the same way that Windows phone has, which is pretty handy when you get some annoying sales people keeping calling you over and over..
    Doggerz likes this.
    03-31-14 02:10 PM
    the same way that Windows phone has, which is pretty handy when you get some annoying sales people keeping calling you over and over..
    Put yourself on the DNC list....problem solved
    03-31-14 02:27 PM
    Because BlackBerry won't release needed APIs to software developers. It's a disgrace. Another example of something 7.1 could do that 10 can't. And don't listen to people say do not call list or call your carrier for each number. Or any other nonsense.

BlackBerry is to blame and people need to let the company know to get their thumb out of their collective asses and do something. Make this OS beat (or at least meet) anything they can do.

You're not alone man. Lots of people talking about this issue.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    03-31-14 02:38 PM
    Put yourself on the DNC list....problem solved
    it does not work..fact well known..

and At&t doesn't have that either....
    03-31-14 02:51 PM
    Because BlackBerry won't release needed APIs to software developers. It's a disgrace. Another example of something 7.1 could do that 10 can't. And don't listen to people say do not call list or call your carrier for each number. Or any other nonsense.

BlackBerry is to blame and people need to let the company know to get their thumb out of their collective asses and do something. Make this OS beat (or at least meet) anything they can do.

You're not alone man. Lots of people talking about this issue.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    it will come on overtime
    03-31-14 02:58 PM
    Yes blackberry really must work on those developer tools some more. I would really like call blocking

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:00 PM
    Well, as the carriers make money either from selling you a service to block numbers or make money when you respond, it is in their best interest that BlackBerry NOT include such a feature, and since BlackBerry is not YET in the position to tell the carriers to bugger off they have little or no incentive to include this. As for 3rd party apps, the only thing those do is keep your phone from indication that so and so called you. They do nothing on the network level. Personally, I would love to have an app that tells unknown callers to **** off and unblock their number, but as it is now, I just let it go to VM and delete the message. I wonder how many millions or free trips I have failed to claim because of it......
    03-31-14 03:41 PM
    Well, as the carriers make money either from selling you a service to block numbers or make money when you respond, it is in their best interest that BlackBerry NOT include such a feature, and since BlackBerry is not YET in the position to tell the carriers to bugger off they have little or no incentive to include this. As for 3rd party apps, the only thing those do is keep your phone from indication that so and so called you. They do nothing on the network level. Personally, I would love to have an app that tells unknown callers to **** off and unblock their number, but as it is now, I just let it go to VM and delete the message. I wonder how many millions or free trips I have failed to claim because of it......
    windows phone have that so there is no reason for Blackberry to include it..As I said before At&t doesn't have the block number...I was receiving a lots of call not related to my job..annoying. Any phone number that you get, someone else had it before.
    I don't remember if the note 3 had that feature..
    03-31-14 06:03 PM
    Phone call from contact only. Problem solved
    Why does OS 10 doesn't have blocked per phone number?-img_20140331_223359.png

Posted via CB10
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    03-31-14 09:34 PM
    Phone call from contact only. Problem solved
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140331_223359.png 
Views:	1362 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	259894

Posted via CB10
    ah! interesting. It is not everybody I have for contact in my phone. So a whole of peeps would have to be added. Could be kind of pain. As long as someone does not forget to integrate in his/her phone.
    I see one problem though; you call someone, no answer, you leave a message to call you back. In the meantime you have put that contact in your phone so when that person call back you answer it. Ok good, what if that business that you call from a specific number uses another line to call you back, then there is no chance to get that contract as you would never know that someone called you.

Verdict: Not that good. Problem not solved

Back to square one..Still need the feature to block the unwanted phone call.
    03-31-14 11:14 PM
    I would love to have the call blocking feature embedded into the OS like Samsung has in the Touch Wiz OS. It's part of the settings in the phone menu.

You can input the phone numbers you want to block and there is even a wild card function so you can block all of the 800,877 and 866 numbers.

Forget about adding your number to the DNC list, they still call you anyways. Remember that BlackBerry has to be better and have a more feature rich OS if you expect new users to come over?

I constantly see folks talking about how we used to do things. Forget it, that's why we are in our current position folks??? We have to think outside the box and be better then our competitors.

I here for the long haul and I preach the BlackBerry brand everywhere I go here in the USA, I only hope someone up there in Waterloo is reading these post and bringing some of the issues up in their weekly meetings? Only time will tell.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    04-01-14 04:59 AM
    There are a LOT of this threads, we are in 2014 right now is a disgrace we don't have a basic feature like this yet, blackberry gives a ****
    04-06-14 06:52 AM
    It's cause the carriers already offer this feature. At least in the us. So there is no point

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 09:06 AM
    It's cause the carriers already offer this feature. At least in the us. So there is no point

Posted via CB10
    I've checked Verizon in US, haven't seen that option. You can block some email from web settings, but expires after 90 days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-06-14 04:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    The world is more than just the USA. So there is a point. I for one would love this feature. It's a pain in the backside having unsolicited calls.
    MeerMusik likes this.
    04-06-14 04:50 PM
    The world is more than just the USA. So there is a point. I for one would love this feature. It's a pain in the backside having unsolicited calls.
    Exactly! Here in Germany, No Carrier Support this Feature. BlackBerry need to do something ASAP.

Via CB10 App / [email protected]
    04-07-14 04:11 AM
    I've checked Verizon in US, haven't seen that option. You can block some email from web settings, but expires after 90 days.

It was on their website when you log in. Don't know if it's still there

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:23 PM
    It was on their website when you log in. Don't know if it's still there

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, found it, but it does expire after 90 days and unless you pay $5.00 a month, limited to 5 numbers. Should be part of OS!

04-07-14 05:44 PM
    04-07-14 08:10 PM
    [QUOTE=LuayS;10218712]http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25793872

Boom

That app is email and text blocking only, no phonecalls
    03-26-15 07:48 AM