I've tried to install the new OS update twice and I'm getting the message "encountered a fatal error on your device, please try again". What's up with that? (not sure if this is the right thread to post this question/rant but I'm kind of panicking, please move it if necessary, thanks).
    through OTA?
    02-22-15 03:50 PM
    I've tried to install the new OS update twice and I'm getting the message "encountered a fatal error on your device, please try again". What's up with that? (not sure if this is the right thread to post this question/rant but I'm kind of panicking, please move it if necessary, thanks).
    I got that error through Link, it was also failing OTA with a different message.

I put mine down to a lack of space because after freeing up 5GB I could then install successfully OTA. However in another thread one member was still unsuccessful and resorted to a wipe and clean install.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:58 PM
    On passport hot-spot works...try reboot both volume keys long press...
    Thanks for your help, after rebooting it stops asking for new password every time but its still not working , keeps connecting forever.

Q10~
    02-22-15 05:12 PM
    I would never really update to 10.3. But if the update is available, I might consider. Lol.

Posted via CB10 10.3.1.6567.5678
    02-22-15 05:16 PM
    Exactly. I find it amazing that folks are perfectly okay with "rigging" something that worked well with 10.2.X.
    I don't believe that she said that she was happy. My understanding was that she wanted to help with an issue that was irritating someone. Perhaps you should comment in a more level headed way to that sort of person. You do understand that you're not talking to the person directly responsible for the issue you describe right?
    02-22-15 05:17 PM
    So just for clarification - without Flash are most of the videos working through BB - I have a Passport and am wondering about the You Tube app, videos in FB app, videos in News app sites like Globe and Mail, CBC, etc. Do these need Flash or not or what's the case here. Thanks.
    Youtube: no problem
    Video in FB: no problem
    Video globe and mail: negative, requires flash (mobile site)
    Video CBC: no problem

As a web developer I must say we ended flash player embed for anything mobile in mid 2014. Meaning we refreshed sites that were using it with either html5 or third party players. And we won't implement it for anything html based (started oct 2014).

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    02-22-15 05:21 PM
    Solved until BlackBerry fix the issue and then your left with damaged hearing?

Do the people with notification sound issues like myself also have Power Tools installed?

Posted via CB10
    I don't use Power Tools.
    02-22-15 05:36 PM
    I don't use Power Tools.
    That's the only app I can think of that I have installed which would effect notifications so it just be an OS problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:07 PM
    for me it was set volume master in notifications way up, then go into each app setting and bring it up as well. Seemed to reset something and the are proper volume now.
    02-22-15 06:49 PM
    for me it was set volume master in notifications way up, then go into each app setting and bring it up as well. Seemed to reset something and the are proper volume now.
    It seems to be wherever BlackBerry have introduced new settings the update hasn't applied defaults correctly.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:53 PM
    That's pretty much exactly what I've said many times - mind you've said this about BlackBerry as well.
    Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    I am not sure you actually 'meant' to say this about me.. or you missed an 'I' in there since I've been loyal to BB for years, and a source of some of their marketing materials from BB7-BB10.
    02-22-15 07:07 PM
    It seems to be wherever BlackBerry have introduced new settings the update hasn't applied defaults correctly.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I've seen this in a few places. A little while ago I had HUB++ and then PowerTools installed at different times. Seeing as these are both apps that mess with notifications I was wondering if they leave something behind in settings pref's that might get in the way of the update? In Classic BBOS where an App could really get its hooks into the OS i would have guessed this for sure but with BB10 I'm not so quick.
    02-22-15 08:14 PM
    The shorts did it all... ;-)

�   "Telstra, Telstra an der Wand, wer ist der schoenste im ganzen Land...?" Answer: Passport... (Optus got it!) ;-)   �
    02-22-15 08:18 PM
    I am not sure you actually 'meant' to say this about me.. or you missed an 'I' in there since I've been loyal to BB for years, and a source of some of their marketing materials from BB7-BB10.
    Sorry yes, I missed an I. I have said many times BlackBerry has earned their share of hate and dark karma. I mostly choose their products but I am no more loyal to BlackBerry than they are to me.

I haven't really interacted with you before and wouldn't want to presume your opinions on BlackBerry.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    SnapzGEG likes this.
    02-22-15 08:41 PM
    Enjoy your 10.2
    Some people enjoyed the 80's too but you don't see many people running around in big hair and parachute pants, do ya?
    This restores my faith in everything. If there was a fix for big hair and parachute pants, there has to be a fix for 10.3.1!
    oystersourced likes this.
    02-22-15 09:15 PM
    None of the mentioned problems for me op. I love the update! The new design is definitely snazzy
    02-22-15 11:02 PM
    Hotspot is not working after the update .. any help?
    And its not because of my carrier.

Q10~
    atleast im not alone. which carrier and country ? im also having the same problem. Hotspot is not working but internet tethering works.
    02-23-15 03:19 AM
    Jan 2013, H264 accounted for 80% of Web video, up from 66% in early 2011.

It is estimated at over 85% now.

What threshold should be used to drop mobile Flash?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    98% I didn't think I would miss Flash either until I kept running in to sites that don't work, like videos on news sites.
    It's getting tiring to constantly open FlashFox and have the crappy ads taking up screen space. The BB10 browser was great before.
    02-23-15 05:33 AM
    Flash on mobile. My oh my why does this keep coming up? When you can simply open an app store and grab a flash enabled browser, why does this matter? If you care at all about the survivle of BB as a company, then this should make you happy. BB wastes no more cash supporting a technology that the owner Adobe has already out right abandoned (in mobile anyway). If you want a flash browser, now with BB 10.3 providing faster android support, the flash browsers are running faster than ever! really, I do believe your negativity is making you miss the big picture here.

Grab a few android browsers with flash and give them a try, I bet you find one thats better than BB's was at flash.

"Move along please sir." said the mall cop.
    It's unbelievable that the issue of mobile flash continues to generate so much discussion. It takes one minute to install a flash enabled browser which solves the problem. I currently use Photon Browser on my Passport to view flash sites and it has works flawlessly.
    It seems a bit unreasonable to expect BB to waste their limited resources independently maintaining software which the developer has abandoned. You have options, people, Use them!!
    Also, I experienced the volume issue when I loaded the 10.3.1.1154 leak on my Z10 a few months ago. As someone mentioned in an earlier post, pushing the master volume up in settings solved that problem.
    02-23-15 07:35 AM
    Here, I'll give you a reason why I haven't yet adopted this (apparently rather radical) upgrade. I'm a Linux user who owns no Mac or Windows products. So I can't use Blackberry Link! I am not about to adopt a platform I haven't needed to own a license for in many years in order to download Blackberry Link. But that's supposed to be the right way to back up. And 10.3.1 is a big change. So I ain't upgrading until I've found a backup solution that can work with Linux or via the cloud. Otherwise, tough potatoes for me.
    02-23-15 09:13 AM
    Here, I'll give you a reason why I haven't yet adopted this (apparently rather radical) upgrade. I'm a Linux user who owns no Mac or Windows products. So I can't use Blackberry Link! I am not about to adopt a platform I haven't needed to own a license for in many years in order to download Blackberry Link. But that's supposed to be the right way to back up. And 10.3.1 is a big change. So I ain't upgrading until I've found a backup solution that can work with Linux or via the cloud. Otherwise, tough potatoes for me.
    Use a third party app like Ultimate Backup. It won't backup your apps and settings, but it will backup just about everything else to your SD card.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-23-15 09:24 AM
    1. Flash is missing
    2. Volumen in general is crap, multimedia sound on my z30 was beautiful with this update destroyed, equalizer rather than improve it worse audio
    3. Short wifi range. WTF they do that?
    4. When I'm in browser and listen to music the song is cut over and over and over and over again, is irritating
    5. Operating system change for the better in appearance but in overall functioning worsened, lag everywhere

10.2.1 system is better even 10.3.0

Posted via CB10
    I really do not have the same bad experience as you on my Z10 and it is phone with lesser specs. This is not to say that I do not have problems because unfortunately I do (Blackberry assistant cannot find browser). I think that I did find solution to this problem though.
    I experienced very bad battery drain right after I updated my phone but it is getting better now. I think this happens with any major update and it goes away over time. I think 10.3.1 is awesome update. As to flash. I do not care about it. Google,Apple,Microsoft does not use it for mobile devices. Blackberry has little market share and its support of it makes no difference. Adobe does not support it either anymore. So what is really point of blackberry supporting dead mobile format.
    02-23-15 09:56 AM
    I too question BlackBerry's instance that a user have access to a PC or Mac. While I'm not familiar with Android and any desktop software it has. I do know that Apple uses iTunes, but that it is possible to use an iProduct to update or backup without using a computer.

But back OT... OP eventually you'll upgrade, but yes this might not be the time for you to do it. Some of us have found we don't need Flash, but I understand that for some users it could still be very important. As for the other problems.... wait for the maintenance release.
    02-23-15 09:58 AM
    Sorry to hear it doesn't work out for you! I have sideloaded 10.3.1.1154 on my Z30 a few months ago and it works very well for me. I did not notice any of those problems you mentioned. The battery last more than a day (6:30 A.M. to 10.45 P.M. and still have 50% remain) for me with texting, calling, email and web surfing.
    02-23-15 10:23 AM
    I cheat.
    I find all the notifications that I use on the phone. I download them to my PC. I use a free program called Audacity and I adjust the volume on them...including my ringtone.
    Then I put them back in the folder where they belong.
    Problem solved.
    Interesting, so it seems [just a wild thought based on your fix] that the audio notification files created for 10.3.1 may be the culprit for low notification volume. I understand some classic ringtones were included with 10.3.1 so it's possible those "original ringtones" don't play nice with OS10 for some reason. I wonder if they were reincarnated with different audio tools or just ported over as is?
    02-23-15 10:37 AM
233 ... 56789 ...