Think of it this way.

BlackBerry is still updating BlackBerry Z10 released in 2013 February, with more updates coming in 2016.

Samsung, on the other hand, will not be releasing the latest Android M to their S4, released the same time as the Z10.

As for Windows phones, the first legacy Windows phones (1020, 920) released around the same time as the Z10 are buggy with the latest Windows 10 mobile update (I know it is not official update).

As for IPhone 5 related at the same time as the Z10, many users are reporting slow downs with the latest IOS 9 update. Apple is not much better than Samsung in that they don't do the extra work of optimizing the update for the older hardware.

So in that sense, I think BlackBerry is doing pretty well. BlackBerry 10 OS is very consistent from the oldest Z10 to the newest Passport.

Many Android manufacturers, especially Samsung, barely support their phone for two years.

Posted via CB10
    Well said. Blackberry is the ONLY mobile phone manufacturer who consistently updates their phones with software that IMPROVES their performance. It's cost them money, because they don't drive customers to buy new phones by forcibly upgrading them to a bloated OS (Apple) or simply abandoning them to obsolescence (Android).

Blackberry phones have always lasted 3-5 years with proper handling. No one else can claim anything close.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 08:07 PM
    Well said. Blackberry is the ONLY mobile phone manufacturer who consistently updates their phones with software that IMPROVES their performance. It's cost them money, because they don't drive customers to buy new phones by forcibly upgrading them to a bloated OS (Apple) or simply abandoning them to obsolescence (Android).

Blackberry phones have always lasted 3-5 years with proper handling. No one else can claim anything close.

Posted via CB10
    Improves? You can no longer properly delete Android apps with the latest update. Let's not get carried away. The other operating systems have been around much longer and need less tweaking.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 06:29 AM
    The biggest mistake that BlackBerry made was that when they realized that they needed to redo the operating system and getting it to market was about 2 years and in that time both Apple and Google took over and app developers jumped ship. It was arrogance of the previous executives to think that they could go 2 years between between OS's and phones and still maintain there market share.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    I agree +1000 x 1000%.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 06:37 AM
    Nothing personal it's all business.
    JeepBB and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-21-16 06:45 AM
    BlackBerry is sorry for your losses and they want you to know that that is all in the past and you can trust them this time with the Priv and Android.
    StephanieMaks, JeepBB and Vistaus like this.
    01-21-16 07:01 AM

Or perhaps they simply don't add new features as often.
    01-21-16 07:09 AM
    BlackBerry is sorry for your losses and they want you to know that that is all in the past and you can trust them this time with the Priv and Android.
    NOT!

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-21-16 07:45 AM
    Improves? You can no longer properly delete Android apps with the latest update. Let's not get carried away. The other operating systems have been around much longer and need less tweaking.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have that update, since it hasn't been pushed to AT&T. I was speaking generally about the improvements from 10.0 to 10.3.

Also, at this point, anyone who wants Android apps should be looking for their next phone of choice. Personally, that has no impact on me as I don't run Android apps on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 07:48 AM
    Why advertise something that will fail to meet the expectations of many who buy it? Surely BlackBerry has BB10 device return rate data from all the major carriers, likely indicating the returns were too high for the carriers' tastes.

So if you're BlackBerry you do the only thing left. Don't advertise. Save that $$$. Instead focus on selling to the loyal die hards to whom you don't have to advertise at all. Get off the BB10 phone inventory that way. Move to Android and see how that goes.
    I can see your point but when I hear constantly from people who see my Z30 and ask "what's that?" and I go through the "it's a BlackBerry " and then hear most commonly: I didn't know they still made phones, let alone touch screens, then that comes down to poor marketing of the BB10 platform and the devices, which really is a shame.
    True, BlackBerry were late to catch on to touchscreens and the BB10 platform was immature when first released but that was down to arrogance in assuming everyone would only ever want PKBs .
    It's a pity we are all going to be forced down the Android or iOs route at some stage in the future as for me, BB10 is a great platform.
    As long as I can keep my Z30 and it gives me what I need then I'll be happy enough.

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    01-21-16 08:04 AM
    now compare the Passport's success to the Priv's success
    The Priv's success or failure is yet to be seen.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-21-16 08:13 AM
    Yes, definitely ... sales of Priv are a global success, great stuff!! ......
    01-21-16 08:23 AM
    I can see your point but when I hear constantly from people who see my Z30 and ask "what's that?" and I go through the "it's a BlackBerry " and then hear most commonly
    Same here. I demoed my BB phones many times to co-workers, friends and family since 2009. No one -- no one single person -- ever bought one. Though at times they feigned interest, yes.
    01-21-16 12:32 PM
    I can give you 1 reason : Their support really sucks. I bought the Passport (new simlock free). After 14 months my device needed repair. I asked support to help me with spare parts. We are sorry sir, we can't help you. Any advice on how to proceed? You could buy the PRIV .? !...
    Always been a BB fan. Have several devices. The way they treated me HURTS. Took a while to get over it ..... I bought a Windows phone.
    It's not sold as a user fixable phone. Your expectation isn't reasonable. No manufacturer would sell you parts to fix yourself. The same would happen with Apple, but may also get laughed at the idea.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 02:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let's not get carried away. That's an unfortunate bug, he was talking about features.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 03:02 PM
    Chenocide!

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    01-21-16 03:03 PM
    Here's an analogy: When prisons are built there's an understanding between those financing the prisons and law enforcement that there will be occupied prison cells. The same can be said for BB and all the wireless carriers that have now signed on to offer the phone. Supply and Demand 101 leans largely in favor of the Priv being a success,if and when BB creates a marketing budget for the Priv and other Android phones it'll be game over.
    That argument would predict the success of BB10 by the same logic

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 03:06 PM
    That argument would predict the success of BB10 by the same logic
    Precisely
    And BB10 was not successful. Following that logical line leads us to the conclusion that the Priv will not be, either.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-21-16 04:50 PM
    That's the way the technology industry works. Older products EOL and new ones come out to replace the old.

Sometimes the older versions of things are better, sometimes not.

American Motors Corporation is a good example of what happens to a company that clings to the past.
    01-21-16 09:34 PM
    They aren't!!!!!! http://berryflow.com/2016/01/blackbe...to-excellence/
    Why does blackberry keep abandoning it's loyal users?-img_20160121_221959.png

Posted from My ‎Z🔟Or My‎ 🆕‎ Priv‎
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-21-16 10:21 PM
    BlackBerry Priv just made the Forbes List for Smartphones! So BlackBerry isn't going anywhere folks.

01-21-16 10:23 PM
    BlackBerry Priv just made the Forbes List for Smartphones! So BlackBerry isn't going anywhere folks.

That doesn't translate into saless necessarily. Z30 and Passport also were highly regarded.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 11:09 PM
    I don't have that update, since it hasn't been pushed to AT&T. I was speaking generally about the improvements from 10.0 to 10.3.

Also, at this point, anyone who wants Android apps should be looking for their next phone of choice. Personally, that has no impact on me as I don't run Android apps on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that a whole bunch of apps in BBW are Android ports, right?

And with latest BB10 they can't be deleted after loading.

And now BlackBerry is eliminating the Built for BlackBerry label so it's not easy to ascertain which are which.

I'll bet you have Android apps you didn't even know you had.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 11:18 PM
    As far as I'm concerned Blackberry has prostituted itself to Google. As such you should not expect any loyalty or fidelity from Blackberry, nor do they expect any from you.
    01-22-16 05:59 AM
    As far as I'm concerned Blackberry has prostituted itself to Google. As such you should not expect any loyalty or fidelity from Blackberry, nor do they expect any from you.
    This has always been the case. Why should you feel any sense of loyalty to any company? They don't feel any sense of loyalty to you individually or collectively. Their first priority is to do whatever it takes to be profitable. If that means BlackBerry trying to sell off remaining inventory of BB10 phones even though BB10 is in maintenance and phase-out mode, that's what they'll do.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    01-22-16 08:28 AM
    Product "Branding" has always been an integral part of marketing. Establishing a brand whether it be a phone, a blender, or beer instills expectations of a product and promotes customer loyalty to that product.
    01-22-16 08:49 AM
65 123