Is anyone else experiencing periodic freezing while typing an SMS in BlackBerry Blend? It doesn't occur with emails or with BBM, strictly with SMS messages. Is there a fix that my Googl'ing has failed to reveal? Is this a well known and well documented bug?

Basic system specs:
    Quad-core AMD Athlon X4 @ 4.1GHz
    32GB of RAM
    Nothing else should matter...
    02-18-15 08:34 PM
    Yea I have experienced that too (running leaked OS on Z30)... I'm wondering if it's associated with phones running 10.3.1 OS leaks ... or if it also occurs with the Passport and Classic phones with official 10.3 releases

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:01 PM
    Yea I have experienced that too (running leaked OS on Z30)... I'm wondering if it's associated with phones running 10.3.1 OS leaks ... or if it also occurs with the Passport and Classic phones with official 10.3 releases

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to do with leaks, Blend needs an update to the desktop client in a bad way.
    02-18-15 09:07 PM
    Needs a refresh button too. When I send an email from my computer (Windows Live Mail) from the same Gmail account, hitting refresh on the device shows the mail sent right away. I couldn't find a refresh button in Blend, sent emails showed up there in 15-20min (sync set to every 30min). Call option will be great too. Can't make a phone call in Blend. I don't see anything revolutionary for now. Similar desktop software is already available from other manufacturers. I had something close from Motorola years ago; AirDroid on Google Play does same thing, even more.
    02-18-15 09:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can say that it's not the devices, or at least not in the context you're proposing it as. I had the Classic as well and it did the same thing. That said, the behavior is consistent between 1154 and 2267, so I'm thinking it might not be the phones at all, but rather the client.

Something I tried was bumping the process priority up to High. That alleviates the issues somewhat, but it still occurs. I'm wondering if it's a memory leak because it happens far less with new or shorter threads as opposed to huge threads.
    02-18-15 09:38 PM
    Always been this way.
    I'm under the impression it's because of the way the phone handles sms. Hopefully a fix in a future version. remember this is blend version 1 so I can imagine there's a lot left to do
    John Crist likes this.
    02-19-15 12:45 AM