check your running apps, you will be happy to find amazon is always running and is one of the highest battery drains
    Yeah right.

Why I hate 10.3.1 top 5-img_20150225_171029.png

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-25-15 04:11 PM
    The only thing people seem to agree on is the calendar lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:22 PM
    Look into your settings. A lot of complains here goes on about something that can be done! You just have to mess around with the new OS to discover them! Most of them are settings and other are some "getting used to".. that goes to show that you guys didn't even give it a try before you came complaining!

If it's laggy, maybe it's time for you to get a new phone instead of sticking to a old BlackBerry 10 device. There are some few out there to get that works really Great, Passport? A monster of a phone; Big,powerfull,Fast! Heck and it even looks ugly(for some).. there's the Classic: "Your Power?.. UPGRADED!!"

When a phone gets released with a OS preloaded, that OS stays with the phone, even if you do "Sic-wipe" or other wipes, so even when you do a autoloader "clean" install, it's never that clean..

I'll give you a example ; when we 1st bought our Z10/30 Q5/10 the phone came with only 2-3gb of use "brand new, out of box" and if you look at it now, the phone has a little bit of half or even more space filled, and that's excluding your own files (assuming you don't use an SDcard)..

My point: New Phone is ALWAYS needed, no Mather how hard you try to hide it.

#TeamBlackBerry
    02-25-15 05:22 PM
    ... there's the Classic: "Your Power?.. UPGRADED!!"
    Classic is 2012 hardware phone, just like Z10. Nothing is upgraded, except the price.

When a phone gets released with a OS preloaded, that OS stays with the phone, even if you do "Sic-wipe" or other wipes, so even when you do a autoloader "clean" install, it's never that clean..
    What? Re-writing memory is re-writing memory, no matter how it's done.

I'll give you a example ; when we 1st bought our Z10/30 Q5/10 the phone came with only 2-3gb of use "brand new, out of box" and if you look at it now, the phone has a little bit of half or even more space filled, and that's excluding your own files.
    Never heard of cache files? Come on BlackBerry Genius...
    02-25-15 05:42 PM
    How did you find 5 issues with 10.3.1 & not mention the Calendar?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:15 PM
    Now I really have to invest in an alarm clock. Oh the horror! (sarcasm). At last, my watch can now serve as my alarm for work.
    Feels like this update is more for Passport /Classic than it is for the older BBOS10 devices. Heck, even my screen was zoomed (trying to fit on Passport?) after I updated.
    02-25-15 06:23 PM
    Loss of dark theme when using any of the hub.

Loss of convenience when using clock app, what used to be a quick select item is now buried in the side menu.

Icons changed, some are ok but there was nothing wrong with the way they were.

My first impressions. Why are we always losing functionality and adding fluff instead of improving?

I WANT DARK HUB BACK... holy chit it hurts the eyes now, and looks damn ugly!!
    When did we ever have a dark hub?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:23 PM
    10.2 is best for Z10 feeling uncomfortable with 10.3 it is buggy

Posted via CB10
    I heard someone say that when 10.2 came out and the majority of us were on 10.1

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    02-26-15 02:57 AM
    check your running apps, you will be happy to find amazon is always running and is one of the highest battery drains
    Prove it Where's your screen shot, I'm highly skeptical !

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    02-26-15 03:05 AM
    I updated my z10 to 10.3.1 and all my games are lagging and running super slow.... what the fawk?
    How do i fix it? How do i downgrade back?
    02-26-15 03:28 AM
    Yes, blackberrry is good because other os manufacturers make mistakes.

This is reflected by the fact that blackberry have the lion share of the market.
    No one here has said BlackBerry is perfect. Not one on this thread. The poster you quoted simply wants to understand the complaints people have about something he has no problems with himself.

Additionally, we get enough hate from the outside. It is a fact BlackBerry isn't as popular as other platforms. However it doesn't change the fact they are doing something none of the others are doing by making a product that is differentiated from the rest of the market. It may not be a game changer, but it is something for people who want something different.

Posted via CB10
    Jamchinlam likes this.
    02-26-15 04:01 AM
    Love the new update to 10.3.1. My Z10 feels like a new phone. Z10 owners have noticed a lag/slower responding os, but I beg to differ. For me its faster, smoother and the UI is simply amazing. Nice fresh look. More options than 10.2 which I like. I have to agree with some, that big blue circle dead center is very distracting! Get rid of it BlackBerry. Icons appear smaller because the shadow circles are no longer there. They have not changed in size. I love it, hated those dam circles around the icons in 10.2. This looks much nicer and cleaner.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:57 AM
    Nothing beats OS10.2.2 on a Z10

Lovely Signal Reception, nice battery life , looks better and it can view every website

10.3.1. Not

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    vbdwork likes this.
    02-26-15 05:02 AM
    And better security than 10.3.1 :P

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    02-26-15 05:07 AM
    Way to shoot yourself in the foot BB.

1-Why do I have to swipe and go to a blank screen and then slide to the icon page? - This should be customizable - thank you for wasting my time

2-Amazon app? I don�t want this on my phone. I don�t want to agree to their T&Cs and I can�t get it off.

3-GUI is way to busy. I didn't need more icons on my screen

4- Cant ( or I have not figured out how to) remove BBM. If BB wants to advertise on this service - good for them but I'm out and should have the option to remove this. And I mean remove it. Not block it every day or hide it in some folder.
    02-26-15 08:52 AM
    It is not yet a "hate". More a question at the moment, but definitely a question born from dissatisfaction . . .

1. It is true? I can't delete the Amazon App? Why can't I decide what I want on my phone?

2. It seems the things important to me, are no longer important to BB. For example, many of the things I do now seem to take an extra button press or three. For example, in the 10.2 on the clock, I could have time zones with ONE push, now two. On contacts, it takes two push of a button to edit a contact, etc. Or, am I missing something.

3. Search; SLOW.

4. Video seems to begin automatically. Now I must constantly delete a one or two second video of nothing. I assume this was because a genius thought EVERYONE was taking a video or a crime and needed an immediate record...Or perhaps a need to record the glimpse of Bragenlina.... Snide comments aside, could there not be an option?

5. Screen sensitivity greatly decreased (Q10). Suggestions? Have done a number of restarts.

6. Every present BB, or Blue Blob. Can I hide or reduce?

7. Volume. Other than using my computer to boost the volume of rings/notifications, is there another method?

8. Second line of mails, beneath the BOLD title. Any way to darken as difficult to see on white background for older eyes?

Many more. But just trying to get a sense.
    02-26-15 09:29 AM
    Well, 2 weeks trying to like 10.3. Got used to it, still hate it. The look, the feel, blend chewing up the battery. Thank you to those who posted regarding downgrading to previous version. Those that dismiss criticism of 10.3 as whining, well myself, I am not an apple fan boy type where everything blackberry does is worshipped. Yes I hate 10.3....but love my z10 and MUCH prefer 10.2....and that's ok!
    vbdwork likes this.
    03-06-15 11:28 AM
    Bad UI

Isn't enough for hating 10.3.1??

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2267
    03-06-15 12:26 PM
    More than ui, besides if ui wasn't important we would still be using command line.
    03-06-15 01:03 PM
    I am so hesitant in installing the newest OS on my perfect Passport. I love my phone. I never install leaked updates or sideload apps. I can't imagine the nightmare some of you are experiencing after the update. Just the screwy new calendar app frightens me because I so rely on it and the power to sync with my Google Calendar. I will hold tight and not update until BlackBerry comes out with answers to all this drama. Do you think anyone in Waterloo is listening to all this stuff?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:42 PM
    Way to shoot yourself in the foot BB.

1-Why do I have to swipe and go to a blank screen and then slide to the icon page? - This should be customizable - thank you for wasting my time
    You can turn it on/off.

Attachment 339451

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.1.2243)
    Attached Thumbnails Why I hate 10.3.1 top 5-img_20150306_224644.png  
    Last edited by Asvertus; 03-07-15 at 03:40 AM.
    03-06-15 03:48 PM
    I'd sure like someone to explain what's wrong with the calendar. I did t notice a change.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 08:26 PM
    I'd sure like someone to explain what's wrong with the calendar. I did t notice a change.
    It looks like crap. (imho)

But, my opinion is not important. What is important is the loss of function... it no longer functions as well as it did before.
    For example, the generic appointment "dot" we have now, is not as useful as the former growing line. That growing line could, at a glance, inform us we had a busy day or a light day. Now, we just see that a day has an event.

I am sure others can add more detail, I stopped using BlackBerry calendar after this last change seems to have made a mess of a once useful tool.
    03-06-15 09:04 PM
    So let me get this straight, outside of 1,2, and 4 OP is complaining about having options to do other things. Someone needs an iPhone.

Kidding.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:24 PM
    Turning off ringer used to be a simple process, now it seems like you need to go through setting up profiles rather than a simple off-on . Yes I need to get familiar with it but I am very annoyed with this phone now, will not be able to get by the cluttery messy feel it has for me.

Any way of going back to the previous o/s?
    This is also customizable . Go to settings. Notifications. Quick settings (button at the bottom). Select the profiles you want to use.

To use pull down quick settings menu and click the notification "icon" not the words. Press again to toggle to next option.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.179
    03-07-15 07:03 AM
94 1234