I am always driving my truck with my Z10 plugged in with the aux cord, and then I'll see something I wanna take a video of. But then it stops the music when I hit record.... maybe I want the sound of the music to be playing in the video still. why isn't this possible? Aren't the camera and music player unrelated?

Posted via CB10
    the3mcbees likes this.
    05-14-14 10:19 AM
    When you record it is also recording sound. Maybe why?
    05-14-14 10:29 AM
    I remember that it's possible in PlayBook. The PlayBook used to record that audio too in the video.

Via SexXy Black Z10
    05-14-14 12:57 PM
    I remember that it's possible in PlayBook. The PlayBook used to record that audio too in the video.

Via SexXy Black Z10
    Exactly... so I find it weird that we can't do it on BB10

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:04 AM
    Exactly... so I find it weird that we can't do it on BB10

Posted via CB10
    Lol.......when u record a video, it is also recording the sound. how do u expect it to play music when its recording. Use common sense.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    05-15-14 02:24 AM
    Lol.......when u record a video, it is also recording the sound. how do u expect it to play music when its recording. Use common sense.

Posted via CB10
    Because a speaker and mic are completely different things?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10.
    JamBueree and kbz1960 like this.
    05-15-14 02:26 AM
    Because a speaker and mic are completely different things?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10.
    Though built so close to 1 another so there's the thread creator's answer

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 04:00 AM
    Though built so close to 1 another so there's the thread creator's answer

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't explain why I can't record video while listening to music over headphones.

Posted via CB10
    Jr1202 likes this.
    05-15-14 04:16 AM
    That's what the helmet-cam-Go Thingie is for...

Trusted Member Genius
    05-15-14 04:31 AM
    Most likely because it's copyright. You also can't record a voice note and play any audio as i think it was implemented for security reasons. Hope that helped

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 04:33 AM
    That doesn't explain why I can't record video while listening to music over headphones.

Posted via CB10
    Recording volume would have to have an entirely other set of settings whilst the playback volume & notification volume are their own also

Playback/recording require the use of media

I don't see what there is to explain

It's 2014

You can't take a picture while listening to music either

Nor can you play a video while listening to music from any app because it's media

I had a mytouch3g that played music while I recorded things & it interfered w/ the decibels & broke my speaker

Nothing to explain it's simply a precaution

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Okay **** head how about you use some common sense and realize that the PlayBook could do it, so don't tell me it's simply impossible because it's recording sound. Christ people like you are why I never ask questions in here anymore

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:38 AM
    But I do thank everyone else here who gave there opinions. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:39 AM
    Recording volume would have to have an entirely other set of settings whilst the playback volume & notification volume are their own also
    On computers, you have separate controls for volume and mic. There's no reason why that can't be the same on a smartphone, which is essentially a portable computer.

And why not? Seems implementation specific.

Nor can you play a video while listening to music from any app because it's media
    On computers, if you have multiple sources of audio, they're mixed together. There's no reason why it can't be done on smartphones.
    kbz1960 and mexicangangboss like this.
    05-15-14 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Dude, instant soundtrack, I do it with the PlayBook

#believeinfilm
    05-15-14 12:11 PM

Playback/recording require the use of media

I don't see what there is to explain

It's 2014

I had a mytouch3g that played music while I recorded things & it interfered w/ the decibels & broke my speaker

Nothing to explain it's simply a precaution

Posted via CB10
    I've had music and video playing at the same time before, however, by accident. It is possible though!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:36 PM
    On computers, you have separate controls for volume and mic. There's no reason why that can't be the same on a smartphone, which is essentially a portable computer.

And why not? Seems implementation specific.

On computers, if you have multiple sources of audio, they're mixed together. There's no reason why it can't be done on smartphones.
    Obviously, which is how I ciphered that conclusion

I didn't say there wasn't a way to adjust different volumes for different things I clearly said there are They just aren't integrated in a BlackBerry recording wise

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:59 PM
    I've had music and video playing at the same time before, however, by accident. It is possible though!

Posted via CB10
    I never said it is impossible I've had my Siriusxm apk app playing while I record videos, memos, & watch another video through the browser

The question of the thread is why can't he playback

Not is a phone capable

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:02 PM
    copyright infringement?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-15-14 01:03 PM
    copyright infringement?
    Lol, what?

#believeinfilm
    05-15-14 01:42 PM
    [QUOTE=rajbir01;10356489]Lol.......when u record a video, it is also recording the sound. how do u expect it to play music when its recording. Use common sense.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE
    My samsung galaxy tab 4 records video and my music player music and me talking. It makes some recordings better
    der_mit likes this.
    12-31-14 01:19 PM
    [QUOTE=the3mcbees;11214871]

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE
    My samsung galaxy tab 4 records video and my music player music and me talking. It makes some recordings better
    The PlayBook can do It.
    12-31-14 01:37 PM
    GT music download app allows you to play music without turning off.
    12-31-14 01:45 PM