no coverage at all i the middle east

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 05:09 AM
    Do a Google search for Google Maps. maps.google.ca or maps.google.com

You can save a shortcut to the desktop. It installs itself with the mobile Google Maps icon.

You will see a notice indicating the Browser font size is not correct. Tap on dismiss. For some reason the Google Maps cannot verify the font size. When tapping on dismiss it works properly.

You can use the prompts at the top. You can use the prompts that the top to view traffic, satellite view, and etc. It is best to log in when using it. Once logged in it should remember the login. I found I have to use the + and - prompts for zooming. The finger gesture does not work with this version Google Maps. The phones GPS works very well with this link.

The Blackberry maps work well for me on the Z10, but lacks some features I really like.
    Well when I use version 12 I get a red exclamation point when I install it. Don't know what that means but I guess its reporting as error because it just crashes when I start it on my device.

So 14 and 12 are not working for me.
    02-15-13 05:16 AM
    Anyone transfer their OS6 BB maps favorite locations to BB10?
    02-15-13 07:52 AM
    BlackBerry maps has better traffic coverage than Google north of Toronto and into cottage country.

I'm happy.

Also side loaded Google.. so not sure what the problem is?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I may have posted in the wrong forum (sorry), but the traffic info on BB Maps has been terribly wrong for me (in the US). Has not reflected even severe jams around NYC (just checked again.) Does not appear to be live traffic - maybe "historic tendencies".

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-work-772459/
    02-15-13 04:22 PM
    Because there's better
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-15-13 04:28 PM
    How long has Tom Tom been around?

Any other phone makers use Tom Tom? Yup.
    They buy raw data from them. Companies have to code their own directions algorithms. Not a hard problem but it can be imperfect at first. I'm sure alot of tweaks are needed over time.
    02-15-13 04:30 PM
    They buy raw data from them. Companies have to code their own directions algorithms. Not a hard problem but it can be imperfect at first. I'm sure alot of tweaks are needed over time.
    RIM is licensing raw data from TomTom. The company that did Verizon's GPS software for BlackBerry is designing BB Maps. That's why it's missing a lot of features (basically barebones other than TTS and turn by turn navigation). I think they really need to integrate the features of BB traffic into the app and add some of other stuff, but there's a road map to improving maps. Hopefully we'll see updates sooner than later.
    tgvgk likes this.
    02-15-13 05:32 PM
    Complaint #1 - the traffic is just plain wrong - I have hit major traffic snarls around Toronto, Boston, and Rhode Island, and all was green....
    Complaint #2 - the load time is terrible - when panning to new regions on the map, it is over a minute to load, sometimes with a block undrawn in the middle
    Praise - directions were very good, and speedy
    I think I find Bing Maps on my Playbook the best traffic monitoring software for me. I would love to see it on my Z10.
    02-16-13 07:27 AM
    Google maps doesn't have traffic. At least not here in South Africa.. now it just needs to work. They should use bing.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 01:24 AM
    When testing out the maps application, I have found that a couple of times the route would show but the streets wouldn't. So all I get is a line on my screen with no visual indication of how many junctions I'd have to pass until I turned off.

Anyone else face this problem?

I had faced the same problem using Google maps on my old 9800 when the application wouldn't download the map data but had already worked out the route.
    02-17-13 05:05 AM
35 12