I'm thinking this would be a great idea. With the huge advantage of being able to run apps from both Droid and BB, has Blackberry considered putting the Google App store on BB10 phones? That would eliminate the need for all these .bar files and sideloading. I wouldn't be offended even if Blackberry added a 5 cent charge on to each app. The only risk I see is pushing developers away from bothering making BB10 based apps.

Advertisements could come out touting "you love your Android, but need the world's best email Hub? We have the answer."
    07-02-13 11:30 AM
    considering we can't install apk files no this doesnt make sense
    irweezyy and bradu1 like this.
    07-02-13 11:42 AM
    considering we can't install apk files no this doesnt make sense
    kris would it be so hard to have a modified version of google play with a apk conversion script in toe ?
    07-02-13 11:53 AM
    kris would it be so hard to have a modified version of google play with a apk conversion script in toe ?
    If you want to constantly slow your device to install a app, and constantly have the threat of malware sure it is

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:57 PM
    If you want to constantly slow your device to install a app, and constantly have the threat of malware sure it is

Posted via CB10
    I guess your right, I don't download many apps. mainly just mainstream ones
    07-02-13 02:30 PM
    I don't know if I like the idea....
    Technically sideloading's a developer feature anyways.
    07-02-13 05:04 PM
    I don't know if I like the idea....
    Technically sideloading's a developer feature anyways.
    sideloading is a feature for anyone who wants more apps
    07-02-13 05:59 PM
    Google app store - that's only on the android platform... by Google... why would the big G want it on a competitor's platform? They would put it on apple first anyway - one of the best Google experiences is found on an apple device ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-03-13 03:26 PM
    Google app store - that's only on the android platform... by Google... why would the big G want it on a competitor's platform? They would put it on apple first anyway - one of the best Google experiences is found on an apple device ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    Google doesn't have "Competitors" in the mobile space. All they want to do is add methods for people to access the Internet and, specifically, their services so they can generate more ad revenue.

Google never entered the smart phone race to make money from the phones themselves!!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 04:50 PM
    Oh, and to the OP: Yes, the Z10 should absolutely get the wheels in motion to become an official Google Play certified device.

But BlackBerry still needs to do more work in getting all the Android APIs and services ported to BB10 first. The player has to support native code, jelly bean, etc...

Also, using the term "Android Player" sounds like Android is sitting on top of Bb10. What people don't realize is that ALL Android phones use an "Android Player", it's called the Android Dalvik virtual machine.

Android has always run java programs on a virtual machine from day one (an Android app is a java program). How else could one app on Google Play run on so many different phones with different hardware and CPUs (with different instruction sets)?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 04:57 PM
    Geezz...get an android phone... problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    inked18 and sickmode7 like this.
    07-03-13 05:39 PM