I'm in my 30's, so I am not young and not too old. I am very tech saavy, but can someone please explain to me why Instagram is being constantly mentioned as being necessary for BB10? You take a photo with a camera, add some effects, and upload it to a website. You can then share it with Facebook, Twitter, ETC. Unless I am being dense, can't you do this with many other apps? Even the built in photo app in BB10? I currently have an Android phone and can do this with any # of apps not named Instagram.
    02-01-13 10:21 PM
    Because 100 million people use it. There are an infinite amount of people just like you who see no point in Instagram, but if people want it, BlackBerry 10 needs it to close that "app gap" reviews keep talking about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    schmeat, modern, damian27 and 1 others like this.
    02-01-13 10:26 PM
    I'm in my 30's, so I am not young and not too old. I am very tech saavy, but can someone please explain to me why Instagram is being constantly mentioned as being necessary for BB10? You take a photo with a camera, add some effects, and upload it to a website. You can then share it with Facebook, Twitter, ETC. Unless I am being dense, can't you do this with many other apps? Even the built in photo app in BB10? I currently have an Android phone and can do this with any # of apps not named Instagram.
    <<<clapping and cheering your post>>>

I've been wondering the same thing.
    jesse_h, bert106 and bungaboy like this.
    02-01-13 10:26 PM
    Because 100 million people use it. There are an infinite amount of people just like you who see no point in Instagram, but if people want it, BlackBerry 10 needs it to close that "app gap" reviews keep talking about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Bingo. Nothing really to get; Lazy pretty much nailed it. Wondering about Instagram is almost akin to "wondering" about Facebook.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=766310
    WrightWords likes this.
    02-01-13 10:29 PM
    instagram is its own social network. So while you can use the filter on many different apps, even stock bb10 and android photo apps, you still dont have the social network that instagram has. You can upload to facebook and twitter which are 2 other social networks, but they are separate from instagram.
    02-01-13 10:29 PM
    Thanks. So... I get my own Instagram "page" where my photos get uploaded to and others can see my photos there? Since Instagram is owned by Facebook, they are competing with themselves in the social network space?

How many places do I people need to store and share pictures. Jeez! I have Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Picasso, Flickr, SnapFish, PhotoBucket.... Sometimes contraction through acquisition is necessary.
    02-01-13 10:37 PM
    I don't get it either, but all the kids are using it so I guess it's "important". I have absolutely no interest in using it, and once it comes out on bb10 I'll only be downloading it so they can see that it's being downloaded.
    omega supreme and miker476 like this.
    02-01-13 10:38 PM
    Yep, a lot of folks swear by it. it also helps that popular Twitter clients (like Socialscope) support it.
    02-01-13 10:42 PM
    In all honesty, can probably sideload Instagram via a converted bar from apk. Anyone tried yet? I'll try it sometime next week
    02-01-13 10:44 PM
    I mad a comment on this in another post earlier...here is the link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=766366
    02-01-13 10:47 PM
    In all honesty, can probably sideload Instagram via a converted bar from apk. Anyone tried yet? I'll try it sometime next week
    didnt work on the playbook and i doubt it will on the z10
    02-01-13 10:50 PM
    I always thought Instagram was a tool to help you make pictures of your food, look older.
    Dugganm and BlackStormRising like this.
    02-01-13 10:51 PM
    I just checked out Instagram. Looks like they have a young API that may eventually add upload capabilities. Hopefully a developer can create "InstaBerry" or something that works with their API.
    02-01-13 10:57 PM
    Theres this cute girl I wanna get to know better who loves instagram. Therefore we NEED instagram.
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-01-13 11:13 PM
    Theres this cute girl I wanna get to know better who loves instagram. Therefore we NEED instagram.
    Couldn't you just talk to her face to face? Probably be faster
    02-01-13 11:15 PM
    Yes, I do agree it is a "lazy app". However it is the most popular app because you basically have all the functions you would want in one app for taking and uploading a foto, editing a cool effect with minimal thought and action. If BB10 does not have it, the masses won't follow, it's that simple.
    WrightWords likes this.
    02-01-13 11:52 PM
    Just make her get a BB10 so you can BBM...
    02-01-13 11:55 PM
    Just make her get a BB10 so you can BBM...
    I was being sarcastic lol, theres only 10-20 different avenues to communicate with people these days. Face to face being one of them. I always thought instagra, was pointless when theres facebook and twitter. Whatever though. If thats what people want it will be impossible to ignore.
    02-02-13 12:13 AM
    Xweb10... You win the Internet!

I'm 26 and hugely into tech, but two things I never understood were twitter and instagram.

Twitter is like Facebook but only status updates. I understand that it may be streamlined and what not... But I don't see the point at all

Instagram to kr is just foolish. Yes it is its own social network and whatever you want to makeup... But I don't get it

We want cell phones that need to have every feature in one device...but then we want apps that alienate themselves and are merely hakfbacked examples if Facebook. Twitter and instagram are both things that Facebook can do. I'm not a huge fb person... But why would I sign up for three sites when one does everything? And then. The best part is that these kids link twitter and instagram time fb so that what they are using two stand alone apps to do things that fb can only to turn around and post it on fb itslef

... What... The... Eff!!!
    KOOLWATER likes this.
    02-02-13 12:24 AM
    Been asking myself the exact same question. I don't use Instagram, I don't even know what instagram was until a couple of days ago.
    Thanks for the answer everyone!! I still don't see why people are so crazy about it.
    What boggles my mind, is how some people will NOT buy a phone if there is no Instagram on it. ARE YOU FRACKING SERIOUS?!!!!
    Yup, Instagram is a make it or break it for any smartphone company. If any smartphone company wants to be successful, they NEED to have instagram app in their store. -___-
    02-02-13 01:21 AM
    I see alot of twitter & facebook people will use twitter to twit a instagram photo link or using facebook to post instragram photos.
    Why not just post it on twitter or facebook? I don't know, Maybe its the added filter effects?
    I been thinking to myself for a while too..
    02-02-13 01:46 AM
    It's necessary because we should always aim to have all the apps other platforms do.

And more importantly, it will shut the haters up
    02-02-13 01:51 AM

And more importantly, it will shut the haters up
    False!
    Haters gonna hate!

Lol
    FranzJoseph and bmercer94 like this.
    02-02-13 01:54 AM
    Yes, I do agree it is a "lazy app". However it is the most popular app because you basically have all the functions you would want in one app for taking and uploading a foto, editing a cool effect with minimal thought and action. If BB10 does not have it, the masses won't follow, it's that simple.
    +1

I only uses my secondarypnone, a 'cheapo' android just for the hotspot capability and path/instagram...thats it

If i can get path/instagram in my BB (and my operator plan doesnt cost soooo much for the extra data plan, so i can use my BB hotspot capability)....then i simply dont need android
    02-02-13 02:04 AM
    The only person I know who uses Instagram posts their pictures on Facebook and then tells everyone to go to Instagram to look at them. I can't quite figure that one out.
    02-02-13 07:45 AM
109 123 ...