You do realize that a whole bunch of apps in BBW are Android ports, right?

And with latest BB10 they can't be deleted after loading.

And now BlackBerry is eliminating the Built for BlackBerry label so it's not easy to ascertain which are which.

I'll bet you have Android apps you didn't even know you had.

Posted via CB10
    I have exactly 2 Android apps. One is B4B certified and has been generally problem free. The other is the bundled Amazon app which is unresponsive, updates multiple times a month, throws off stupid notifications constantly and cannot be deleted through normal measures even without the recent bugged update.

I do know the difference between Android ports and true native apps. Also, I don't suffer from the uninstall bug because I don't install updates unless they are pushed through my carrier (and AT&T is always late but rarely buggy).

My attitude towards mobile is not to install ANY app if there is a viable work around. There's generally insufficient testing and too frequent updates. Therefore, I rarely need to delete apps because I only install ones I absolutely need as a last resort after a ton of research and usually testing on an old test handset.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 09:19 AM
    Product "Branding" has always been an integral part of marketing. Establishing a brand whether it be a phone, a blender, or beer instills expectations of a product and promotes customer loyalty to that product.
    That doesn't mean you have to fall for it.
    01-22-16 10:30 AM
    That doesn't mean you have to fall for it.
    When I think of Blackberry. I think of a phone running BBOS. Not a phone running some droid derivative. Personally, I will never touch any Blackberry running Android.
    01-22-16 10:47 AM
    01-22-16 11:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyMemes_2.PNG 
Views:	226 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	388670
    Then don't buy one. No need to bash it. Others seem quite pleased with it.

Get what you want and be happy. And it's ok to let others get what they want and be happy, too, even if they choose differently than you.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    Uzi and TLD1 like this.
    01-22-16 11:47 AM
    Totally Agree with you! I am happy for those users that are using Priv for their needs. No slights intended!
    01-22-16 11:53 AM
    Totally Agree with you! I am happy for those users that are using Priv for their needs. No slights intended!
    Trying to imagine if slights were intended.
    01-22-16 12:01 PM
    Ok, I fixed it! HahahaWhy does blackberry keep abandoning it's loyal users?-mymemes_3.png
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-22-16 12:38 PM
    I have exactly 2 Android apps. One is B4B certified and has been generally problem free. The other is the bundled Amazon app which is unresponsive, updates multiple times a month, throws off stupid notifications constantly and cannot be deleted through normal measures even without the recent bugged update.

I do know the difference between Android ports and true native apps. Also, I don't suffer from the uninstall bug because I don't install updates unless they are pushed through my carrier (and AT&T is always late but rarely buggy).

My attitude towards mobile is not to install ANY app if there is a viable work around. There's generally insufficient testing and too frequent updates. Therefore, I rarely need to delete apps because I only install ones I absolutely need as a last resort after a ton of research and usually testing on an old test handset.

Posted via CB10
    What app is android and built for BlackBerry?

Does not compute.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:10 PM
    For security system management, camera system monitoring, banking & more the passport is worthless without android runtime.
    01-22-16 03:35 PM
    What app is android and built for BlackBerry?

Does not compute.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. I was talking about an app which was obviously designed for Android originally, then re-engineered for BB10 with an Android look and Feel (New York Times Reader).

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 06:46 PM
    It's not sold as a user fixable phone. Your expectation isn't reasonable. No manufacturer would sell you parts to fix yourself. The same would happen with Apple, but may also get laughed at the idea.

Posted via CB10
    ???
    I did not ask Blackberry to sell me spare parts directly. Let's face it, it doesn't take rocket science to disassemble a blackberry device. I need assistance for my Passport and all they tried to do was trying to talk me into buying the PRIV.

- DO IT YOURSELF -
    original spare parts + disassemble passport
    BlackBerry Replacement Parts - ETrade Supply
    01-23-16 08:36 AM
    The full value of BlackBerry will abscont to china wiith JC...

As far as I'm concerned Blackberry has prostituted itself to Google. As such you should not expect any loyalty or fidelity from Blackberry, nor do they expect any from you.
    01-23-16 11:01 AM
    ???
    I did not ask Blackberry to sell me spare parts directly. Let's face it, it doesn't take rocket science to disassemble a blackberry device. I need assistance for my Passport and all they tried to do was trying to talk me into buying the PRIV.

- DO IT YOURSELF -
    original spare parts + disassemble passport
    BlackBerry Replacement Parts - ETrade Supply
    It sounds like you're mad they didn't google search for you. If they don't have an authorized repair center, they probably can't refer you to a third party repair center or else you'll claim they are liable if that company screwed up the repair or ripped you off. A lot of "original parts" are sold out the back door or outright counterfeit. Some FCC part15 devices are sold specifically "without user serviceable parts". If they don't have repair instructions in their public manuals, they don't have responsibility to do what you're asking.

I repeat, "Your expectation isn't reasonable." Given that you could just google the solution in seconds, makes it sound like, well, nevermind.
    01-23-16 11:26 PM
    I think it's time to find a newer thread to beat dead horses in...
    01-24-16 12:03 AM
65 123