As I remember it all started from Skype..

Now I see even Endomondo removed their app from Blackberry World, I'm so mad because my BB become more and more useless by the days, only Passport looks left as advantage, bunch of other popular apps also gone or gonna be removed from BBW in 2017. Why this is happening?

Blackberry 10 without apps becoming the same like BBOS or Nokia Symbian oldschool phones. Is this because Blackberry CEO false BB10 positioning for government and business only not for everyone? This make app developers run from this operating system?
    06-01-16 02:59 PM
    Skype was an Android port and BB started recommending devs that had ported apps to move them to the amazon app store. Their probable motivation was to keep BBW for mostly native apps.
    06-01-16 03:07 PM
    As I remember it all started from Skype..

Now I see even Endomondo removed their app from Blackberry World, I'm so mad because my BB become more and more useless by the days, only Passport looks left as advantage, bunch of other popular apps also gone or gonna be removed from BBW in 2017. Why this is happening?

Blackberry 10 without apps becoming the same like BBOS or Nokia Symbian oldschool phones. Is this because Blackberry CEO false BB10 positioning for government and business only not for everyone? This make app developers run from this operating system?
    Userbase... most of the apps came before or right after the launch when there was potential for BB10 to be a viable platform for business and consumers alike. Users didn't come so the developer cut back or cut out depending on their needs.

At this point with no new devices planned for BB10. and basically the OS is on life support for development... It's hard to see a reason to support BB10 when BlackBerry doesn't "seem" to have plans for it.

Maybe in 2017 they'll release new devcies and surprise us with BB10.4 powering a new Android Runtime... if that's the case, and sales increase, then some developers might come back. But nothing BlackBerry has said or done indicates that is their plan.
    06-01-16 03:23 PM
    Skype was an Android port and BB started recommending devs that had ported apps to move them to the amazon app store. Their probable motivation was to keep BBW for mostly native apps.
    funny thing. Endomondo removed its app from BBW, but then you intall Endomondo android app it says "Please use Blackberry app from BBW", what a joke!
    06-01-16 03:24 PM
    Userbase... most of the apps came before or right after the launch when there was potential for BB10 to be a viable platform for business and consumers alike. Users didn't come so the developer cut back or cut out depending on their needs.

At this point with no new devices planned for BB10. and basically the OS is on life support for development... It's hard to see a reason to support BB10 when BlackBerry doesn't "seem" to have plans for it.

Maybe in 2017 they'll release new devcies and surprise us with BB10.4 powering a new Android Runtime... if that's the case, and sales increase, then some developers might come back. But nothing BlackBerry has said or done indicates that is their plan.
    OK.. but what is the logic to remove app if it works fine like Endomondo?? same thing with whatsapp, why make updates if you gonna make it unavailable to use after 6 months in purpose even if it works perfectly, first of all Blackberry itself not planing to make any changes with OS in the first place so it will not gonna need to make updates for developers for a long time?? BB10 is going to be like Windows 98 or XP, just keep the apps until BBW exist, no?

+ is there a place there BBW apps could be downloaded outside BBW? .BAR files, because I really need Endomondo on my Passport.
    06-01-16 03:34 PM
    OK.. but what is the logic to remove app if it works fine like Endomondo?? same thing with whatsapp, why make updates if you gonna make it unavailable to use after 6 months in purpose even if it works perfectly, first of all Blackberry itself not planing to make any changes with OS in the first place so it will not gonna need to make updates for developers for a long time?? BB10 is going to be like Windows 98 or XP, just keep the apps until BBW exist, no?

+ is there a place there BBW apps could be downloaded outside BBW? .BAR files, because I really need Endomondo on my Passport.
    Becuase the developer (usually not one guy but a team or app factory) wants to close the books on BB10. No App means no needs for people to answer phone calls or emails, no customers wanted to know why their app is so buggy after BB10.3.4 is released. They just want to be done with it.

Who's to say WhatsApp updated their app? Maybe all they did is added code to put a popup in when the end of the year nears.... Maybe they wanted to make sure the apps was good befroe shutting down the group responsible for the app.

Some developers don't mind just leaving an abandoned app in BBW, other want to be finished with it.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-01-16 03:56 PM
    + is there a place there BBW apps could be downloaded outside BBW?
    No place. I am afraid you will have to use an android version whether that be from Google Play or from another android app site, such as Aptoide. BBW has apps similar to Endomondo, such as CascaRun that you could look at.
    06-01-16 04:48 PM