1. Flash is missing
    2. Volumen in general is crap, multimedia sound on my z30 was beautiful with this update destroyed, equalizer rather than improve it worse audio
    > Wrong ! The sound is much better and now i use stock music player only.
    3. Short wifi range. WTF they do that?
    > Status unchanged, Nothing to do with update.
    4. When I'm in browser and listen to music the song is cut over and over and over and over again, is irritating
    5. Operating system change for the better in appearance but in overall functioning worsened, lag everywhere
    >No lagging observed.

10.2.1 system is better even 10.3.0
    > No Way.
    But BB 10 needs much better update than 10.3

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:54 AM
    What country and carrier?
    Carrier: Ufone

One correction. I installed 10.3.1.2443 with autoloader downloaded from bitcasa links. I think it was the leak as after using autoloader i also received a OTA update of 5mb but still same problem.
    02-22-15 08:56 AM
    Re the flash thing.
    If you really need it, install a flash enabled browser like flashfox.
    Sideload, snap or direct link (here's the 1mobile link if you dare it : http://www.1mobile.com/flashfox-flas...r-1008336.html )
    Problem solved.
    Let's move on folks.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:07 AM
    You asked if the BBC was serving the H.264 in a .mov wrapper and I answered 'Nope, HTML5 Video', I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.
    Because, as I said, HTML5 video isn't a video. h.264 is. Not sure what's so hard about that.

You don't have to give me a lecture on video encoding and how that differs from container formats or even markup language, I was the one who informed you of their use of H.264.
    I wasn't giving you any lecture. The only lecture seems to be coming from you. But clearly you don't understand video encoding, otherwise you'd know there is no such encode as HTML5. There is h.264 or other formats that HTML5 allow to play directly on a page without a plugin (like Flash, quicktime, etc)

The HTML5 specification may have only been finalised towards the end of last year but it's mainstream adoption has been going on for years, increasingly so by developers since XHTML2.0 was brought to an end.
    Cool, thanks for that tidbit.
    02-22-15 09:12 AM
    Carrier: Ufone

One correction. I installed 10.3.1.2443 with autoloader downloaded from bitcasa links. I think it was the leak as after using autoloader i also received a OTA update of 5mb but still same problem.
    You may have code with carrier limitations - only way to know for sure (best) is to go back to your official version and then update.
    02-22-15 09:19 AM
    Why are you telling us,do you really think we care if you don't update?

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    02-22-15 09:29 AM
    This is not BlackBerry's fault. It's Adobe's. They are the one's pulling support for mobile devices. So, BlackBerry most likely decided that it was better to have people moan about how Flash is gone than to moan that their websites don't work correctly because their old version of Flash isn't compatible.

Flash is not getting updated on mobile. For anyone. Ever. Get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:30 AM
    Uh, yea, it does. if you don't "announce it to the world"......then by definition, "you didn't announce it to the world", also known as not informing users. Wow.

I guess that when you click on the "upgrade" button you should just know that some major functions will actually "downgrade". And that it's up to you to scour the internet for "interviews" that might reveal something that you are not aware of, even though you don't even know what you're looking for.
    I think it might be bad marketing for BlackBerry to shout to the heavens multiple times that they are making the new upgrade to their already unfavored operating system worse.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    02-22-15 10:10 AM
    Because, as I said, HTML5 video isn't a video. h.264 is. Not sure what's so hard about that.

I wasn't giving you any lecture. The only lecture seems to be coming from you. But clearly you don't understand video encoding, otherwise you'd know there is no such encode as HTML5. There is h.264 or other formats that HTML5 allow to play directly on a page without a plugin (like Flash, quicktime, etc)

Cool, thanks for that tidbit.
    I've never claimed HTML5 Video was a type of video encoding, don't believe me? Read my messages again. You seem keen to argue about something your ignorant to, you hijacked the thread with misinformation, an attitude that stinks, and then prolonged the torment by pulling apart various posts that convey facts.

Posted via CB10
    Marius Swanepoel likes this.
    02-22-15 10:29 AM
    That's a much bigger market share than BB10. If your dropping everything based on adoption levels.

#justsayin

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    What does one have to do with the other. Apple has more than 12% of the market and has no flash--your comparison makes very little sense.
    02-22-15 10:37 AM
    You may have code with carrier limitations - only way to know for sure (best) is to go back to your official version and then update.
    What is strange that most of the users on same network and with Z10 didn't received their update. Dont know how i received it early. Previously update from 10.2.1.2xx to 10.2.1.3xx took few weeks before released by our carrier after official announcement.

Tonight i'll try to update my phone via BlackBerry link and will see what happens.
    02-22-15 10:53 AM
    What does one have to do with the other. Apple has more than 12% of the market and has no flash--your comparison makes very little sense.
    To save you from reading, the argument someone put is that everyone should drop Flash on everything because it's only used by 12% of the web. My response is we constitute less than 1 percent of the phone market - if abandonment is based on use percent then no apps should be built for BlackBerry.

What any of that has to do with Apple is your thing, I don't know how your trying to add that to the two items above.

02-22-15 12:35 PM
    Flash deserved to die...
    That's pretty much exactly what I've said many times - mind you've said this about BlackBerry as well.

My issue is, and has always been, with how BlackBerry has handled it. Not with the fact they wanted it to be removed.

02-22-15 12:38 PM
    Without informing users?

They made it quite obvious that flash was being removed.

It has been mentioned in interviews, just because they don't announce to the world about dropping flash doesn't mean they didn't inform users.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    Ah no, they notified developers they would be pulling AIR apps and the AIR SDK.

I'm hoping you prove me wrong on this. Afaik BlackBerry has never mumbled a word about Flash removal and even specifically refused to discuss it the 12 times or so I asked their director of development before he was fired. Instead they went "Suprisa! May gusta???". "No may gusta!!!".

Anyway I'll let it go, but I stand by my point. If they want to kill a feature being used by 12 percent of the web they should use their big boy words and notify users.

02-22-15 12:42 PM
    Changed settings... need to select a profile & then set notifications...

I would love to know about fix for low notification.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 01:14 PM
    Hotspot is not working after the update .. any help?
    And its not because of my carrier.

Q10~
    02-22-15 01:15 PM
    Html5 works well for me... I have a prior version of dolphin browser & flash which works for the times when needed... also, opera mobile && opera mini have it, firefox might, others too...
    Ah no, they notified developers they would be pulling AIR apps and the AIR SDK.

I'm hoping you prove me wrong on this. Afaik BlackBerry has never mumbled a word about Flash removal and even specifically refused to discuss it the 12 times or so I asked their director of development before he was fired. Instead they went "Suprisa! May gusta???". "No may gusta!!!".

Anyway I'll let it go, but I stand by my point. If they want to kill a feature being used by 12 percent of the web they should use their big boy words and notify users.

02-22-15 01:18 PM
    On passport hot-spot works...try reboot both volume keys long press...

Hotspot is not working after the update .. any help?
    And its not because of my carrier.

Q10~
    02-22-15 01:24 PM
    So just for clarification - without Flash are most of the videos working through BB - I have a Passport and am wondering about the You Tube app, videos in FB app, videos in News app sites like Globe and Mail, CBC, etc. Do these need Flash or not or what's the case here. Thanks.
    02-22-15 02:27 PM
    1. Flash is missing
    2. Volumen in general is crap, multimedia sound on my z30 was beautiful with this update destroyed, equalizer rather than improve it worse audio
    3. Short wifi range. WTF they do that?
    4. When I'm in browser and listen to music the song is cut over and over and over and over again, is irritating
    5. Operating system change for the better in appearance but in overall functioning worsened, lag everywhere

10.2.1 system is better even 10.3.0

Posted via CB10
    Not updating will be your loss and you might want to reconsider when you are a little less emotional about it. I have a Z30 using a clean install of 10.3.1.2267 and I have none of the issues you have noted, with the exception of #1 (which isn't a negative for me).
    02-22-15 02:30 PM
    You mean these parachute pants?

Attachment 335668

Posted via CB10
    hey... can't touch this....!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:34 PM
    So just for clarification - without Flash are most of the videos working through BB - I have a Passport and am wondering about the You Tube app, videos in FB app, videos in News app sites like Globe and Mail, CBC, etc. Do these need Flash or not or what's the case here. Thanks.
    Youtube doesn't, they actually have switched to HTML5 as the default. I tried Globe and Mail, it seems they only offer non Flash video using HTTP Live Streaming, which is iOS only.
    tg1 likes this.
    02-22-15 03:10 PM
    I've tried to install the new OS update twice and I'm getting the message "encountered a fatal error on your device, please try again". What's up with that? (not sure if this is the right thread to post this question/rant but I'm kind of panicking, please move it if necessary, thanks).
    02-22-15 03:28 PM
    Flash on mobile. My oh my why does this keep coming up? When you can simply open an app store and grab a flash enabled browser, why does this matter? If you care at all about the survivle of BB as a company, then this should make you happy. BB wastes no more cash supporting a technology that the owner Adobe has already out right abandoned (in mobile anyway). If you want a flash browser, now with BB 10.3 providing faster android support, the flash browsers are running faster than ever! really, I do believe your negativity is making you miss the big picture here.

Grab a few android browsers with flash and give them a try, I bet you find one thats better than BB's was at flash.

"Move along please sir." said the mall cop.
    Superfly_FR, civilian101 and tg1 like this.
    02-22-15 03:47 PM
    "So just for clarification - without Flash are most of the videos working through BB - I have a Passport and am wondering about the You Tube app, videos in FB app, videos in News app sites like Globe and Mail, CBC, etc. Do these need Flash or not or what's the case here. Thanks."

Most sites do not need flash. When Adobe announced they were no longer supporting Flash on mobile most big sites started switching away. Go check some out. I've always disabled flash, batter drain is sooooooo bad, and I've never noticed.
    tg1 likes this.
    02-22-15 03:49 PM
233 ... 45678 ...