Viewing from your angle why there isn't Nigeria on the region list and parentheses English in front of it as done to India though there's no need to make it UK English or US because this belong to language section not region list.

If not, what you've said about Nigeria could be said about all other countries that have been localized by either English or french and yet they are not native speakers.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    India, if I recall correctly, constitutionally allows for more than a dozen languages. I can see why BBRY would have regional localizations to cater to the different areas.

Nigeria doesn't need that, as the constitution recognizes one.

BlackBerry could list it, but I think it would be redundant, as the keyboard and such would match English UK perfectly.

Does Ghana have a dedicated listing?
    08-11-14 12:12 AM
    Nigeria doesn't need that, as the constitution recognizes one.

BlackBerry could list it, but I think it would be redundant, as the keyboard and such would match English UK perfectly.

Does Ghana have a dedicated listing?
    1) why BlackBerry didn't localize Nigeria with the only one constitution recognizes?

2) I know that Niger and Zimbabwe each of them has a dedicated listing

And don't forget that many countries have been localized by just English or french and asking the same for Nigeria isn't redundant.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-11-14 01:29 AM
    1) why BlackBerry didn't localize Nigeria with the only one constitution recognizes?

2) I know that Niger and Zimbabwe each of them has a dedicated listing

And don't forget that many countries have been localized by just English or french and asking the same for Nigeria isn't redundant.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    In guessing here, but I suspect the localization mostly had to do with language and keyboard. Niger is French officially, but probably does not use the AZERTY keyboard that France uses (not all Francophone countries do). If my guess is right, this explains why it's specifically localized, as a "regular" French keyboard would cause confusion.

I also looked up Zimbabwe. It has 16 official languages.
    08-11-14 01:52 AM
    OP, I think you're right.

At minimum, I believe there should be a "Nigeria (English / UK)" option.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:07 AM
    Here is a chart from IBM that might shed some light on this issue:

http://m.ibm.com/http/www-01.ibm.com...try_index.html

There are several French and English keyboards depending on region.

For the Anglophone African nations that have ONLY English as the official language, there isn't a need to list a location, since it would match UK English.

But... could BBRY have thrown a bone to its Naija faithful? Probably. I just don't think there was any ill will intended.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-11-14 02:08 AM
    [QUOTE=tjseaman;10702431]
    Interesting. The rest of the English speaking world uses the original spelling. Are you saying that US businesses believe everyone else can't spell?

Posted via CB10

No. However, if working with a US client in marketing, here are words that they'd definitely question if I had used the Canadian spelling.

Canada. United States
    abridgement. abridgment
    acknowledgementacknowledgment
    amoeba. ameba
    analyse. analyze
    anaesthesia. anesthesia
    arbour. arbor
    axe. ax
    barrelled. barreled
    behaviour. behavior
    belabour. belabor
    brunette. brunet
    calibre. caliber
    catalogue. catalog
    cancelled. canceled
    candour. candor
    centre. center
    centimetre. centimeter
    cheque. check
    colour. color
    clamour. clamor
    crystalline. crystaline
    crueller. cruelest
    crystallize. crystalize
    defence. defense
    dialogue. dialog
    aeoneon
    favour. favor
    favourite. favorite
    fervour. fervor
    fibre. fiber
    flavour. flavor
    fuelled. fueled
    fulfil. fulfill
    funnelled. funneled
    gauge. gage
    goitre. goiter
    grey. gray
    gruelling. grueling
    harbour. harbor
    honour. honor
    humour. humor
    jeweller. jeweler
    instalment. installment
    imperilled. imperiled
    kilometre. kilometer
    labour. labor
    labelled. labeled
    labour. labor
    levelled. leveled
    licence. license
    litre. liter
    louvre. louver
    lustre. luster
    macabre. macaber
    manoeuvre. maneuver
    marvellous. marvelous
    matte. matt
    medallist. medalist
    meagre. meager
    metre. meter
    millimetre. millimeter
    mitremiter
    modelled. modeled
    mould. mold
    moult. molt
    moustache. mustache
    neighbour. neighbor
    paean. pean
    paleolothic. palaeolothic
    panelled/panellingpaneled/paneling
    parlour. parlor
    practice (n) practise(v)practice (n/v)
    pummelled. pummeled
    pyjamas. pajamas
    odour. odor
    rancour. rancor
    raquetracket
    reconnoitre. reconnoiter
    saleable. salable
    savour. savor
    sceptre. scepter
    smoulder. smolder
    sombre. somber
    sulphate. sulfate
    sulphur. sulfur
    tonne. ton
    totalled. totaled
    tranquillize. tranquilize
    tumour. tumor
    traveller. traveler
    tunnelled. tunneled
    theatre. theater
    vice. vise
    valour. valor
    vapour. vapor
    vigour. vigor
    wilful. willful
    worshipped. worshiped
    queueing. queuing

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    It is not the "Canadian" spelling. It is the "whole of the English speaking world apart from the US" spelling.
    08-11-14 05:07 AM
    OP, I think you're right.

At minimum, I believe there should be a "Nigeria (English / UK)" option.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, you get the point and you didn't blindly create an unacceptable excuse for BlackBerry.

And I believe they will add Nigeria to the list of region tagged with an English.
    The one who is familiar with how tech works will know for sure that programs get updated and firmware got redefined so there is always a room for improvement.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-11-14 06:51 AM
    [QUOTE=Banco;10702772]

It is not the "Canadian" spelling. It is the "whole of the English speaking world apart from the US" spelling.
    But interestingly, a lot of the American spellings are truer to their origins than ours, much as I hate to admit it.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    08-11-14 07:09 AM
    [QUOTE=nikgilbe;10702929]

But interestingly, a lot of the American spellings are truer to their origins than ours, much as I hate to admit it.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    The aim was fantastically laudable, but the English language being what it is, it got partially ignored, leading to even greater inconsistency. It's part of the fun mind - and gives us things to tease each other about!
    08-11-14 07:18 AM
    Thanks, you get the point and you didn't blindly create an unacceptable excuse for BlackBerry.

And I believe they will add Nigeria to the list of region tagged with an English.
    The one who is familiar with how tech works will know for sure that programs get updated and firmware got redefined so there is always a room for improvement.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    I don't think anyone was "blindly" making excuses for any corporate entity LOL. Just putting forth logical explanations that I think most can understand. I figure BB devices can be used in Nigeria quite effectively as-is, but everyone is entitled to at least wanting things their way.

I encourage you to contact BBRY and make your concerns known.

Just for my own edification, I checked out WP8 and Android. WP8 doesn't make any unique entry for Nigeria; Android does. Didn't bother looking at iOS.

I don't think Android cares more about Nigerian users than BBRY, but I've been wrong before.
    08-11-14 07:28 AM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    I won't argue with that LOL. Definitely less frilly.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 08-11-14 at 09:47 AM.
    08-11-14 07:31 AM
    I don't think Android cares more about Nigerian users than BBRY, but I've been wrong before.
    Anyway it will be nice to have some substantial level of education b4 replying to comments or leave the room for someone who does. Whoever asked a question needs a right answer not just guessing or assumption. If you don't have the right info you'd better move on and don't create another argument.

I have been using ios for 6 years and there's Nigeria on the list of region format and I'm testing out this BB10 because I second like it and it's preferable to me than both wp and DROID.
    So if I asked a question about why Nigeria not there I want someone with knowledge about how things work to get involved not people with assumption and guessing.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-11-14 10:47 AM
    Anyway it will be nice to have some substantial level of education b4 replying to comments or leave the room for someone who does. Whoever asked a question needs a right answer not just guessing or assumption. If you don't have the right info you'd better move on and don't create another argument.

I have been using ios for 6 years and there's Nigeria on the list of region format and I'm testing out this BB10 because I second like it and it's preferable to me than both wp and DROID.
    So if I asked a question about why Nigeria not there I want someone with knowledge about how things work to get involved not people with assumption and guessing.

LOL. Good luck in your quest, and keep to your principles.
    08-11-14 10:55 AM
    [QUOTE=Banco;10702772]

But we don't say tyre, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:57 AM
    I don't think anyone was "blindly" making excuses for any corporate entity LOL. Just putting forth logical explanations that I think most can understand.
    Again I have posted and commented that some countries get more that 12 localizations, inclusive English, while Nigeria fails to get just one. (english)
    Some small nations have been localized on the list while a most populous nation in Africa gets ignored.
    So what else do you want me to add?

All what you were referring to is using another localization for Nigeria and you don't use the same judgment for another nation.

So if I say someone is creating excuses, that's better than saying someone is using double standard.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-11-14 10:59 AM

The aim was fantastically laudable, but the English language being what it is, it got partially ignored, leading to even greater inconsistency. It's part of the fun mind - and gives us things to tease each other about!
    Consider those of us who alternated between commonwealth countries and the US growing up. Utter confusion LOL.

My personal beef? The metric system is so much easier! Why use imperial? LOL.
    08-11-14 10:59 AM
    Damnit, I be a pirate, arrr... Why be there no pirate language maties?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 11:21 AM
    Consider those of us who alternated between commonwealth countries and the US growing up. Utter confusion LOL.

My personal beef? The metric system is so much easier! Why use imperial? LOL.
    Unfortunately when it comes to gallons it's not even as straightforward as just imperial!

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-11-14 01:13 PM
    Man, don't we have much more pressing issues? Nigerians will always act like this. FWIW, when starting up your OS for the first time, Nigeria is one of the countries there. So BBRY actually recognises Nigeria as a country. Most countries written there have either something peculiar to their language or have more than one official language. Nigeria has none of these. And I'd know. I'm a Nigerian. Does Nigeria have a peculiar date format? Or anything different from UK English? Please tell me then why they have to list all the countries in the world if some are all the same. It's about having a usable function, not having an option built for you. And stop all these "Nigeria is the most populous country" stuff. Does it mean that you would have understood if BBRY didn't put Nigeria if Nigeria was much smaller? Where is the reasoning in that? Let's move on to more important things please. We have a big phone to look up to. And no one is going to lose any sleep over Nigeria having an exclusive language option without having anything exclusive in their language.

Living a retro life fulfilling the intentions of yesterday. By tomorrow, I will be ready for today.
    08-11-14 10:23 PM
    Man, don't we have much more pressing issues?.
    I think iOS and Android aren't aware of Nigerian pressing issues so only you and BlackBerry know that pressing issues

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-12-14 01:50 AM
    I think iOS and Android aren't aware of Nigerian pressing issues so only you and BlackBerry know that pressing issues

My first BlackBerry Z10
    I have 2 direct email addresses for you to the BlackBerry Development Team:
    [email protected] and
    [email protected].
    Do not expect a reply.
    You will NOT get one.
    The BlackBerry Development Team reads every email sent to those addresses

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    08-12-14 01:49 PM
    I have 2 direct email addresses for you to the BlackBerry Development Team:
    [email protected] and
    [email][email protected]
    Thanks for the emails
    I will write them to report the issue and some security features I thought should be native on BIS not on BES alone like S/MIME and other useful features.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-12-14 03:17 PM

My first BlackBerry Z10
    FWIW, I meant BlackBerry issues, not Nigerian issues.

Living a retro life fulfilling the intentions of yesterday. By tomorrow, I will be ready for today.
    08-12-14 04:51 PM
    FWIW, I meant BlackBerry issues, not Nigerian issues.
    BlackBerry issues are many, updating and redefine OS, apps and firmware are one of that issues.
    Thus, what I'm asking for is one of their issues and they have developers and system designers at hands for that. There are departments for everything.

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-12-14 05:01 PM
49 12