That's the problem with "open source "... one of many...

Trusted Member Genius
    This is so wrong. Open source has nothing to do with Google approving everything. The Debian repos aren't filled with crap. I don't think you understand open source/free software.

Small rant but things like this bug me because more often than not people criticise the free software movement with garbage that sounds like it is coming out of Microsoft.

Edit: The amount of Free software and Linux FUD is this thread is crazy. Please people, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-21-13 01:02 PM
    Oh and Android is hardly open source and really needs to stop calling itself that. I'm not RMS hut Android is too far from Free to be called OS.

09-21-13 01:03 PM
    Oh and Android is hardly open source and really needs to stop calling itself that. I'm not RMS hut Android is too far from Free to be called OS.

Yep the open source linux bits are good, it's open to review and improvement. Google take the open source good stuff as it's free add thier closed source stuff to it and how secure it is is anyones guess. Only guage you have on it is the number of viruses effecting android - which seems quite a lot!

Posted via CB10
    shotgunboss likes this.
    09-21-13 01:28 PM
28 12