I leaked and didn't like the fact that I would have to go through so much to get the next update and lose all my apps and sync. So I decided to go back and now MY QTEN REBOOTS RANDOMLY AND IT NEVER DID THAT BEFORE EVER.. KINDA SUCKS AND ANNOYING.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:44 AM
    Don't use a leak then!
    12-06-13 11:49 AM
    Sorry to hear that, and I hope that you can resolve your particular problem.

I know random reboots are a known issue to a few Q10 users on higher builds, but I hardly think that it calls for nobody to "leak" or for those of us that do install leaked OS to stop, especially if they work well enough for us.

Unless you mean incontinence, in which case I agree as it's a very unpleasant issue to have.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:49 AM
    I'm sorry I don't mean never leak! I think the leak community is great but I leaked and now I get random reboots.. so just for anyone that has an unleaked phone don't do it just in case. Plus I don't find it even worth it. Not to many features that are going to make you want to leak.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:52 AM
    Wipe the device.

uninstall link, and remove any folders that might have the device OS files, the reinstall link.

now connect your device to link and reload the official os.

use the device for a while before doing a restore, if it works fine do the restore - if the problem appear after the restore then reload and don't restore.

If it keeps doing it, take it back to the carrier and get a new one, or......
    southlander, BB12MX and 00stryder like this.
    12-06-13 11:56 AM
    I'm sorry I don't mean never leak! I think the leak community is great but I leaked and now I get random reboots.. so just for anyone that has an unleaked phone don't do it just in case. Plus I don't find it even worth it. Not to many features that are going to make you want to leak.

Posted via CB10
    I'm wondering if you did an additional reload of your OS. From everything that I have been reading, many users do a second load of a particular OS to get it to work properly.

Good luck with your phone and getting the issues resolved.

I will continue to do leaks because the newest and latest is a fun place to be.
    toobs623 likes this.
    12-06-13 11:56 AM
    Edit, let me rephrase. What the others already said above, go with the advice. I recall your other thread were the community assisted you to firstly upgrade to the leak and in the same thread assisted you to downgrade if I not mistaken. Just can't find this right now. In future, should you ever choose to upgrade again, please do this- it will save you a lot of p�in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...utions-874802/
    11-17-2013, 07:07 PM

"As hard is it is to keep a thread clean, the main 1055 thread is littered with unanswered questions, questions that have been answered but lost in the sea of complaints, and so on...

Since this is a tips and tweaks thread, I'll have a mod help me keep the objective of this thread clear: provide clear tips, clear tweaks, and SOLUTIONS.

So the rules here are:

1 - you can ask your questions here, but make sure that you've read through the entire thread BEFORE you ask. All those assisting in this thread, please provide a link to the answer to any question, not given here. Anyone insulting someone for asking the same question will have their comment deleted and will be reported. I'm SERIOUS!

2 - If you're suffering from anxiety issues, where waiting more than an hour or so for a solution to your question, causes you to lose control of your bladder, only those talented enough at insulting a person without it APPEARING as such...kindly respond. Thank you.

3 - Please provide as much detail as humanly possible, when providing a found solution. Screen shots, bar file links, etc. help those with language barriers. Remember, only the English speak english, and pictures say the same thing in ANY language.

4 - Any comments left here that rant about how you're going back to, plan on moving to, or shouldn't have left another platform because you lack the patience to read... I know of a place that sells alphanumeric pagers AND provides service too. Moving to another platform is NOT a solution for not knowing how to read and follow instructions.

Are you having problems with reclaiming 4G and 4GLTE?? Accounts not setting up? I have your solution! Ready?

YOU NEED TO HAVE A WIFI NETWORK AVAILABLE TO YOUR PHONE!!!!

For some, it maybe as simple as this: hold the power button and shutdown your device. Remove your sim card and reboot your phone WITHOUT THE SIM CARD INSTALLED. Connect to wifi (if available) and setup your email and social accounts. Turn your phone off. Reinsert your sim card and reinstall your battery. 4G/LTE and accounts should work like normal. Do the happy dance!

If the above solution doesn't work, follow these intructions. YOU NEED TO HAVE A WIFI NETWORK AVAILABLE TO YOUR PHONE, setup will not complete without one: hold the power button down, and turn your device off. Remove your battery and remove your sim card AND your SD card. Reinstall your battery and allow the phone to power up. Have OS 10.2.1.1055's autoloader at the ready, and plug your device into your USB2 port - USB3 is NOT your friend!!! Scroll through settings, and set your device to airplane mode.
    DO NOT TURN YOUR DEVICE OFF!
    Start the autoloader, and allow the operating system for your device to complete installation. DO NOT DISCONNECT FROM USB!!
    Follow all the setup prompts. Go into Sys Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe and perform the ONLY wipe you need to perform, when installing a new OS. This is done to insure that NOTHING from the devices previous state is carried over into its current state. (There are many stubborn folks that will argue and debate over these procedures...but my phone is fully functional. Not 95% with a few errors.)
    Follow the setup prompts, establish a connection to wifi, and completely setup your phone - including accounts, app updates, BBM, contacts, pr0n, etc...
    Once you have everything to your personal liking, disconnect from USB, turn your device off, remove the battery, insert both your SD card and your SIM card, insert your battery, giggle with delight...which should turn into maniacal laughter, allow proper population of your device, and breathe a sigh of relief.

TO RESTORE OR NOT TO RESTORE...

WWMD...What Would Mecca Do? Mecca always performs a backup with Link. Not because I trust Link for all of my needs. I use it because I'm cautious. I'd rather have a corrupt backup with important data on it, such as my contacts, then to trust a cloud backup only.

But do I restore from backup...H@77 NO!!! I restore locally and from cloud, using apps. I run a business. I don't EVER count on one solution. You deserve to lose data, if you count on one solution. Stop being lazy, blindly relying on your device and its software components to lead you to the promise land. Too many times, that Promise Land is called Sheol, the Abyss, Hades, Ragnar�k, Inferno, etc.!! Are you a sheep or a shepard?

Contact X is your friend! SMS Backup is your friend! Evernote is your friend! Fire Chest Backup is your friend!!Your email accounts...meeehhh!! They work, but as many have experienced, how can they help if you can't log into them?? Download the listed apps, and never cry again. Contact X can clean up duplicate contacts. Duplicate contacts happen when you race through setting up your email and social accounts, and don't bother to disable synchronization of cloud contact updates. Duplicate calendar entries also suffer from this occurrence. So as much as many blame "this stupid phone", it's always the stupid user that didn't manually adjust accounts settings to prevent duplication errors.

What do I have against restores? Oh... sooooo many things. For one, if I've done a full backup - which takes for-freaking-ever - I have corrupt Application Data, from those poorly made apps I love to install. Restoring corrupt data is restoring a problem. Although your lazy eye isn't perceptive enough to spot an error, or the famous "I haven't had any problems yet!!", it's just a matter of time before that nail you ran over months ago, flattens your tire...hopefully NOT while your driving.

It's up to you, bottom line. You can take the route I've presented, which I call "Preventive Medication", or you can ignore and overlook, and have to perform major surgery. Which one you'd rather suffer through is totally up to you.

What other tips, tweaks, or solutions have you found?
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 11-20-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Fire Chest Backup thanks mopar_fxr"
    Last edited by mikr009876; 12-06-13 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Clarification
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-13 12:17 PM
    You can back up everything, and sounds like when you installed the official os the flash didn't work well, flash it again

I flick! Do you?
    12-06-13 12:22 PM
    Thread title tweaked to soften the tone a little. Carry on.
    00stryder, bungaboy and Youssef7 like this.
    12-06-13 12:57 PM
    If you don't have the will to troubleshoot problems, don't install a leak.

I have no problems with 10.2.1.1055 but if I did, I wouldn't give up.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-06-13 03:45 PM
    There is a small price to pay to be on the bleeding edge of OS development....

Posted from my zed10 10.2.1.xxxx
    m1kr0, LillyFox and Mic_JP like this.
    12-06-13 04:05 PM
    Well I liked leaking. I also liked rom loading on android. But it just kills me that I have to reload everything type all password back in redownload all apps. I also have my work account loaded on here from approval of my managers supervisor I work for the department of revenue. I would love to keep my leak but tempers with a lot of things. I'm in the good ol� days where I could load o's or roms all day and skip school... lol. I just wish there was a way... I read to never restore backups with leaked o's because it may cause issues..

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 10:10 PM
    The solution for your issue is simple; buy a secondary BB10 device. You really shouldn't be messing with a device that may contain sensitive information in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-06-13 11:02 PM
    Sometimes technology just isn't for certain people

Posted by a leaky CB11
    Mic_JP and m1kr0 like this.
    12-07-13 10:33 AM
    Daily drivers aren't supposed to be touched unless you have a plan b to use another spare or something

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 04:43 PM
    The problem is issues develop just as often with an "official" OTA updates as it does with Leaked installations. Problems with contacts and text messaging are VERY COMMON, and it most cases the only cure is to do a clean install. Which gets the user back to the OP issue of having to start all over.
    12-09-13 07:43 AM
    Daily drivers aren't supposed to be touched unless you have a plan b to use another spare or something

Posted via CB10
    Totally disagree with this synopsis. The phone is designed to be adjusted if you have the know how or the willingness to learn and the patience to adjust if things aren't as they should be. I have "leaked" many a time with my daily driver while on the 9800, the 9810, and now my Z10. Each individual must weigh the risk and then decide what to do. In my case, I have decided to install leaks, especially ones that members of the BerryLeaks team releases and after I have read the potential pro's and cons. I have decided to install leaks because my carrier, AT&T, does not release updates very often.

The issues people have with their phones can crop up whether a person is on a leak or on an official. Often the issues are related to an app that doesn't play nice with the new OS, or it can be a corrupted backup or even that the tech fairies decided to make one person's life miserable. The negative effects, if there are any, usually can be fixed.

So in many people's opinions, daily drivers can and should be updated.
    12-09-13 09:03 AM
    Yea I won't do it either. There just seems to be too much hit or miss with these leaks. The amount of issues I see people reporting here. The hassle it takes to get rid of some of the..if they can be resolved at all. It just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'll just keep on checking every day for the next 3 months until Verizon finally releases 10.2. )

Z10
    12-09-13 07:38 PM
    Yea I won't do it either. There just seems to be too much hit or miss with these leaks. The amount of issues I see people reporting here. The hassle it takes to get rid of some of the..if they can be resolved at all. It just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'll just keep on checking every day for the next 3 months until Verizon finally releases 10.2. )

Z10
    There's no guarantee an "official" release won't have any bugs either. Countless people had the reboot issue on the Z10 on official OSes until it was eventually solved - in a leaked build.

Also, many leaked builds are released as "official" by certain carriers that have tested and approved them. Waiting on a carrier to release an official build makes no sense because by the time they do there are usually much better/higher builds available.
    12-09-13 08:07 PM
    ... I would have to go through so much to get the next update...
    Wait, what. I have the 10.2.1.1055 leak right now. When my provider pushes a new release (higher than 1055), do i get this release via OWA ? After this i should be official again, or not ?
    12-10-13 07:44 AM
    Wait, what. I have the 10.2.1.1055 leak right now. When my provider pushes a new release (higher than 1055), do i get this release via OWA ? After this i should be official again, or not ?
    Yes, if and when your service provider pushed a higher OS than the one you have, you WILL get the update via OTA and then again be on official software.

Sent from my mind controlled Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.1829 Get off my nuts
    12-10-13 08:00 AM
    I too use to get random reboots with my Q10 device. And after reading through a few post and other sites, I determined or narrowed my issue down to a battery / fit / design issue. On my phone and probably many others, the battery does not sit snugly in the case housing. Therfore, the battery has a tendency to loose contact with the contacts. The slightess shake or jarring will cause the battery to loose contact with the connetor pins. SOLUTION = wedge a small piece of double-sided tape between the case housing and the non-contact end of the battery. This will create a super snug battery/housing fit. In turn, alleviating your random restarts. This is if, your problem a battery housing fit problem.
    12-10-13 06:25 PM
    I don't think so. You won't get official

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:13 PM
    Never had a problem. Guess I've been on the lucky side

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:48 PM