Till this date I don't understand why BlackBerry doesn't advertise. They've been trying to get back to a stable position agreed but spending money on advertising is not something to be compromised with. I agree the devices BlackBerry currently have on their hand are not totally up to date but they have to start somewhere! Samsung is rolling out Edge based displays and BlackBerry is going retro with a SLIDER? I'd say BlackBerry needs some good branding and advertising. At least show it's existence to the normal user.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:30 AM
    My guess would be that it's very expensive to advertise in the consumer market. Chen is focusing on the enterprise sector.

Besides that, what would you advertise at the moment? As much as I love all BlackBerry devices, I think advertising these products would be contra productive at the moment, as they can't compete in the broad consumer market. Maybe they start with that when they can promise full Android support with all services included.

They advertise in the enterprise market. My company gets a lot ads. Mostly BES12 ads. Also a lot of enterprise magazines have BlackBerry ads.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:03 AM