Here, I'll give you a reason why I haven't yet adopted this (apparently rather radical) upgrade. I'm a Linux user who owns no Mac or Windows products. So I can't use Blackberry Link! I am not about to adopt a platform I haven't needed to own a license for in many years in order to download Blackberry Link. But that's supposed to be the right way to back up. And 10.3.1 is a big change. So I ain't upgrading until I've found a backup solution that can work with Linux or via the cloud. Otherwise, tough potatoes for me.
    Change was the same from 10.0 to 10.1 and so on. I sort of know how you feel but I see their point as well. Developing a software like link for yet another platform is a choice frankly most companies don't make. No iTunes for linux? No windows media? Samsung Kies? Getting mad a BB for this really isn't fair, its economies of scale.

Making the choice to use linux is like making the choice to us a Mac in 1996. I love Linux don't get me wrong but thats how it is.
    02-23-15 11:06 AM
    iTunes and Windows Media come from companies who have an active reason to discourage Linux use. Apples sometimes used to take a certain effort to make sure you couldn't emulate the experience on Linux. BB is small now, but I can't help but think that when it was big, overlooking Linux was a mistake. All the Linuxy developerish people waited instead for Android which had an instant fan base of enthusiastic developers.
    02-23-15 11:14 AM
    It's the apps and settings I want most! I have paid for a few apps in the recent past that I actually depend on these days! I have heard of something called Sachesi that might be a solution, I think.
    02-23-15 11:16 AM
    what are you writing about?
    I'd rather wear some old clothes that weren't poorly made and look decent than new clothes that are poorly made and arrive out of the package with holes in them.
    Which is exactly what 10.3.1 is.
    From the Calendar to the text box, there are other threads here with a lot people who are not happy with both new and unfixed issues in this update.
    Issues that you can't solve, because they're built into the program.
    And as far as your 80's comparison, take a look at the Calendar with it's pea green button and the cluttered look of shag carpet look and you'll know what was hip in the late 60's.
    10.3.1 Calendar is Disastrous
    Tonight, I'm going to reinstall 10.2.1 even though it means that I'll have to spend almost 3 hours manually rebuilding my contact groups.. and that's because contact groups from our computer don't sync i.e. are not created onto the phone.
    I have over 500 contacts. Try scrolling through that to find contractors or vendors in geographical locations without some sort of categorization.
    Only BlackBerry has these issues.
    We've been waiting for over a year for an official update and this what we get?
    People are mad.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-23-15 at 11:45 AM.
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 11:35 AM
    Velocity: what you describe aren't bugs. These are changes your are free not to agree with or enhancements you'd like to get but that's it.
    No holes in your suit.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:51 AM
    It's the apps and settings I want most! I have paid for a few apps in the recent past that I actually depend on these days! I have heard of something called Sachesi that might be a solution, I think.
    Sorry, choppy wifi here, hopefully I took a screenshot of my answer.
    Sachesi can help too, jump into the B10 leaks section where you may find the info you need.

Why I never will update to 10.3.1-img_20150223_124909.png

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:56 AM
    There is no such thing as "HTML5 video". HTML5 is simply a way to code your page so you can play some various video formats directly without a special player.

Yes, I believe the h.264 you are talking about was for .mov compatible devices, as this is what youtube did for years so their site could be seen by idevices. They made 2 versions of every single video.....including all of their existing ones.. One in flash (standard) and the other for I-devices. Now they have (what is incorrectly referred to as) HTML5 video, which is most likely h.264 since that's the only one that plays in all HTML5 compatible browswers.
    H.264 and its antecedents are codecs. They are video compression formats that enable the use of various file compatibility and embedding in websites and existing programs. A codec is a program like Flash is a program. Flash supports SWF and several other formats. These formats are various video compression and delivery platforms. Flash is a container that requires and obtains kernel permissions above what a standard codec requires. These permissions along with the unstable memory usage are what contributed to the downfall of flash. As flash evolved the base line code became unstable and unusable so Adobe layered the code to address these issues. Java has very much the same issue. This creates length of code execution extensions and more possibility of security holes. Flash was coded for a different time when security and hardware were less demanding.

As far as usage Flash is still used by over 80% of the websites on the Internet. H.264 is used by 85% or higher of the polled websites. Flash is offered as a secondary format. H.264 is more compact, requires less system resources and is more secure (so far). Websites will continue to to offer Flash but have enabled extra security which adds to the already seriously laggy nature of Flash. The latest poll also shows 70% of the respondents estimate that Flash mobile support will cease within 18 months due to Adobes decision and resource allocation.

Flash at least in a mobile form is nearly dead and the usage will continue to accelerate towards H.264.
    02-23-15 12:04 PM
    You'll never lose your apps. They are tied to your BlackBerry ID. You can download them again for free.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-23-15 12:17 PM
    FLASH
    02-23-15 01:47 PM
    FLASH
    Get Photon Browser.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 02:12 PM
    atleast im not alone. which carrier and country ? im also having the same problem. Hotspot is not working but internet tethering works.
    From Bahrain, Zain..
    I dont think its because of that, it was work perfectly before the update.. also I already pay 40$ monthly for the service.
    I think there is somthing with the update!

Q10~
    02-23-15 02:57 PM
    Enjoy your 10.2
    Some people enjoyed the 80's too but you don't see many people running around in big hair and parachute pants, do ya?
    LOL. And what about fluorescent knit sweaters? And Day Glo t-shirts? And shoulder pads? Some people never got the memo that the 80's are over....

Anyway, I have the Z30 and I'm with Bell Canada, and I downloaded 10.3, and so far it's great!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    02-23-15 03:07 PM
    Just an interesting site about the statistics of flash

Usage Statistics of Flash for Websites, February 2015
    02-23-15 03:18 PM
    So glad i have none of the problems. flash is the past. U gotta move forward
    Same I'm pretty solid on my Z30 rocking 10.3.1.2267.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    02-23-15 03:21 PM
    If you will never update, how do you know that you personally will suffer from all of those issues you mention?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:50 PM
    If you delete apps to create enough space for the upgrade can you then reinstall using your BB ID? Thank you for your advice.

You'll never lose your apps. They are tied to your BlackBerry ID. You can download them again for free.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 09:07 PM
    Rfin16: yes, you'll be able to.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:15 PM
    1. Flash is missing
    2. Volumen in general is crap, multimedia sound on my z30 was beautiful with this update destroyed, equalizer rather than improve it worse audio
    3. Short wifi range. WTF they do that?
    4. When I'm in browser and listen to music the song is cut over and over and over and over again, is irritating
    5. Operating system change for the better in appearance but in overall functioning worsened, lag everywhere

10.2.1 system is better even 10.3.0

Posted via CB10
    Guys please tell me if some one is facing reset after restart or shut down after updating to 10.3?

I am facing this issue rest every thing if good in this OS.
    02-23-15 09:19 PM
    Guys please tell me if some one is facing reset after restart or shut down after updating to 10.3?

I am facing this issue rest every thing if good in this OS.
    This is the thread you're looking for

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=977265

Via CB Running PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 09:25 PM
    From Bahrain, Zain..
    I dont think its because of that, it was work perfectly before the update.. also I already pay 40$ monthly for the service.
    I think there is somthing with the update!

Q10~
    yes. mine was also working fine until I updated to 10.3.1. im not having all other issues that some members are crying out loud. only this.

today i flashed 10.3.1.2267 but still no luck. and also BB World driving me crazy. see screen attached. its a freshly flashed device + wiped.
    Why I never will update to 10.3.1-img_20150224_095116.png
    02-23-15 11:02 PM
    Hi,
    I can not open any youtube. It happen since i update my device to 10.3.1.
    On 10.2 was fine. It just me or is there some thing else ?
    02-23-15 11:51 PM
    [QUOTE=jaydee5799;11381392]Enjoy your 10.2
    Some people enjoyed the 80's too but you don't see many people running around in big hair and parachute pants, do ya?/QUOTE]

Sadly I do see this mostly from people who weren't even alive in the 80s.

But I have to agree the build may make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:09 AM
    yes. mine was also working fine until I updated to 10.3.1. im not having all other issues that some members are crying out loud. only this.

today i flashed 10.3.1.2267 but still no luck. and also BB World driving me crazy. see screen attached. its a freshly flashed device + wiped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150224_095116.png 
Views:	316 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	336424

I had the same problem with BlackBerry world, but after the update its work fine..
    Ugh! They should fix the hotspot asap

Q10~
    02-24-15 04:01 AM
    I had the same problem with BlackBerry world, but after the update its work fine..
    Ugh! They should fix the hotspot asap

Q10~
    Yes. Will try to contact BlackBerry help today via twitter. And this problem is also availabe in 10.3.1.19xx leak.

Sent from my GT-I9505
    02-24-15 04:03 AM
    Yes. Will try to contact BlackBerry help today via twitter. And this problem is also availabe in 10.3.1.19xx leak.

Sent from my GT-I9505
    already contacted with them, they replied after 2 days and asked me to follow them, and I was following them already.. nothing happened! They didnt follow me back so I can send DM with my problem.

Q10~
    02-24-15 08:06 AM
233 ... 678910