my z10's battery is draining so fast . i did calibration , software reset and not a single app or bluetooth or wifi etc. is on and still its draining at a rate like 1 % per minute . please help
    Last edited by Rajat Sharma8; 01-18-15 at 12:07 AM.
    01-14-15 12:45 PM
    Mine was like that, the battery is aging. I then did a complete wipe and loaded one of the "official" 10.3.1 leaks and battery seems better, but perhaps was a memory hogging android port. Either way, look up your device monitor stats to see what the problem is.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    01-14-15 12:51 PM
    After 1,5 year with my Z10 and a lot of tries, I can finally give you the perfect and only trick I found to solve this issue...

Upgrade to Z30... 23+ hours battery on average!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:18 PM
    still its draining at a rate like 1 % per minute . please help
    Share some screenshots of your Device Monitor, battery tab, on the last 24h, so we see what's going on
    To start it, got to Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor.
    01-14-15 04:23 PM
    After 1,5 year with my Z10 and a lot of tries, I can finally give you the perfect and only trick I found to solve this issue...

Upgrade to Z30... 23+ hours battery on average!

Posted via CB10
    Yup!! Or you could get one of those z10 4500 mah extended batteries but I don't trust those extended batteries sometimes although I heard it was good

Z30 | 10.3.1.1949
    01-14-15 04:30 PM
    Sounds like your battery is at the end of its life (which is normal for batteries that have seen their fair share of use). You can buy a brand new one from shopcrackberry like I just did.

They're between 20&30 bucks, that's much cheaper than replacing the whole phone. I think they might still have a 2 for 1 deal on too.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:45 PM
    my z10's battery is draining so fast . i did calibration , software reset and not a single app or bluetooth or wifi etc. is on and still its draining at a rate like 1 % per minute . please help
    What calibration method did you use? I hope you don't use the "kill it to 0%" and then recharge it.
    That is not the way to calibrate lithium ion batteries. That method is for nicad and nickel metal hydride type batteries. The batteries in cell phones get hot when charged from completely drained and it damages them.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1949
    01-15-15 04:48 AM
    so how should i calibrate my phone?
    01-18-15 12:11 AM
    The batteries in cell phones get hot when charged from completely drained and it damages them.
    Not true. You can't completely drain a Li-Ion battery (discharge protection circuit) and it won't get damaged if charged from the lowest state (around 3.2V). During charging the electronic won't allow higher than safe charging current and therefore the cell won't overheat.

What calibration method did you use?
    No calibration needed. The phone determines the remaining charge by measuring the battery voltage only.
    Last edited by vbdwork; 01-18-15 at 02:01 AM.
    01-18-15 01:51 AM
    No calibration needed. The phone determines the remaining charge by measuring the battery voltage only.
    There is more than that It's the first step, but consumption is based on statistics data that evolve while the phone is use, so is the estimated time left.

so how should i calibrate my phone?
    Very easy :
    • Pull out the battery, let the cover out
    • Connect your phone to the wall (not the computer)
    • Switch it on and wait for the BlackBerry logo to appear
    • Disconnect it, replace the battery and the cover and start the phone
    • Done
    01-18-15 09:28 AM
    There is more than that It's the first step, but consumption is based on statistics data that evolve while the phone is use, so is the estimated time left.
    Yes, it's a software estimation based on battery voltage drop. The only model with broken % meter is STL100-1 and some people try different "calibration" methods, but it's not needed on STL100-2/3/4 models. I never had to "calibrate" the battery on any phone. When the phone starts to shutdown on different than 0-5% battery readings I just replace the battery with a new one. It fixes the issue instantly.
    01-18-15 11:21 AM
    Had something like that on my Z10 recently. Looked at the device monitor and the culprit was BBM. Did a hard reset battery pull, which did the trick. My Z10 and it's battery is about 15 months old. I already have a backup battery which I got from Amazon as part of the charger bundle which was $11.99 at the time, think it is $5 more now.

Posted via CB10 from the TARDIS
    01-18-15 11:37 AM
    If you change your behaviour, like enable Airplane mode by night, the estimated time left is screwed. You have to re-calibrate your battery. First step, delete calibration info, that's the process I wrote (and after this, the battery estimated time left will be way higher that it was before). Next step,... well, it's a learning process again.
    01-18-15 12:48 PM
    If you change your behaviour, like enable Airplane mode by night, the estimated time left is screwed. You have to re-calibrate your battery.
    You can't recalibrate the battery. You can only reset the software estimations and it's not needed, nor recommended. The number of hours left in Device Monitor mean nothing, just estimation based on average voltage drop in time. You can have average estimated 8h left and still kill the battery in 2h using GPS navigation, for example. Resetting Device Monitor data is a waste of time. Z10's battery is good for about 4.5h screen-on time doing something with about 50% CPU load, less for more intensive tasks, 12-15h usage as normal communication device. That's it. No "recalibration" magic will improve that.
    01-18-15 01:12 PM