Well, another issue to add to the pile of troubles for the phone I like so much. The speaker, to be clear NOT the speakerphone, does not work. Furthermore;

1. Wired headphones work.
    2. Bluetooth headset and headphones work.
    3. Speakerphone works.
    4. When using the phone, without headsets, bluetooth, or speak phone, people can hear me speak, but I can not hear them.
    5. Have powered off, reset, changed batteries, charged, removed sim card, used different sim card, etc.
    5. SQN100-3
    6. 10.2.2984 SR

Any ideas? If i have to replace the speaker, I might as well just buy a new phone.

thank you.
    04-14-15 03:21 AM
    Have you tried in BBVE? If it's not detected on BBVE then you should change the speaker. Or, as you said, change the whole phone. If hardware isn't the problem try reload the OS. What os is it? 10.2.1? 10.3.1? If you still using 10.2 then go update to 10.3.1. But first check on BBVE first. From what you explained it's most likely hardware problem.

Posted via CB10!
    04-14-15 06:13 AM
    Happened on the Z10 we have. Wipe the phone and do a fresh OS install. That fixed it for us.

Do not restore from a backup. Fresh install all apps etc. Your PIMs will come back if you have any of the typical outlook/yahoo/gmail.

Posted Via The Classic
    04-14-15 06:25 AM
    Maybe your plug for headset still thinks there is a headset plugged in. Bad contact? I've had this issue before.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 01:10 PM
    To all, thank you for your suggestions.

I was afraid it would be wipe and install solution. I had just done that to get the Q's back to 10.2 after the terrible experience and issues faced with 10.3. As we have moved to Mac's both privately and corporately, it is just a pain to find a WinTel solution for the OS install as autoloaders won't run on an emulation program such as Parallels.
    04-14-15 07:34 PM
    I have the Sam issue with my Q. It constantly cuts out intermittently. I'm wondering if this is a common issue

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:35 PM
    I have the Sam issue with my Q. It constantly cuts out intermittently. I'm wondering if this is a common issue

Posted via CB10
    I do not know. However, based on my experiences with my many Q's, and the experiences of friends and colleagues, the Q is problem plagued device.

In my circle of contacts I am unaware of anyone who has had an "issue free" Q. Notwithstanding, we all love the Q, and most of us plan to buy stock for spares in the coming years as it seems likely Blackberry is abandoning the Q form factor.
    04-14-15 09:24 PM
    you just described my issue. I cannot wipe my device because I forgot both of my blackberry passwords...it's ridiculous how an update kills the main feature.
    05-11-15 04:28 AM
    I'm not sure if this will help, but when ever our home computer is slow or it has glitches, my sister hits it repeatedly, then tries again, hits repeatedly, then restarts.

Maybe try this approach? :P lol JK.

Best thing would to be "hold down volume up and down keys until the phone restarts. I doubt there is anything physically wrong with the speaker unless you spilt some liquid inside.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-11-15 12:55 PM