I have none of those problems on my Z30. It's snappy, faster and has a more modern appearance while still having the overall Blackberry classic style. It's solved the previous WiFi problems I had.

But then again I still have my parachute pants (although I've no idea what they are! ).

Posted via CB10
    You mean these parachute pants?

Why I never will update to 10.3.1-mchammer_preview.jpg.cf.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:22 PM
    Ain't this Flash ranting never going to end *sigh*. Also - half of the internet - loooool :-D!!
    Considering the amount of content that is streamed in bits, yea, it accounts for a lot of it, as well as a lot of web sites that don't have some high end developer to change out from Flash videos. Even the major ones I've cited haven't changed since especially for streaming.

I mean with Flash being phased out by Adobe and all that , but you probably know that, right?
    Uh, yea, I do. Was there some point you were making? Chevy "phased out" the Trailblazer too, yet people are still drivng them and getting parts for them. Odd.

It has been mentioned a million times now I guess.
    Again....a point?

. And there's also the fact that Adobe Flash is just the worst when it comes to security and all that.
    "...and all that." Could be be more specific, assuming you're not just repeating catch phrases you heard somewhere else?

But who am I to think that BlackBerry actually cares about security...

Posted via CB10

Strange that they weren't at all concerned about security until YESTERDAY. Odd.

Despite the fact that you seem to be 100 percent convinced of it's importance - Flash is (almost) done ;-).
    Wait, I thought you just said that it's done because Abobe stopped making it. So.....it's not done yet? Which is it?
    02-21-15 01:32 PM
    Considering the amount of content that is streamed in bits, yea, it accounts for a lot of it, as well as a lot of web sites that don't have some high end developer to change out from Flash videos. Even the major ones I've cited haven't changed since especially for streaming.

Uh, yea, I do. Was there some point you were making? Chevy "phased out" the Trailblazer too, yet people are still drivng them and getting parts for them. Odd.

Again....a point?

"...and all that." Could be be more specific, assuming you're not just repeating catch phrases you heard somewhere else?

Wait, I thought you just said that it's done because Abobe stopped making it. So.....it's not done yet? Which is it?
    Flash is completely done on mobile. But still continuing on non mobile platforms but becoming more and more irrelevant. BlackBerry dropped air and flash because they no longer wished to pay for the licensing fees and spend money on securing it.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:40 PM
    Flash is completely done on mobile. But still continuing on non mobile platforms but becoming more and more irrelevant. BlackBerry dropped air and flash because they no longer wished to pay for the licensing fees and spend money on securing it.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the real answer.
    lift likes this.
    02-21-15 01:48 PM
    Everything works so much better with the upgrade here, only issue is the volume of things has kind of softened a little...
    02-21-15 01:50 PM
    I cheat.
    I find all the notifications that I use on the phone. I download them to my PC. I use a free program called Audacity and I adjust the volume on them...including my ringtone.
    Then I put them back in the folder where they belong.
    Problem solved.
    Simple, but great idea Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:52 PM

Again....a point?

Yeah, some people even continue to use Windows XP because they can't cope with progression. You should rather start to deal with it, shouldn't you?! I mean it has been known for a while now that this will happen eventually. You might be sad and angry, but there's still not going to be Flash support. Point being - does is really make sense to continuesly repeat the same "frack'em - they killed flash" chorus which you seem to be doing and then again - won't change anything. Feel free to do so anyhow if it make's you feel any better! Well, and if you'd read some news lately you might be aware of the several discovered exploits that forced sane users to even completely disable Flash for several days. It's all over the internetz and no I'm not just repeating catch phrases, I just would like to discourage users to use this piece of software.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:53 PM
    in six months to a year all your apps will not work properly as they will all be updated and optimized for 10.3.1. You will update. Flash is dead, its creator has put it out of it's misery, it isnt coming back and in two years, absolutely nothing will use flash anymore. html5 has replaced it and well updates will help you use the internet2.0, Http2 is rolling out now, two major browsers already use it; Firefox and Chrome, so you will be left with antiquated software, unable to enjoy the internet and all it offers.
    02-21-15 02:01 PM
    flash is dead and lag ,where
    02-21-15 02:50 PM
    Absolutely happy with 10.3.1 on my Passport! Have never looked back. Can't wait for the next leak to make it even better. Ya I said leak, which is what all are running now anyway.

Via CB Running PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-21-15 03:03 PM
    Yeah, some people even continue to use Windows XP because they can't cope with progression.
    Uh, what? What does that have to do with dropping support for a video format in wide use? And why do you think people continue to use XP because they "can't cope with progression? Perhaps they simply didn't buy a new computer yet. Nice stretch though.

You should rather start to deal with it, shouldn't you?!
    A rather strange question. What choice does anyone have?

I mean it has been known for a while now that this will happen eventually.
    What does that have to do with anything? It's not like users can force web sites they visit or use (lincluding major ones) to replace flash with some unknown non-standard video format. It's not the users who aren't upgrading here (they are being forced to) so your analogy doesn't work.

You might be sad and angry, but there's still not going to be Flash support.
    or maybe I'm not sad or angry. Maybe you are. Again, completely off the rails. Yes, we know BB isn't going to support Flash. Thanks for the update. More news at 11?

Point being - does is really make sense to continuesly repeat the same "frack'em - they killed flash" chorus which you seem to be doing and then again - won't change anything

WHAT? Again and again? You mean, here....right now.....this one time? Exaggerate much? And who said it would "change anything"? Change subjects much?

Y Feel free to do so anyhow if it make's you feel any better!
    To do what?

Well, and if you'd read some news lately you might be aware of the several discovered exploits that forced sane users to even completely disable Flash for several daysIt's all over the internetz and no I'm not just repeating catch phrases, I just would like to discourage users to use this piece of software.

Posted via CB10
    So, you're argument is that if there is any vulnerability found in any software anywhere that it should die the following week. Got it. Thanks.
    02-21-15 03:12 PM
    There's a way around that. Just install a browser that support flash. Like dolphin.
    Volume is not low. As far as my device is concerned.

Wifi range was short but was fixed on 2243 for me. No longer limited or dropped anymore.

It's actually smoother experience for me.

If you don't want to upgrade then that's you. Please don't hear people on the Internet rambling about their problems and assume that you will definitely have them too.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    02-21-15 03:17 PM
    in two years, absolutely nothing will use flash anymore.
    I absolutely guarantee that this isn't true as you can still find site that play videos in formats that came long before flash and there is nothing stopping some of the millions of web sites from continuing to display them. Not defending them, just saying your statement is absurd.

html5 has replaced it
    HTML5 is not a video format.
    02-21-15 03:18 PM
    Uh, what? What does that have to do with dropping support for a video format in wide use? And why do you think people continue to use XP because they "can't cope with progression? Perhaps they simply didn't buy a new computer yet. Nice stretch though.

A rather strange question. What choice does anyone have?

What does that have to do with anything? It's not like users can force web sites they visit or use (lincluding major ones) to replace flash with some unknown non-standard video format. It's not the users who aren't upgrading here (they are being forced to) so your analogy doesn't work.

or maybe I'm not sad or angry. Maybe you are. Again, completely off the rails. Yes, we know BB isn't going to support Flash. Thanks for the update. More news at 11?

WHAT? Again and again? You mean, here....right now.....this one time? Exaggerate much? And who said it would "change anything"? Change subjects much?

To do what?

So, you're argument is that if there is any vulnerability found in any software anywhere that it should die the following week. Got it. Thanks.
    Yez,yez - because you need a new computer for a new OS ^^ and maaaybe you are wrong about the width of Flash use nowadays...btw nobody forces you to do anything :-)! I am super calm and going into my cave now. Still smiling about "some unknown non-standard video format" though! Yeees that's EXACTLY what I meant ;-)!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:30 PM
    Jan 2013, H264 accounted for 80% of Web video, up from 66% in early 2011.

It is estimated at over 85% now.

What threshold should be used to drop mobile Flash?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-21-15 03:32 PM
    GM killed the Oldsmobile, but you still see them everywhere and can buy parts for them for the next 15 years or more. Not sure what your point is.

Except to view flash on the hundreds of thousands of web sites that use it, mostly for video, including CNN, ESPN, HBO and others you may have heard of.

Great. But why deny those mobile users the ability to view content from sites that haven't yet made this upgrade to a "standard" that didn't really have any video standard until just a months ago? Why not offer parts for the Oldmobiles for a few more years since so many are on the road?

HOW??????? By pissing off people who can't see it?

Did someone say it was a bug?

Which means that it is still alive. Thanks for proving my point.
    Why are you trying to compare the growth of the Internet with that of American car manufacturers? There is no cost to people driving around in old bangers (apart from that to the environment), while Flash is heavy and insecure. If browsers supported obsolete technology created to view media (even when they were as popular as flash once was) then they would be a pile of crap. Decisions like this taken by Adobe, Google, Apple and now BlackBerry help drive the Internet forward. What do the CEO's of CNN, ESPN and HBO do when their sites no longer function fully on their smartphone? They solve the problem.

Your point from what I can see is that Flash should be supported for as long as hundreds of thousands of sites make use of an obsolete and insecure technology. I'm not sure how any software engineer or web developer could support that view.

If Flash was a physical product (like a car) then it would have been recalled.

Posted via CB10
    I absolutely guarantee that this isn't true as you can still find site that play videos in formats that came long before flash and there is nothing stopping some of the millions of web sites from continuing to display them. Not defending them, just saying your statement is absurd.

HTML5 is not a video format.
    Absolutely. It's not a video format but Adobe Flash is. O'RLY?

Posted via CB10
    ExplicitPromo and gemoelle like this.
    1. Flash is missing
    2. Volumen in general is crap, multimedia sound on my z30 was beautiful with this update destroyed, equalizer rather than improve it worse audio
    3. Short wifi range. WTF they do that?
    4. When I'm in browser and listen to music the song is cut over and over and over and over again, is irritating
    5. Operating system change for the better in appearance but in overall functioning worsened, lag everywhere

10.2.1 system is better even 10.3.0

Posted via CB10
    I'm sticking to 10.3 . Flash as a feature is more important to me than the broken features added in 10.3.1... But yeah it was a pretty bad update to 10.3.1. Maybe they let go of too many QA people?

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Yez,yez - because you need a new computer for a new OS ^^

What?

and maaaybe you are wrong about the width of Flash use nowadays...
    and maybe you are. Was there a point?

...btw nobody forces you to do anything :-)
    Unless you upgrade your phone to an OS that doesn't have Flash.....then, um, yea, you've been forced.

I am super calm and going into my cave now.
    Cool. Me too.

Still smiling about "some unknown non-standard video format" though! Yeees that's EXACTLY what I meant ;-)!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm still smiling too since you just proved my point. If you know the standard...WHAT IS IT? HTML5 is not a video format. But, you did know that.....right? HTML5 is simply a coding method that lets video play with out a a player. But, what video? Which format? Not all browswers equally support all formats in HTML5.
    02-21-15 03:45 PM
    Absolutely. It's not a video format but Adobe Flash is. O'RLY?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you just confirmed what I said. Thanks, I guess.

.flv is the video file type (flash video) that plays in flash players. Flash is a video format. HTML5 is not. Next.
    02-21-15 03:47 PM
    HTML5 is simply a coding method that lets video play with out a a player

and adobe flash is not a coding method??????
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    02-21-15 03:56 PM
    Yes, you just confirmed what I said. Thanks, I guess.

.flv is the video file type (flash video) that plays in flash players. Flash is a video format. HTML5 is not. Next.
    Did I ^^?! Mmh...Wikipedia says otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:58 PM
    Why are you trying to compare the growth of the Internet with that of American car manufacturers?
    Growth of the internet?

How is dropping flash "growth of the internet.

I wasn't comparing any "growth of the internet" (sorry, hard to say that without laughing!!) with any American car manufacturers. I was showing an example where a company stopping making a product but the world kept using it for quite a while and those cars didn't turn into pumpkins.

There is no cost to people driving around in old bangers (apart from that to the environment), while Flash is heavy and insecure.

I think you just got that backwards. There is a cost to drive any car......it's called "repairs". "Parts". Flash costs users nothing. Flash has always been "heavy and insecure". Did it suddenly get heavier?

If browsers supported obsolete technology created to view media (even when they were as popular as flash once was) then they would be a pile of crap.

Uh, what? First, Flash is far from Obsolete since it hasn't really been replaced by any concrete method when it comes to video. That's why some many sites still use it. Second, how is the browser a "pile of crap" if it will play things that so much of the internet still serves? The user, if concerned, can choose to not install Flash if they want.

Decisions like this taken by Adobe, Google, Apple and now BlackBerry help drive the Internet forward.
    You're confusing two different decisions here. Adobe makes the product and sells it. The others buy it and use it. It doesn't take any decision from any of them to "drive the internet forward", that can happen either way. No one was waiting for them to make some decision first. If something was better....and available....it would just happen. At the moment, the standards are still working themselves out.

what do the CEO's of CNN, ESPN and HBO do when their sites no longer function fully on their smartphone? They solve the problem.
    So, I'm guessing they will do this....next week? Which day?

Your point from what I can see is that Flash should be supported for as long as hundreds of thousands of sites make use of an obsolete and insecure technology.
    You keep saying "obsolete". You really need to look up that word in the dictionary before using it. And yes, my point is that that "insecure technology" that they were using for years should at least be an option for people who want to see what the internet can't give them any other way until they figure out how.

I'm not sure how any software engineer or web developer could support that view.

And yet hundreds of thousands of them do, including the ones you just mentioned.

If Flash was a physical product (like a car) then it would have been recalled.

Posted via CB10
    And? Was there a point? Cars get recalled and yet you can get parts for them long after they stop making them.
    02-21-15 04:00 PM
    Did I ^^?! Mmh...Wikipedia says otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Strange how you weren't able to quote it. Perhaps you don't understand it enough to figure out which words to cut and paste.
    02-21-15 04:01 PM
    I cheat.
    I find all the notifications that I use on the phone. I download them to my PC. I use a free program called Audacity and I adjust the volume on them...including my ringtone.
    Then I put them back in the folder where they belong.
    Problem solved.
    Muhaha. You made my day.
    Next time, when i visit a website still using flash, i will simply buy the company and initiate a redesign of the eintire website.

Next time, my car needs a change of the engine oil, i simply buy a new car.

Face it:
    The update for 10.3.1 is crap.
    Blackberry QA sucks.
    Bug known for months won't be fixed.

If they don't fix this fast (max 5 days are acceptabe) they will loose customers.

I have a phone, but due to the update, i can't heat it ringing. Wow!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-21-15 04:03 PM
233 1234 ...