Seriously, since the last update - a month ago? - my Z30 simply never gets "noticed" by my Thinkpad. Today I spent almost an HOUR before I figured out that if I delete both USB Composite Device then force detection of new hardware it will finally re-install the drivers...

...so happily installed the latest blitz (2583), hoping it will fix my uber-slow Hub switching speed (ie when I click between accounts it takes seconds until it shows up)...

...only to be forced to do it again and again, every time when I disconnect and reconnect via USB.

It's f'n maddening now.
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    03-19-15 08:08 PM
    Buddy Ive gone through the same with the Z10. The issue spans multiple aspects and each of them needs to be resolved.
    a. Ensure you backup the device and use an autoloader to wipe and do a fresh install.
    b. Ensure that you uninstall BB Link / Blend / Desktop Manager software from the PC and restart it.
    c. Ensure you uninstall the BB drivers (normally named as device manage / peer manager etc) - just be careful that this does not affect other devices that might be using them. I did'nt use any other device hence I was quite chilled about uninstalling them.
    d. Delete the application rules that are set in the firewall / antivirus installed on the PC (normally firewall rules will be separate from the antivirus rules - mostly)
    e. Restart machine and install fresh BB link / Blend / Desktop Manager software. Then connect the installed device. 100% chance that it will go through successfully - if it worked earlier it will work now.

The issue lies in multiple rules stored under different software settings which conflict - and for the love of God - you wont be able to ever figure out what happened.

Hope it helps... took me about 3 hours to do this - and managed to get my device working like never before...
    Arabianhorse and chris8189 like this.
    03-20-15 02:31 AM
    I thought I was the only one...

Link and blend see my phone via wifi and mobile network but not when I plug it with with the USB. It makes the sound, opens link and says device is connected to computer on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 07:58 PM
    I have had the same problem and baffled why we have to go through such a painful process to have a computer detect my BB device. Is it an issue with how Link, the PC, firewall, anti-virus, or everything? And why is it so hard to fix Link to properly deal with all these interactions?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 09:48 AM
    My issue was the usb cable. Went through 3 cables until I found one that worked. My phone would charge with the others but my pc wouldn't recognize my q10.

In regards to your slowness, how much space do you have in storage? I moved about 4gb of videos and pic from my phone to a sd card and my phone is like new again in terms of speed. Before that I wanted to smash my phone into a wall many time because of how slow it would move.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:07 AM
    I have had the same problem and baffled why we have to go through such a painful process to have a computer detect my BB device. Is it an issue with how Link, the PC, firewall, anti-virus, or everything? And why is it so hard to fix Link to properly deal with all these interactions?
    Posted via CB10
    My firewall is the reason I didn't have blend for 6-8months. I just used Airdroid on my Blackberry's and couldn't really be bothered. I have never had a program on my computer not work because of Windows Defender so I never thought of it at the time. I sent my logs to the Blend Coordinator (yes i have his email) and he said he would look at it and never got back to me. So BlackBerry themselves didn't even know the problem with "Network Connection Error 34" which they should have.

Now the latest OS' took out my USB support lol. But i can't be bothered. I wasted so much time reinstalling BB software that i'm tired of doing it.
    03-22-15 10:10 AM
    If you can't get it to work, try using a USB Hub, worked for me when 10.3.0 first came out and had similar issues on my Z10

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-22-15 10:21 AM
    If you can't get it to work, try using a USB Hub, worked for me when 10.3.0 first came out and had similar issues on my Z10

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    if i can find one around the house i will try t thanks
    03-22-15 10:56 AM