seeing reports of BBM is in the play store and not in the play store I decided to check on my sons phone, I came across several BBM apps by various developers, one stuck out from all the others this one said by blackberry getting all excited I downloaded it only to find out it was a fake non-functional app, of all the apps in the play store (bazillion) how many are actually good apps? that have a purpose? I drink beer out of a bottle! I don't pretend to drink beer out of my phone! I briefly had an android and because of some of the data sucking apps that google allows (if it installs it's available for download) I got rid of it, there are a lot of useless android ports in BBW as well, like a UFO detector? whats the purpose? smartphones are only as smart as the person using them.........

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:10 AM
    Some people like to have fun. One mans trash is another's treasure. If you don't like them don't download or use them. You download a "worthless app to you" delete it.
    09-21-13 08:14 AM
    Some people like to have fun. One mans trash is another's treasure. If you don't like them don't download or use them. You download a "worthless app to you" delete it.
    truth
    09-21-13 08:16 AM
    That's the problem with "open source "... one of many...

Trusted Member Genius
    09-21-13 10:43 AM
    smartphones are only as smart as the person using them.........
    Yessir.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    09-21-13 10:48 AM
    That's all you don't like?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:49 AM
    oh no I could rant for days about it....but will leave it at where it is

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yet you love BB10? Which basically piggy backs off android to stay somewhat relative. Imagine where BB10 would be without the android runtime.
    kbz1960 and jh07 like this.
    09-21-13 11:23 AM
    I already said my peace about the worthless android ports (not all, some), and BB10 is by far better than android as an OS is concerned

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:32 AM
    I already said my peace about the worthless android ports (not all, some), and BB10 is by far better than android as an OS is concerned

Posted via CB10
    Why did you buy an Android device for your son? Since you don't like the OS.
    09-21-13 11:33 AM
    For every hate I got a love for android. Google map is simply awesome for a poorly mapped country. BlackBerry map is so horrible. That alone is a big plus.

No worries

Just get 2 phones already!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:34 AM
    why do I need 2 phones?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:35 AM
    For every hate I got a love for android. Google map is simply awesome for a poorly mapped country. BlackBerry map is so horrible. That alone is a big plus.

No worries

Posted via CB10
    I have Google maps on my Z10... BeMaps pro

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:38 AM

No worries

Posted via CB10
    unfortunately the google maps you speak so highly of does not find my rural address whereas blackberry maps does, functionality matters more to me than eye appeal
    sorry mate, no worries

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:39 AM
    I hate Andriod too and iOS?and windows phone is meh

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    shotgunboss likes this.
    09-21-13 11:41 AM
    unfortunately the google maps you speak so highly of does not find my rural address whereas blackberry maps does, functionality matters more to me than eye appeal
    sorry mate, no worries

Posted via CB10
    I highly doubt this
    cwalt2166 and nuke99 like this.
    09-21-13 11:48 AM
    I hate Andriod too and iOS?and windows phone is meh

I'm weird. I love all OSes. Even WebOS. I love technology, and love to see new things like BB10.
    Saiga likes this.
    09-21-13 11:51 AM
    I'm weird. I love all OSes. Even WebOS. I love technology, and love to see new things like BB10.
    I've used them all and I love tech to but I don't like how they are for day to day use.

09-21-13 11:53 AM
    it's true, sad but true

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:54 AM
    I've used them all and I love tech to but I don't like how they are for day to day use.

Makes sense.

I think I could use any. I just don't want to lose any functionality if I can help it.
    09-21-13 11:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I though as much. I was / maybe still am a big fan of linux. Android takes all that's good about linux, all that's been made good about it, unpicks the whole thing and p****s about with it!

I must admit before os10 I had no knowledge of qnx but it seems to be closely related to BSD, it's also a real time os which seems more appropriate as a starting point for a mobile os.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:03 PM
    Yet you love BB10? Which basically piggy backs off android to stay somewhat relative. Imagine where BB10 would be without the android runtime.
    Bbos10 does not piggy back android sdk, android sdk, adobe air are piggybacked on bbos10.
    Android runtime is ok for running a few apps but you don't really want phone calls, text messaging, camera, video, voice recording, file manager etc all those core apps running over it - you know how it can be with android, download a few apps and suddenly your phone goes all laggy with random pauses all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:15 PM
    I though as much. I was / maybe still am a big fan of linux. Android takes all that's good about linux, all that's been made good about it, unpicks the whole thing and p****s about with it!

I must admit before os10 I had no knowledge of qnx but it seems to be closely related to BSD, it's also a real time os which seems more appropriate as a starting point for a mobile os.

Posted via CB10
    why is it windows has so many viruses vs. linux, and android (Linux based) has so many? I have linux on one of my boxes and runs flawlessly, I had a rogue app on my android and it sucked my data for the month in 3 days! I guess thats mostly the reason I dont care for android, google must think it's funny too? they allow them

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:16 PM
    why is it windows has so many viruses vs. linux, and android (Linux based) has so many? I have linux on one of my boxes and runs flawlessly, I had a rogue app on my android and it sucked my data for the month in 3 days! I guess thats mostly the reason I dont care for android, google must think it's funny too? they allow them

Posted via CB10
    Android I understand runs over linux in a similar way to kdm or gnome. It is still possible to get a virus on linux although it's likely to just effect your browser or kdm or gnome environment and even then just effect the one user. It's very unlikely a virus would go down and infect at a linux level.
    Android seems less secure than any desktop linux environment, the distinction between android layer and linux is blurred, the linux kernel used by Android may be the same but every thing else could be changed not just by google android but also by manufacturers with their bloatware?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:46 PM
    Android I understand runs over linux in a similar way to kdm or gnome. It is still possible to get a virus on linux although it's likely to just effect your browser or kdm or gnome environment and even then just effect the one user. It's very unlikely a virus would go down and infect at a linux level.
    Android seems less secure than any desktop linux environment, the distinction between android layer and linux is blurred, the linux kernel used by Android may be the same but every thing else could be changed not just by google android but also by manufacturers with their bloatware?

Posted via CB10
    see I knew I hated android for all the right reasons! and windows!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:54 PM
28 12