Arghhh, this is so frustrating. It's been happening since I had the phone (and the 10.1 MR didn't fix it). When I'm on Phone Calls Only, the succeeds in being silent except for phone calls, but I want the LED to work for all incoming messages. No matter what settings I make inside Phone Calls Only, it will not go on.

So I decided to look around in Notifications, and I noticed that what is set there in NO WAY resembles what happens. I will post come screen shots now, but remember, when Phone Calls Only is set, the phone is silent except for phone calls, and there is no LED light, and there is no vibration -- ever.

Now look:

Why Don't Notifications Settings Resemble Reality One Bit???-img_00001122.png

Why Don't Notifications Settings Resemble Reality One Bit???-img_00001123.png

Why Don't Notifications Settings Resemble Reality One Bit???-img_00001124.png

In the first picture, main Notifications page, you can see Phone Calls Only is on. Note that Sound and LED are set to on. LED *never* works.

Now, focus on the second picture. My Phone. LED set to on. LED *never* works.

Most oddly, look at the third picture, for BBM. Sound on, LED on. Why on earth would Sound be on if I'm in Phone Calls Only mode. Obviously I don't want BBM sounds. Thankfully, it doesn't work, and there is no sound, so it works right for Phone Calls Only in this case. But why does it say Sound on in this mode, and if Sound is set to on, why doesn't it make a sound when I get a BBM??? Again, LED fails to work.

This is just a complete mess.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:37 PM
    Because when you turn on sound, you have to turn on each thingy. Or just hop onto ios 7 and die a painful iDeath

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:40 PM
    I don't understand what you mean. Sound overall is on (Notifications main page - first picture) and Sound in BBM is on. So shouldn't it make a sound???

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:47 PM
    I don't understand what you mean. Sound overall is on (Notifications main page - first picture) and Sound in BBM is on. So shouldn't it make a sound???

Posted via CB10
    It does

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:50 PM
    Not in Phone Only mode (nor should it).

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:55 PM
    Works for me.
    If you want I can pm you screen shots of my settings

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:51 AM
    That would be great. Please do.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    No because you have it on phone calls only. That's all you're going to get. No notifications of any type for anything else.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-02-13 09:09 AM
    I don't get it then. If the "name" of the profile (in this case "Phone Calls Only") can override all the settings in the profile, what is the point of all the settings?

Posted via CB10
    deiop likes this.
    10-02-13 09:53 AM
    I don't get it then. If the "name" of the profile (in this case "Phone Calls Only") can override all the settings in the profile, what is the point of all the settings?

Posted via CB10
    I think only "normal" is fully customizable. The other ones are just quick settings for when you want it for vibrate only or silent etc. I have it on normal with a lot of apps with no sound and certain email accounts silent also. If I need it to be completely silent, I choose silent and vibrate only I choose that. Then when I need to, I just hit normal again. I think it would be good to be able to create and save your own profiles like "in the office" or "outside"

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-02-13 04:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully all the problems you been having with your phone will go away when Tmobile releases 10.2. Hang in till then.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 04:27 PM