I'm going to go ahead and post this, although, I think I'm going to get flamed to a cinder by BlackBerry loyalists because of it. So be it.

The only smartphones I ever used (from 2007-2013) were BlackBerrys. I bought a PlayBook, about a half year ago, because they've become so cheap.

I love BlackBerry. I love how intelligent the devices are, and how secure. My PlayBook just saw me through a 5 hour flight, with reading and games (at the dirt cheap price I bought it, I don't even care if the new OS comes to it).

I was waiting for the new OS. I read every scrap of news about it. I wanted to stay loyal. I had a taste of it, from the PlayBook. But price decided it for me...and apps. I bank with a couple of large US banks, and one of them discontinued their support of BB. Add to that that so many run-of-the-mill apps are available for Android, and add, further, that the comparable Android device (Razr HD) was $100 less than the Z10 (when it finally arrived) - I couldn't argue myself into buying a Z10 (or waiting for a Q10, which is the experience I really wanted).

So, yeah, I bought a Motorola Razr HD...and I'm sure that I've made the right decision. What have I gained, and what have I lost?

I gained an ocean of apps, and very frequent updates to them. At a cheaper price, and with comparable hardware.

I lost the BlackBerry security that I used to take for granted, and the gesture-based interface (that I love) from the PlayBook. And the Android only gives me adequate battery life, if I make adjustments (but then, I hear that about the new BB OS, too). Most of all, I've lost the quick typing that wowed my friends and colleagues.

I'm sorry, but I had to opt for a different smartphone. I still have a PB (that's an incredible value, at the price I got it - such rich sound) that I'll run into the ground, but I had to change my daily driver phone for another, and I don't look back, not even for a second.

Best wishes, BB. I want you to pull me back, in a couple of years, but right now, I'm finding comfort in the arms of another maker.
    Warlack likes this.
    06-09-13 03:41 PM
    That's just bloody awesome. I'm so happy for you and I'm sure that all of Crackberry nation is too. You knew we wouldn't want to see a post of this nature yet you had the courage and gumption to pull it off anyway. You now get apps. Woo hoo! Kudos.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:48 PM
    So you left without trying it, thanks for the insight. See ya

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:48 PM
    We should just stop replying to these posts and let them get lost.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    ibpluto and R Field like this.
    06-09-13 03:50 PM
    That's fine. Enjoy your new phone if you find that this is the one that suits your needs. BTW, can we stop with this loyalty nonsense that we see pop up on a regular basis. It is an electronic device, no more no less. You owe no loyalty to BlackBerry and vice versa. It is the same thing as buying any other product. The day you don't like it anymore just move on. No need for confession. Once again good luck with your new phone and if you don't like it anymore in a few months, just buy something else.

Posted via CB10
    sr3500 and Warlack like this.
    06-09-13 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    It shouldn't be "trying". Right? I'm the consumer. Come to me. Don't make it work for me to come to you.
    06-09-13 03:59 PM
    That's fine. Enjoy your new phone if you find that this is the one that suits your needs. BTW, can we stop with this loyalty nonsense that we see pop up on a regular basis. It is an electronic device, no more no less. You owe no loyalty to BlackBerry and vice versa. It is the same thing as buying any other product. The day you don't like it anymore just move on. No need for confession. Once again good luck with your new phone and if you don't like it anymore in a few months, just buy something else.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. My thoughts, exactly. Though, I do have a "place in my heart", as it were, for BlackBerry. I know that they're superior machines, but with the lack of support, and the bottom line price differential, the decision was made for me.
    06-09-13 04:02 PM
    Chocolate turtles taste good
    06-09-13 04:03 PM
    So you want a z10 or q10 to magically show up to your house so you could try it?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:21 PM
    Goodluck with your new phone hope one day you'll come back
    sr3500 likes this.
    06-09-13 04:27 PM
    Chocolate turtles taste good
    Unless you have a nut allergy, then it tastes like death.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Trying what ??? wasting time with a f*ing smartphone without apps?? and missing os features!!! ??? Thats why BlackBerry is so bad with marketing and dont even care if they dont put a effort with the App world (Natively) !...u suck and all that thinks like you saying "good luck, get a dumb iphone, enjoy ur crappy android" beucase someone left BlackBerry...thats so sad man!!...THINK! BlackBerry at the end of the rope trying to advance without trying to satisfy what we want. IT SUCKS!!! We dont have OS Update because of the carriers ? NO...this only happen with BlackBerry constantly not with Android or iPhone!...i hope u change ur mind. Ive been with BlackBerry since 2007 owning now the z10 and 9780 and i rarely use my z10 because of the boredness like the iphone but i caN ENJOY MORe iOS sometimes...why ??? i dont know. THINK !!!!!!
    06-09-13 05:27 PM
    Trying what ??? wasting time with a f*ing smartphone without apps?? and missing os features!!! ??? Thats why BlackBerry is so bad with marketing and dont even care if they dont put a effort with the App world (Natively) !...u suck and all that thinks like you saying "good luck, get a dumb iphone, enjoy ur crappy android" beucase someone left BlackBerry...thats so sad man!!...THINK! BlackBerry at the end of the rope trying to advance without trying to satisfy what we want. IT SUCKS!!! We dont have OS Update because of the carriers ? NO...this only happen with BlackBerry constantly not with Android or iPhone!...i hope u change ur mind. Ive been with BlackBerry since 2007 owning now the z10 and 9780 and i rarely use my z10 because of the boredness like the iphone but i caN ENJOY MORe iOS sometimes...why ??? i dont know. THINK !!!!!!
    Lol WTF you barking about??

Anyhow these threads always make me laugh, I mean who gives a **** if you don't like the bb10 platform lol..

Posted via Z10
    06-09-13 06:01 PM
    It is always funny to see that there are some who want to say goodbye to the community and share interesting insights which are being appreciated by some...

A few posts later the trolls arrive and ruin the posts....

I noticed that posts where help for tricky problems is requested, almost nobody is replying. Everyone just chickens out and most of the time the right solution is found within one page and the thread is abandoned.

Most of the threads which continue are just used to butch and moan. Granted. They can be very amusing from time to time...

Would it not be greater to see the opposite?
    We are supposed to be like Crack addicts.... Let's solve problems and focus in making the experience better and not worse!

D'Arcy just leaked multiple alarm bar from the 10.2 leak.

It also runs on the PlayBook.

BlackBerry has not forgotten about the tablet.

We are getting many apps native... there is a lot to be happy about.

Trolling around just does not help at all.

I am telling my clients straight up when The competition is better and encourage them to find the best fit.
    This integrity is providing loyalty and repeat business...

He had a hard decision and will be back when the OS has matured. He gave us and possibly BlackBerry who are scouting our forums valuable feedback.
    This is loyalty to a community and to a brand.

Ask yourself what value you provide to anyone when you post and how many people are browsing the forum and won't sign up, ask questions and just abandon the phone and go back to Apple...

We are ambassadors and should behave in a way that makes us proud recommending the forum without having to worry about hostility and hate being brought towards others.....

Anyway..... Keep an eye open for the PlayBook update and have fun with Cyanogen mod!

If there wouldn't be so many leaks and ways to play with my Z10, I wouldn't believe it's a smartphone..... Me coming from the masochistic Windows Mobile days....

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and sr3500 like this.
    06-09-13 07:11 PM
    I'm going to go ahead and post this, although, I think I'm going to get flamed to a cinder by BlackBerry loyalists because of it. So be it.

The only smartphones I ever used (from 2007-2013) were BlackBerrys. I bought a PlayBook, about a half year ago, because they've become so cheap.

I love BlackBerry. I love how intelligent the devices are, and how secure. My PlayBook just saw me through a 5 hour flight, with reading and games (at the dirt cheap price I bought it, I don't even care if the new OS comes to it).

I was waiting for the new OS. I read every scrap of news about it. I wanted to stay loyal. I had a taste of it, from the PlayBook. But price decided it for me...and apps. I bank with a couple of large US banks, and one of them discontinued their support of BB. Add to that that so many run-of-the-mill apps are available for Android, and add, further, that the comparable Android device (Razr HD) was $100 less than the Z10 (when it finally arrived) - I couldn't argue myself into buying a Z10 (or waiting for a Q10, which is the experience I really wanted).

So, yeah, I bought a Motorola Razr HD...and I'm sure that I've made the right decision. What have I gained, and what have I lost?

I gained an ocean of apps, and very frequent updates to them. At a cheaper price, and with comparable hardware.

I lost the BlackBerry security that I used to take for granted, and the gesture-based interface (that I love) from the PlayBook. And the Android only gives me adequate battery life, if I make adjustments (but then, I hear that about the new BB OS, too). Most of all, I've lost the quick typing that wowed my friends and colleagues.

I'm sorry, but I had to opt for a different smartphone. I still have a PB (that's an incredible value, at the price I got it - such rich sound) that I'll run into the ground, but I had to change my daily driver phone for another, and I don't look back, not even for a second.

Best wishes, BB. I want you to pull me back, in a couple of years, but right now, I'm finding comfort in the arms of another maker.
    You'll be happier in android, more apps that you can imagine. Don't listen to these fools as they're sheep themselves.
    sr3500 likes this.
    06-09-13 07:12 PM
    meeeeee..... we're all just sheeple (=

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 07:21 PM
    Why I stayed. I heard you were leaving! Sorry just kidding. I stayed because Z10 is great device and the OS is really nice.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:37 PM
    My brother loves his note, my mum loves her iPad... each to their own

However a pen on the Z10 would be awesome!

Together with OneNote.....

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:58 PM
    I came from a RAZR HD to the Z10. I hated that cumbersome phone. It was hard to use, the battery life was abysmal and the apps just weren't worth it.

But hey, if you like that phone, more power to you.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 04:08 AM