Installed the leak last week runs fine,can't see why the the official release so buggy
    02-21-15 04:03 PM
    Strange how you weren't able to quote it. Perhaps you don't understand it enough to figure out which words to cut and paste.
    Wow - nice attitude right there :/ but that's part of the "plan" I guess.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:05 PM
    Add-on:
    Most news-media-provider i know use flash on their websites. I don't like to miss some news, because a tech-nerd thinks flash is obsolete.
    No, it isn't. At least, BlackBerry should provide an add-on, so that each user can decide: flash active : yes or no.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:06 PM
    Wow - nice attitude right there :/ but that's part of the "plan" I guess.

Posted via CB10
    And..........confirmed. You have no idea what you're talking about. I won't hold my breath on your pasting words that you believe support you, since you just had the opportunity and instead went to the oh-so-predictable subject change / personal attack.

Good luck.
    02-21-15 04:07 PM
    And..........confirmed. You have no idea what you're talking about. I won't hold my breath on your pasting words that you believe support you, since you just had the opportunity and instead went to the oh-so-predictable subject change / personal attack.

Good luck.
    I beg your pardon?!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:14 PM
    I beg your pardon?!

Posted via CB10
    Beg all you want. We all know how this ends...
    02-21-15 04:18 PM
    Another thread on Flash.

OP, Flash is end of life. stop hanging on to it. even adobe, the creator of flash, isnt supporting it anymore.

Its like hanging on to your old typewriter cause your laptop cannot print as you type.
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    02-21-15 04:24 PM
    Another thread on Flash.

OP, Flash is end of life. stop hanging on to it. even adobe, the creator of flash, isnt supporting it anymore.

Its like hanging on to your old typewriter cause your laptop cannot print as you type.
    The problem isn't the OP "hanging on to it", it's the thousands of web sites hanging on to it.
    02-21-15 04:28 PM
    Another thread on Flash.

You're being ridiculous. Two days ago I could watch videos on the BBC news website. They use flash. Today I cannot view news videos on the BBC news website. Your point is completely irrelevant. My browser is less functional than it was. I "hang onto it" because the BBC is still "hanging onto it" as are most news websites. Maybe you don't read or watch news, but I do.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 04:34 PM
    Growth of the internet?

How is dropping flash "growth of the internet.

I wasn't comparing any "growth of the internet" (sorry, hard to say that without laughing!!) with any American car manufacturers. I was showing an example where a company stopping making a product but the world kept using it for quite a while and those cars didn't turn into pumpkins.

I think you just got that backwards. There is a cost to drive any car......it's called "repairs". "Parts". Flash costs users nothing. Flash has always been "heavy and insecure". Did it suddenly get heavier?

Uh, what? First, Flash is far from Obsolete since it hasn't really been replaced by any concrete method when it comes to video. That's why some many sites still use it. Second, how is the browser a "pile of crap" if it will play things that so much of the internet still serves? The user, if concerned, can choose to not install Flash if they want.

You're confusing two different decisions here. Adobe makes the product and sells it. The others buy it and use it. It doesn't take any decision from any of them to "drive the internet forward", that can happen either way. No one was waiting for them to make some decision first. If something was better....and available....it would just happen. At the moment, the standards are still working themselves out.

So, I'm guessing they will do this....next week? Which day?

You keep saying "obsolete". You really need to look up that word in the dictionary before using it. And yes, my point is that that "insecure technology" that they were using for years should at least be an option for people who want to see what the internet can't give them any other way until they figure out how.

And yet hundreds of thousands of them do, including the ones you just mentioned.

And? Was there a point? Cars get recalled and yet you can get parts for them long after they stop making them.
    You may think you sound clever pulling quotes apart but your ignorance shines through. You need to take your issue up with Adobe, it is Adobe who classed Flash on mobile devices as a deprecated technology. It was Adobe who stopped fixing security holes and didn't lighten the load of the FLV wrapper. Flash was surpassed by HTML5 video years ago, it is well supported by all major browsers and has been for some time.

Flash still survives on websites which do not need to make use of Flash because companies have been unwilling to invest in a better technology. Flash can provide rich experiences that are great on desktop PC's, Flash used to stream content or provide flashy navigation menus is totally unnecessary and has no place on a mobile device (Adobe came to that conclusion, hopefully one day you will to).

I'm quite happy with my diction thank you.

Posted via CB10
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    02-21-15 04:34 PM
    % of Web video content that does not require flash:

Jan 2010: 10%
    May 2010: 26%
    Oct 2010: 54%
    Feb 2011: 63%
    Jan 2013: 80%
    Jan 2015: 85-90% (est)

I suppose it's simply a question of what the arbitrary threshold should be.

If things continue on course, we might be looking at 90-95% before the end of the year, of sites that do not require Flash.

As BlackBerry continued to cut a check every month for the licence and the developers to support it, I guess they choose a threshold they were ok with.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-21-15 04:39 PM
    You may think you sound clever pulling quotes apart but your ignorance shines through
    I'm simply responding to your long list of comments in a way that shows which one I'm responding to. Not sure how that makes me "ignorant" and I don't think you know either. I noticed you don't ever respond in kind. Gosh, I wonder why.

You need to take your issue up with Adobe, it is Adobe who classed Flash on mobile devices as a deprecated technology.

What issue? The issue that BlackBerry removed it overnight? Why would Adobe care about that?

Flash was surpassed by HTML5 video years ago, it is well supported by all major browsers and has been for some time.

2 years ago? Then why do so many major web sites still use flash for video? Why is that only a few months ago were video format standards decided for HTML5? Why is that even now not all browsers have equal support?

Flash still survives on websites which do not need to make use of Flash because companies have been unwilling to invest in a better technology.
    If only those huge corporations had more money. Or, perhaps the reason is that Flash still works on desktop browsers everywhere and web site re-builds don't happen overnight. And HTML5 video use is still brand new.

Flash can provide rich experiences that are great on desktop PC's, Flash used to stream content or provide flashy navigation menus is totally unnecessary and has no place on a mobile device (Adobe came to that conclusion, hopefully one day you will to).
    I will come to what conclusion? What makes you think I don't agree about unnecessary navigation menus? The subject is video. Video.

I'm quite happy with my diction thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Your diction? Uh, ok, thanks (???)
    02-21-15 04:52 PM
    % of Web video content that does not require flash:

Jan 2010: 10%
    May 2010: 26%
    Oct 2010: 54%
    Feb 2011: 63%
    Jan 2013: 80%
    Jan 2015: 85-90% (est)
    Source?
    02-21-15 04:53 PM
    You're being ridiculous. Two days ago I could watch videos on the BBC news website. They use flash. Today I cannot view news videos on the BBC news website. Your point is completely irrelevant. My browser is less functional than it was. I "hang onto it" because the BBC is still "hanging onto it" as are most news websites. Maybe you don't read or watch news, but I do.

Posted via CB10
    Which BBC videos are you trying to watch? Are you on the mobile site? Every video I could find played in the browser. Here is an example...

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31560166

 Posted via Z10 
    02-21-15 04:53 PM
    he wants to use the desktop mode
    02-21-15 04:58 PM
    Correct. I want to use desktop mode which worked perfectly 2 days ago. I dislike the mobile site (and most mobile sites).

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:09 PM
    I can't imagine wanting to stay on 10.2.1. I'm loving Blend and BlackBerry assistant. Android apps run so much better. Much improved custom notifications and text selection.

I guess we all have different needs and priorities

 Posted via Z10 
    ExplicitPromo and jaydee5799 like this.
    02-21-15 05:12 PM
    why not use the mobile...works just as good to me..

why you dislike mobile way?
    02-21-15 05:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you go to BBC news on an iOS device, you can watch the videos without Flash without any issue.

So BBC already supports browsers that don't have Flash. They may just need to update their site to recognize the BB10 browser and present the correct version of their site automatically. They've done this for iOS for some time now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ExplicitPromo and Eumaeus like this.
    02-21-15 05:28 PM
    using the desktop mode????^^^^^^^^
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-21-15 05:34 PM
    For me moving the slider from 1/10 to like 4/10 or 5/10 of the notification volume bar on Z10 was enough.

Dunno why is it generally quieter though.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:35 PM
    If you go to BBC news on an iOS device, you can watch the videos without Flash without any issue.

So BBC already supports browsers that don't have Flash. They just need to update their site to recognize the BB10 browser and present the version of their site automatically. They've done this for iOS for some time now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They may be serving up quicktime .mov. Just like youtube did for years in order to be seen on iOS.

It's not that they don't recognize the BB browser, it's that the browser wont play flash on the full site or the video that they're serving for iOS mobile (most likely quicktime .mov). This is the perfect example of why pulling flash support and not having an Apple logo on the device is detrimental for video options at this point in time.
    02-21-15 05:38 PM
    So extremely disappointed with the new update on my Z10. Pretty much having all the same issues like I had on my leaked 10.3.1. version. Rotation problems, some apps are more buggy, volume switch un music player are sometimes very laggy, music player, and few other things. Maybe it's just me but I find the amazon app store rather slow, wish it would be native. I was hoping that BlackBerry will solve those issues before official release. Also flash is not a deal breaker for me, but still sometimes it is a bit uncomfortable when I'm not able to play videos on several websites. Are other platforms still offering flash?
    Not a mayor issue, but still my native language is not supported, which makes it impossible to type without sounding unprofessional. Even though I'm mainly using English, some business contacts I have are from abroad. And I don't know why is it such a big problem for BB, since especially all other platforms support Latvian. I just would like to be able to use like 10 extra characters. I'm not even asking for all the interface in this language...

I have nothing against BlackBerry updating and developing the OS, but it should be tested before launch. They already took so long with this update, why they couldn't make sure it will run smoothly?

I'm planning to do my upgrade soon, however I'm not sure anymore if it will be a BlackBerry device. And I'm actually sorry to say this, because I have been a loyal and faithful customer for very, very long time.

Please don't hate me! ))))

Posted via my sexy Z10
    02-21-15 05:39 PM
    Love the new os and UI

Putin Huylo. Slava Ukraini, freedom to Ukraine!
    02-21-15 05:47 PM
    They may be serving up quicktime .mov. Just like youtube did for years in order to be seen on iOS.

It's not that they don't recognize the BB browser, it's that the browser wont play flash on the full site or the video that they're serving for iOS mobile (most likely quicktime .mov). This is the perfect example of why pulling flash support and not having an Apple logo on the device is detrimental for video options at this point in time.
    The BBC has been serving Apple devices with H.264 content for over five years, H.264 has been supported by ALL major browsers for a long time. To be fair to The BBC Desktop mode is intended for desktop flash-ready machines, however with mobile devices not locked to mobile sites then perhaps they should add more user checks.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:52 PM
233 12345 ...