03-24-15 05:50 PM
94 ... 234
tools
    Well, for starters
    1. I hate the fact that BlackBerry made the icon smaller.. on the z10 an q10 it's very noticeable...

4. I don't want the amazon app store.. but it can't be deleted

5. Every time I finish reading something from the hub the item getting more options to archive or delete or flag and getting pressed by accident..

Posted via CB10
    1. They got rid of the boxes which meant lots of blank space. So by shrinking a tad gave option to add extra row of icons. More efficiency in my opinion.

4. Try using BlackBerry manager chrome extension to delete it.

5. You can disable these in hub settings

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.179
    03-07-15 08:06 AM
    This is also customizable . Go to settings. Notifications. Quick settings (button at the bottom). Select the profiles you want to use.

To use pull down quick settings menu and click the notification "icon" not the words. Press again to toggle to next option.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.179
    Yes, thank you...found that quick enough after install. Spent 2 days going over the new os in detail. Then a week and a half or so of trying to get used to and liking it - didnt relish the alternative of wiping, autoloading, etc. I couldnt get rid of rotation bug, didnt like calendar, blend chewing the battery, hated the icons and text, loved the equalizer, hated the music layout.

I never warmed to it so wiped it, loaded 10.2 back on...like a breath of fresh air again rather than the general clunky feel of 10.3.
    03-07-15 08:28 AM
    Yes, thank you...found that quick enough after install. Spent 2 days going over the new os in detail. Then a week and a half or so of trying to get used to and liking it - didnt relish the alternative of wiping, autoloading, etc. I couldnt get rid of rotation bug, didnt like calendar, blend chewing the battery, hated the icons and text, loved the equalizer, hated the music layout.

I never warmed to it so wiped it, loaded 10.2 back on...like a breath of fresh air again rather than the general clunky feel of 10.3.
    I am kind of bored of 10.3.1 but I have been running it since early Beta testing before leaks. But I would never go back to 10.2.1. Can't do it. Too lacking in features.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.179
    03-07-15 10:24 AM
    Why I hate your "why I hate 10.3.1 top 5" top 5.

Coming soon.

Love me some 10.3.1

#TeamBlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 11:31 PM
    1. Battery life is now worse
    2. Still no smart dialling
    3. Android Player high data usage
    4. Low audio volume, both on notifications and music
    5. Old android runtime

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:20 AM
    1. When long press on items in hub or gallery the right menu that slides out from the side, shows full description with icons. I prefer the 10.2 UI which shows only icons, as this gives you more space on the items. Also the Select More menu is now way too below we have to scroll down now.

2. When minimizing apps, it is not as smooth as 10.2. In 10.3 it appears as if it fits into the minimize space clumsily instead of seamless transition as in 10.2

3. The Gallery takes time to load like for a few seconds.

4. I prefer the dark screen for the dial pad of 10.2. I am using a Z10. Though some are saying the AMOLED screen devices are having dark screen for dial pad, and LCD screen devices are having white screen for the dial pad. This is to save the battery usage. However atleast there should be an option to switch between dark and white. And the percentage of usage time for dialing is very low compared to overall usage of the phone.

5. There is too much color in 10.3 sometimes it looks like a kids phone or an android or iOS phone. I like the dark and less colorful sophisticated look better.

This being said, there are also better features in 10.3 compared to 10.2. If the above points are addressed, then it would be fantastic!

SihZou Z10
    playfoot likes this.
    03-08-15 12:49 AM
    check your running apps, you will be happy to find amazon is always running and is one of the highest battery drains
    Get ghost commander from Blackberry world.
    In ghost commander go to applications, press and hold the amazon entry until the menu comes up, press manage, press force stop and the uncheck "show notifications". This will prevent it from running in the background until you reboot phone. Once phone is rebooted it may or may not revert back to show notifications.

I also use task manager from Blackberry world to see what android apps/processes are running. Can easily kill them from there.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:53 AM
    I believe you can delete amazon appstore with ghost commander. It gives you the option. I pressed it and got as far as the confirmation screen. I didn't say yes as I use the amazon app for the few android apps I run.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:57 AM
    This is also customizable . Go to settings. Notifications. Quick settings (button at the bottom). Select the profiles you want to use.

To use pull down quick settings menu and click the notification "icon" not the words. Press again to toggle to next option.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.179
    If you're using a passport or classic I believe you can program keyboard shortcut to change your notification profile/setting.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:01 AM
    I love it for the most part, but I do hate a few things so far:

1) Vibrate Profile no longer treats "all sounds as vibrations" like it did with 10.3.0. Android apps that don't have custom notification settings no longer vibrate or make a sound. Some apps no longer emit a sound notification either, regardless of the notification profile.

2) Music player is slower. There is a noticeable lag, such as when pressing the Shuffle icon. It used to be instantaneous. Takes a good second now. It sucks when you're trying to constantly reshuffle for a good playlist

3) Umm.. I'm sure there was something else, but I don't remember. So I guess it isn't so bad

There's definitely more to love about the update than there is to hate, so I'm sticking with it.

But, are there any solutions to the first issue I mentioned?
    03-08-15 08:10 AM
    I love it for the most part, but I do hate a few things so far:

1) Vibrate Profile no longer treats "all sounds as vibrations" like it did with 10.3.0. Android apps that don't have custom notification settings no longer vibrate or make a sound. Some apps no longer emit a sound notification either, regardless of the notification profile.

But, are there any solutions to the first issue I mentioned?
    Do you have more detail about this issue? I don't understand what the issue really is so I can't attempt to reproduce and find workaround.
    Steps to reproduce. Apps testing with. Results. Expectations.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.179
    03-08-15 08:33 AM
    Do you have more detail about this issue? I don't understand what the issue really is so I can't attempt to reproduce and find workaround.
    Steps to reproduce. Apps testing with. Results. Expectations.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.179
    I actually started a thread about this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rking-1000865/

But no solutions yet. I was hoping this thread would get more attention.

Thanks a lot for trying to help. I hope my post is clear.
    03-08-15 09:08 AM
    anything blacberry will do , it will be always some whiner to whine about some details even if those detail are just configuration or setting
    those same poeple with an android or iphone will whine even ....so for me a whiner is someone who don't have fun in life ...nothing about the phone lol
    i very love my 10.3.1 even if canlender isn't the best app .......in general my BB phone is an awsome technology
    some things are perfect, some are ok, some are bad ,,,,,as anything in this world.

instead whining for nothing and not giving a nice opinion ( some advice or things you want to see ) you should just close this forum and continu whining in your home alone lol

oh and another thing .........i paid full price detail for my phone and it is worth it ...........most of whiner had their phone for free with a small contract .........you whine for a free thing ??? you may had a bad life
    loll
    have a good day
    03-08-15 09:59 AM
    Call feature is disastrous!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:41 AM
    Can't hate it BlackBerry and won't provide the update...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:49 AM
    I don't like how it forcefully steers me towards hub. I like to see things all separately not bunched into my Hub. Work email in one slot and personal in another. I've not found a way to stop this - i've turned off Hub notifications so it's always empty- but when my phone is idle and I get a message it still pulls up my empty hub right away.

Does anyone know how to completely turn hub off?
    03-24-15 01:32 PM
    I don't like how it forcefully steers me towards hub. I like to see things all separately not bunched into my Hub. Work email in one slot and personal in another. I've not found a way to stop this - i've turned off Hub notifications so it's always empty- but when my phone is idle and I get a message it still pulls up my empty hub right away.

Does anyone know how to completely turn hub off?
    No. But why don't you turn hub on for 1 account only. Most common used 1. It will still be separated from all the others. Just set it's setting to hub only so you don't have it listed twice.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582 
    03-24-15 01:45 PM
    Well that's the thing I probably get as many work emails as personal. Used to be nice to keep them separate and now it forces me to run through hub every time even though hub is empty it's the 'home page' when my phone comes off sleep or I enter my password but it's getting in the way. Conceptually I have issues with not being able to tell the machine what to do when it should be a very easy re-code. "Use hub Yes / No".

Sadly having used Blackberrys since the 90's (I even had the Blueberry!) I'm getting close to move on from Blackberry this is one extra nudge.
    03-24-15 04:20 PM
    Remember goes right into edit mode even though sometimes I want to just read my notes.

No list view in Remember

Calendar sucks

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 05:50 PM
94 ... 234