I can't believe that you still have to install an app just to do something as incredibly simple as make a gap between application icons on BlackBerry 10.

My Storm 9530, what many here consider to be the worst BlackBerry ever, could accomplish that miraculous feat straight of the box nearly 7 years ago. Of course that phone also had a massive selection of user created themes and the ability to fully use portrait and landscape orientation as needed, including on the home screens, and all apps.

BlackBerry 10's complete and utter lack of customization options is just so boring in my opinion. That is actually one of the main reasons I never owned a iOS device. I would have much rather see BlackBerry give us ways to customize our devices than have them waste precious time and resources on stupid stuff like that assistant gimmick. Hopefully the next major update.
    Carl Estes and vbdwork like this.
    02-24-15 06:26 AM
    I can't believe that you still have to install an app just to do something as incredibly simple as make a gap between application icons on BlackBerry 10.

My Storm 9530, what many here consider to be the worst BlackBerry ever, could accomplish that miraculous feat straight of the box nearly 7 years ago. Of course that phone also had a massive selection of user created themes and the ability to fully use portrait and landscape orientation as needed, including on the home screens, and all apps.

BlackBerry 10's complete and utter lack of customization options is just so boring in my opinion. That is actually one of the main reasons I never owned a iOS device. I would have much rather see BlackBerry give us ways to customize our devices than have them waste precious time and resources on stupid stuff like that assistant gimmick. Hopefully the next major update.
    Two years ago we could give BB10 a pass due to it's being so "new". Two years later and landscape isn't fully integrated? Don't get me wrong I think what we have know if MUCH better than at release, but I also expect a lot more improvements in the last two years.
    vbdwork and Witmen like this.
    02-24-15 07:30 AM
    what is productivity you mention about? can you give me example.
    So far, I guess bbry's "productivity" is just marketting word without evidence.
    One quick thing that comes to the top of my head is being able to reply to toast notifications from whatsapp/bbm/sms/ by tapping on them. I don't need to go into the IM app and leave my current app to reply.
    rick365 likes this.
    02-24-15 12:58 PM
    One quick thing that comes to the top of my head is being able to reply to toast notifications from whatsapp/bbm/sms/ by tapping on them. I don't need to go into the IM app and leave my current app to reply.
    Can be done on other systems too. :-)
    02-24-15 02:34 PM
    Can be done on other systems too. :-)
    Ahhh.. I wasn't aware of that. But now that I have more time to type...

As other's have replied, Hub and Flow. While my Android experience is limited, I've tried using iOS to do switch between emails, messaging, browser, and I hate having to hit the home button (or double tap home button) and swiping through apps to find the one I want to use. The hub is awesome, the one stop for all of my messaging needs, and when I am done, I can just swipe up to find the program I was working on.

And now also with Blend, I can get all of my messaging done without even touching my phone when I am on my computer (with the help of whatsapp).
    02-24-15 03:06 PM
    ...and when I am done, I can just swipe up to find the program I was working on
    Nothing new and very basic on BB10:

This is why i love BlackBerry-tasks-manager.jpg

And now also with Blend...
    Also nothing new and very basic on BB10:

This is why i love BlackBerry-airdroid-update-android-home.jpg

BB10 users really have to look around and see what other options are available in 2015.
    Witmen and anon8656116 like this.
    02-24-15 03:46 PM
    hmmmm.. pretty cool. also, while checking out airdroid I came across pushbullet which might also work if I were ever to switch off of BB.
    02-24-15 04:01 PM
    hmmmm.. pretty cool. also, while checking out airdroid I came across pushbullet which might also work if I were ever to switch off of BB.
    Check AirDroid, if you have a chance. Current Blend is like few years behind.
    02-24-15 04:08 PM
    yup that's the point of hub, but (for me) open the apps after tapping the notification makes me find something new in social update.
    02-26-15 07:44 PM
    in term of the application icons ,i prefer the icon on10.2.1 rather than on 10.3.1. flat icon? I don't like that, make it like a step back from BlackBerry. but overall, I do like much new features on BlackBerry OS 10.3.1. regard.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 04:33 AM
    I remember when ios went from 6 to 7 and said the icon design was going to be flat. Man they caught Alot of crap for that. In the end people for used to it.
    02-27-15 07:09 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tasks Manager.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	336617

BB10 users really have to look around and see what other options are available in 2015.
    and no limit
    03-10-15 10:52 AM
    and no limit
    So ugly Operating System, whatever that is..
    03-12-15 03:56 PM
    So ugly Operating System, whatever that is..
    If you don't like how it looks, just go ahead and change it. It's Android, your imagination is the limit.
    03-12-15 05:37 PM
    If you don't like how it looks, just go ahead and change it. It's Android, your imagination is the limit.
    i don't know about it, apart from the Sense UI from HTC there's nothing out there close to the beautiful and simplistic BB10
    03-12-15 08:00 PM
    i don't know about it, apart from the Sense UI from HTC there's nothing out there close to the beautiful and simplistic BB10
    Using proper tools you can create your own UI in Android, including custom fonts, animations, gestures, active areas, widgets... anything you want. In BB10 you're locked to what some BlackBerry designer decided is best. 10.3 UI is an inconsistent mix of Android and iOS elements and is the main reason for me to retire the entire BB10 platform. I don't know what beautiful you see in constantly changing black and white backgrounds. You can't even arrange screen icons in the way you like without using the ridiculous "empty icon" app.
    03-12-15 08:57 PM
    That looks amazingggg! I'm still building up the courage to do the update I got on Sachesi, seeing as i'm a proud (yet, increasingly more impatient by the minute) Z10 STL100-3 (Tmo USA/NY) owner. Unfortunately I've missed out on plenty of fun with 10.3 BUT this here, just might make me pull the trigger tonight... it's sooo smooth looking!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 09:13 PM
    Using proper tools you can create your own UI in Android, including custom fonts, animations, gestures, active areas, widgets... anything you want. In BB10 you're locked to what some BlackBerry designer decided is best. 10.3 UI is an inconsistent mix of Android and iOS elements and is the main reason for me to retire the entire BB10 platform. I don't know what beautiful you see in constantly changing black and white backgrounds. You can't even arrange screen icons in the way you like without using the ridiculous "empty icon" app.
    Yes because I have the time and skills necessary to design a whole OS...
    Instead, the other guy said he loves how BlackBerry looks. Who gives a **** if you can 'make android the way you want' if BlackBerry 10 is the way he wants?
    Meshdow and JCMM like this.
    03-12-15 09:26 PM
    Yes because I have the time and skills necessary to design a whole OS...
    OS is the same, you design the UI. The thing is that you can, if you want to. In BB10 all you can do is to change the wallpapers.

Who gives a **** if you can 'make android the way you want' if BlackBerry 10 is the way he wants?
    He said nothing out there comes close and it's a wrong statement based on lack of knowledge and experience with other OS.
    03-12-15 09:53 PM
44 12