I used to be able to select a particular sender or subject and delete all prior messages from that sender or subject from the Hub *and* the Server.

After update to 10.3.2.440 it only deletes email messages from the Hub but leaves them on the Server.

Is there a way to make it delete from both?
    06-29-15 06:09 PM
    My regular deletion of emails is doing the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:53 AM
    In hub settings you have to tick delete on hub and server.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:37 AM
    In hub settings you have to tick delete on hub and server.

Posted via CB10
    This may be the case - but I don't want delete from hub and server to be the default action - so I have it set to prompt, so it asks me every time. It used to be that when I wanted to delete prior email messages it would prompt me and ask me if I wanted them deleted from the hub or deleted from the hub and server - now the only thing that comes up is "delete from the hub" along with the message "messages will remain on the server".
    Last edited by cbcj; 06-30-15 at 12:21 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    06-30-15 12:20 PM
    My regular deletion of emails is doing the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    you mean you're having the same issue as me?
    06-30-15 12:21 PM
    Delete Prior has always just deleted from the device. This has always been the case and was also the case on legacy BBOS.
    06-30-15 12:24 PM
    This may be the case - but I don't want delete from hub and server to be the default action - so I have it set to prompt, so it asks me every time. It used to be that when I wanted to delete prior email messages it would prompt me and ask me if I wanted them deleted from the hub or deleted from the hub and server - now the only thing that comes up is "delete from the hub" along with the message "messages will remain on the server".
    Actually, I just tried it - even if I go into the Hub settings and change the default action to "Hub and Server" when I go to delete prior messages in my email it still removes them only from the Hub.

So the "Delete Prior" functionality has changed.
    06-30-15 12:25 PM
    Delete Prior has always just deleted from the device. This has always been the case and was also the case on legacy BBOS.
    No. I've been using it for months and have witnessed it erase it from both the Hub and my actual email account.
    06-30-15 12:26 PM
    No. I've been using it for months and have witnessed it erase it from both the Hub and my actual email account.
    OK then they fixed it to what it should have been which is to just delete from the device.
    06-30-15 12:30 PM
    OK then they fixed it to what it should have been which is to just delete from the device.
    It now takes 2 steps to clean up your email - you have to do it separately on the phone, and then in your email account.

What reasons makes you consider this a "fix"? What is "wrong" or bad with deleting from Hub and email server that I'm missing?
    06-30-15 12:50 PM
    It now takes 2 steps to clean up your email - you have to do it separately on the phone, and then in your email account.

What reasons makes you consider this a "fix"? What is "wrong" or bad with deleting from Hub and email server that I'm missing?
    There isn't anything wrong with it but it's a fail safe approach in case someone accidentally deletes all their emails. Delete prior has always worked in this manner and that's what people are used to from the legacy days.
    06-30-15 10:03 PM
    There isn't anything wrong with it but it's a fail safe approach in case someone accidentally deletes all their emails. Delete prior has always worked in this manner and that's what people are used to from the legacy days.
    I understand what you're saying as far there's nothing inherently wrong with it, thank you for explaining it.

It's really bugging me because this is indeed NOT the way it worked for me and I've had my Z10 for about at least 8 months or so now...and previous to that I had my BB Bold 9000 for several years. It was a habit for me to clean up my emails from my phone (and server) while waiting in line, etc. Sometimes I'd do it at my desk for whatever reason and I'd actually see the emails disappear from my email account and Outlook.

arrggghhh

ETA: it just dawned on me - could it at all be a function of not using Exchange...the servers I'm referring to are AOL and Gmail email accounts.
    07-01-15 07:45 AM
    Most likely, this is a function of the email server type. I.E. BES, Activesync, POP, IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:27 AM
    Most likely, this is a function of the email server type. I.E. BES, Activesync, POP, IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    I only use IMAP...and haven't changed any settings on my end...it was only after upgrading to OS 10.3.2.440 that all of the sudden I started getting the message that it will delete email messages from the Hub but leave them on the server...that's why I'm thinking it's a BB OS thing...
    07-01-15 08:38 AM
    you mean you're having the same issue as me?
    On a couple of POP/IMAP accounts it is failing to delete from server altogether. And, the delete from server is enabled in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 06:59 AM