackBerry has a few million BB10 users and maybe 65 million legacy users. Secondly they are still selling quite a number of legacy BB devices in developing countries (and other places).

If BlackBerry starts telling "look - BB10 is so much better/faster/.... than legacy OS devices" they are indirectly telling "Legacy BB devices are worse/slower/... than BB10" and thereby ditching existing users and still in-market products.

Companies simply lack the guts to be honest and say "Hey - we are sorry. We screwed up this time, but we will make it up to you again by ....".
    It is probably related to beeing registered on the stock exchange. There are some rules about what a company may tell in public and what not. Chris can probably tell more about this.
    08-19-13 09:39 AM
    The browsing experience is a definite improvement over BB7 but when compared with iOS or Android, it is only marginally superior. The only factor which would effectively distinguish BB10 is the hub but, sadly, that isn't really enough.
    BB10 browser is superior to iOS? Hahahahahaha, that's laughable. Last night, after struggling for 10 minutes to get a car value off KBB.com's (mobile!) site, my friend did it in about 45 seconds on her iPhone.
    08-19-13 09:53 AM
    It's not my problem that BlackBerry sat on their backsides while the whole world innovated and then had to rush a new OS to market or go out of business.I forgive them nothing because the OS is new or was built in two years. It should have been built five years ago and been mature and useful now, rather than the buggy, maddening product we see before us today.

Lack of planning on BlackBerry's part doesn't constitute increased tolerance for countless errors on my part.

Somewhat surprised that you would make this argument, usually reserved for the fanboy set.

As to the video idea, I don't think companies usually show a video showing how their new product is better than the old. It sort of disparages the old. When Honda has a new Accord, they don't show a video about why the new Accord is so much better than the old Accord. Maybe they would show a video about (or mention) how the Accord is better than the competition (Camry, in this case), but sadly in BlackBerry's case, this simply isn't the case. The glitchy buggy OS10 wouldn't stand up to iOS' near flawlessness in a video demonstration, unless rigged.
    Apple does it all the time, just go look at their website...

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    08-19-13 11:27 AM
    BB10 browser is superior to iOS? Hahahahahaha, that's laughable. Last night, after struggling for 10 minutes to get a car value off KBB.com's (mobile!) site, my friend did it in about 45 seconds on her iPhone.
    KBB.com works without issue on my q10, in 10 minutes I was able to get car values for my car as well as my dads and my brothers cars....not sure what issues you were having.

also:
    "BB10 scores a perfect 149/149 on Ring 1. The latest Safari for iPhone fails nine tests on iOS 6.0. And where the iPhone scores in the high 300s on HTML5test.com, BB10 scores in the high 400s—nearly a perfect score and even better than Google Chrome on desktop." - BlackBerry 10 is Going to Have the Best Web Browser of Any Mobile Platform - Techvibes.com

BlackBerry 10 Web browser comparison: Beats iOS 6, Windows Phone 8 | BGR

Why no good videos showing Legacy OS vs BB10?-browsertest.jpg
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
    08-19-13 11:47 AM
    So...

Not trying to be an a$s...

But this thread is not to compare both OS but to get someone to do a cool vid about it. I would do it a myself if I had the equipment. But since I don't...

Marketing is everything
    08-19-13 02:37 PM
    So...

Not trying to be an a$s...

But this thread is not to compare both OS but to get someone to do a cool vid about it. I would do it a myself if I had the equipment. But since I don't...

Marketing is everything
    With all due respect, you didn't ask for a video to be maid, you were asking why a good video hadn't been made.

That being said, even without video equipment you could start this off, you could write the story line for the video.. for example the video could be split screen, and show a variety of tasks being completed on each OS, composing and sending a text, looking up a restaurant menu, sharing a picture, etc.
    08-19-13 04:21 PM
    Honestly, this is just pointless. If you want to waste your time and make a silly video comparing BB7 and BB10, by all means, go ahead. There's no point, but have fun.
    08-19-13 04:22 PM
    Honestly, this is just pointless. If you want to waste your time and make a silly video comparing BB7 and BB10, by all means, go ahead. There's no point, but have fun.
    Why is there no point?

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    08-20-13 04:32 PM
    To what end?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:47 PM
    The Bolds OS and BB10 are of course two different animals, this is why I have both.

But I do feel the BB10 could've been a bit more polished in a sense that a ton of 7.1 characteristics should've been carried over.
    Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:58 PM
    The Bolds OS and BB10 are of course two different animals, this is why I have both.

But I do feel the BB10 could've been a bit more polished in a sense that a ton of 7.1 characteristics should've been carried over.
    Posted via CB10
    As the bb10 is pretty new I'm sure we will find a lot of those options in future OS.
    After all its new.

Posted from Q10 from CB10 running 10.2.0.1323
    08-20-13 05:14 PM
    To what end?

Posted via CB10
    As I said earlier. BlackBerry OS is very different from BlackBerry 10. It might seem obvious to you but for many thousands of people. It is not. I know many people with legacy BlackBerry devices and don't even know BlackBerry 10 to be so abysmally different.

To that end. To say hey, this right here, you see? Is different

Some people need to be told that way. You can't wait for people to research about BlackBerry 10, you have to show them good.

Marketing is everything
    08-21-13 03:57 AM
    I think the 9900 would give the Q10 a run for its money.

Q10 - Access latest messages (hub)
    Swipe up from anywhere, the swipe right.

9900 - Access latest messages (all messages /bbm/email/sms etc)
    Press the side convenience key from anywhere. Will always take you to messages, BB10 will take you to last open.

9900 wins.

Q10 - Access camera
    Tap camera icon from homescreen

9900 - Access camera
    Press camera button from anywhere

9900 wins.

Q10 - Switch between apps
    Swipe up from current app, see active frames, tap app, app opens

9900 - Switch between apps
    Alt + BB key, track pad your way to desired app, from anywhere. Alt + BB & let go to switch between two recent apps quickly, very useful when copying and pasting data or comparing things, almost as good as multi window.

9900 wins.

I could carry on, may be a video would better show case the side by side comparison + speed. The Bold will absolutely destroy the Q10 when it comes to text selecting and editing.
    08-21-13 04:09 AM
    I think the 9900 would give the Q10 a run for its money.

Q10 - Access latest messages (hub)
    Swipe up from anywhere, the swipe right.

9900 - Access latest messages (all messages /bbm/email/sms etc)
    Press the side convenience key from anywhere. Will always take you to messages, BB10 will take you to last open.

9900 wins.

Q10 - Access camera
    Tap camera icon from homescreen

9900 - Access camera
    Press camera button from anywhere

9900 wins.

Q10 - Switch between apps
    Swipe up from current app, see active frames, tap app, app opens

9900 - Switch between apps
    Alt + BB key, track pad your way to desired app, from anywhere. Alt + BB & let go to switch between two recent apps quickly, very useful when copying and pasting data or comparing things, almost as good as multi window.

9900 wins.

I could carry on, may be a video would better show case the side by side comparison + speed. The Bold will absolutely destroy the Q10 when it comes to text selecting and editing.
    I completely agree with this right here.

When you throw in the keyboard shortcuts (l for calender, a for contacts, speed dialing from home screen, hotkeys, etc) then the Q10 doesn't stack up at all.

Actually, if I had access to a 9900 I would do it just to show the shortcomings of a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:46 AM
    Douken, hows the video concept coming?
    08-23-13 11:06 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:55 PM
    And then we can compare besides the faster browser and autofucus what the 9900 does better. Right?

Posted via CB Q-10
    08-23-13 02:50 PM
    Douken, hows the video concept coming?
    It would be directed towards regular people and mostly BlackBerry OS users that are not aware of BlackBerry 10 being totally different, which I believe the number just in the US must surpass 100 million people easily( this is just my guess).

Basically the problem here is that when you say BlackBerry people think, as we all know, boring phones for business people ONLY. While this might be kinda... true with legacy devices it is not for BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry is a fun house and people must know this.

I remember successfully getting an iPhone 5 user really excited with the Z10. This employee at T-Mobile insisted that BlackBerrys were exclusively for business, didn't seem interested at all in BlackBerrys, thus fending me away till I did my counter attack. You can read more about it here:

Http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8578103

Anyways, as I was saying the video must show some basic elements.

1. Show a BlackBerry OS device, which people recognize and hate. Have the guy move the cursor around in the UI so people get to remember how annoying having a BlackBerry ""is"", (""is"" cause they don't know that there's something different.)

Now show them something totally different! Something that they were supposed to see at the super bowl but never did. (cause they were busy looking at a guy with elephant legs)

At this point you can do the demonstration I did to the guy at T-Mobile which is described in the link above and bingo. You just demonstrated that the current BlackBerry is worlds apart from what it was.

Why do this? (on top of what I already explained)

Many, thousands of BlackBerry users don't even know of the Z10 or Q10 existence, much less about BlackBerry 10.

This video would help someone with a BlackBerry OS device feel the difference, identify their frustration at the start of the video and show them an alternative solution to switching to iOS or Android.

That's my thought.

Marketing is everything
    08-24-13 01:54 AM
    Someone send me a storyline...

I will shoot the video up...

Virtually any BlackBerry Legacy Devices (minus unreleased aka 9720) can be thrown into the story line. I have almost all the devices (minus cdma and a couple of gsm) to do this

And yes, BlackBerry Q10, Q5 and Z10 is welcomed.
    08-24-13 04:56 AM
    You think there are 100 million BB07 users in the US alone? One third of the entire US population?

Okay...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 08:54 AM
    I found an article about Legacy OS vs BB10

https://t.co/1gsiAcElA4

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:56 PM
    You think there are 100 million BB07 users in the US alone? One third of the entire US population?

Okay...

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say anything like that.

I meant regular people, I edited my post halfway and added BlackBerry users and that's why you read that.

Marketing is everything
    08-24-13 05:53 PM
    Someone send me a storyline...

I will shoot the video up...

And yes, BlackBerry Q10, Q5 and Z10 is welcomed.
    Http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8578103

You can be really brief about BlackBerry OS and old BlackBerry, it?s just to show people the device and old OS. Probably this showing doesn't need to last more than 15 seconds. Or if you have the old Nova 1 on it you can say, this is the most advanced game I can play in my BlackBerry... until this came out. (show phone and present it).

You can do what I did, in some sort of way.

Marketing is everything
    08-24-13 05:56 PM
48 12