I need the ability to add notes to a call! It was available in OS 7, but not BB10. I'm very disappointed with this, and also that the call log only lasts for 30 days!

Used to be able to use my BlackBerry 9900 as proof of billing and tracking history. Unfortunately now, BB10 has actually less business functionality for me.

Posted via CB10
    Call notes are right there on the call screen?

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141019_074123.png  
    10-19-14 01:41 AM
    FIXED
    on 10.3.1.821, call details are much improved. You can now view call details from the hub. Though.. you still can't add notes to pre existing calls

Try this: on 10.3.0.1418 and 10.3.1.821 (or 800)
    Go to hub > calls > overflow > search > enter phone number = full call history with the number including details

tap on the call:
    10.3.0.1418= opens prompt to call (no way to view the call details or add notes etc)
    10.3.1.821= call details (no way to add new notes)
    10-19-14 02:05 AM
    For 10.3.1, what we would like to know is does the complete call history (date/time/duration) remain available in the Call Log for both contacts and non-contacts, for perpetuity / ongoing rather than be limited to a recent time frame. We won't know until a few weeks go by, and 10.3.1 users verify that is the case. Yes, we see what you are saying, but to us it seems very similar to before (what was it? 30 day limit with FULL details in call log and PARTIAL details going back farther in Contacts App > Activity tab?)

We would like FULL (date / time / duration) info for all calls, contact and non-contact, available for the entire call history over extended time periods. To this point (10.2.1 for sure, and possibly 10.3) that is not the case. It appears some positive changes come in 10.3.1, but let's build some call logs over two months and then see!

As to the Call Notes - has that changed in 10.3.1? Yes, we know you can take a note while in a call, but it goes to Remember App, and is in no way connected to the particular call you were on when you made it, and is NOT available or evident in the Call Log or Contact History. It WAS part of the Call Log / tied to the call in BBOS and you could continue the note following hanging up and even decide to START a note following hang-up. You cannot do these things in BB10 (to this point). We are saying we desire the Call Note performance of BBOS returned to us in BB10.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    BroncoVAL and thedose like this.
    10-19-14 02:40 AM
    Great stuff. Now if only more than 30 days of history could be kept on call log that would be brilliant. And I don't mean cluttering the hub with 1 year worth of logs, but activity tab in contact app should be able to handle that.

So what the activity tab now look like in the newest leak?
    10-19-14 02:41 AM
    P.S. I concur with wojt7, maybe in the Hub isn't the place so as to limit the memory impact, and while Contacts App > Activity Tab meets need for contacts, still need this info for non-contacts, too. Call App is the place for it. (FWIW - I don't show calls in my Hub, I have too many.)

10-19-14 02:46 AM
    And that of course is completely useless. It doesn't show the time the call was placed or duration!

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    That's definitely a big issue and I once made a thread about phone call register: someone said he called me 3-4 times the day before and I couldn't see if he called me all day long or placed those calls in a few minutes gap.
    A professional phone should have a very detailed phone call register, I don't understand how BB10 can settle for such a poor phone call register (even my Sony-Ericsson from 2004 has a more intuitive and detailed phone app!)
    That has to be improved asap!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:53 AM
    P.S. I concur with wojt7, maybe in the Hub isn't the place so as to limit the memory impact, and while Contacts App > Activity Tab meets need for contacts, still need this info for non-contacts, too. Call App is the place for it. (FWIW - I don't show calls in my Hub, I have too many.)

The hub is the place for it. But calls should only show in the calls filter.

I honestly couldn't tell you about the 30 day limit - I didn't restore settings last time around so I only have ~ a week of calm logs.

Please read what I wrote.. or here, I'll write it again.
    2 drawbacks.
    1) you can't view do it from them phone app (bbos let you open the phone app and view call history, which would take you to the messages(hub) to show all the call details and notes.
    2) you can only add notes during the call, not afterwards.

And a possible third, which would be the bigfest imo (but I can't confirm) = 30 day limit

But as of 10.3.1.821 you CAN view THE FULL SUMMARY of all calls with number X.
    - Open the call section of the hub and search for the caller. From there you can NOW (you couldn't before) both view all calls with the number (whether they are a contact or not) AND view call details, can't add notes though.
    10-19-14 02:55 AM
    Nah.uhh - right! I was responding to your post of that same info. What remains to be seen us will it continue past the current time limit for full details. Did you see my long post just a few minutes ago? Addressed everything you just re-stated, including call notes.

nah.uhh likes this.
    10-19-14 03:00 AM
    For 10.3.1, what we would like to know is does the complete call history (date/time/duration) remain available in the Call Log for both contacts and non-contacts,
    YES, search the call section of the hub on 821. Full details are available (every call ever made with the number including duration etc)

As to the Call Notes - has that changed in 10.3.1? Yes, we know you can take a note while in a call, but it goes to Remember App, and is in no way connected to the particular call you were on when you made it, and is NOT available or evident in the Call Log or Contact History. It WAS part of the Call Log / tied to the call in BBOS and you could continue the note following hanging up and even decide to START a note following hang-up. You cannot do these things in BB10 (to this point). We are saying we desire the Call Note performance of BBOS returned to us in BB10.

Correct. On 821, I don't see any way to add a note AFTER a call.

And I'm not sure how far back the log goes, as I didn't restore last time around.
    DocDRM likes this.
    10-19-14 03:02 AM
    Okay - looks like we're responding at the same time! And talking over each other!

Keep making and taking calls and we'll we'll know in a few weeks! I want a massive call log!

P.S. All: my new Passport is opened and charged and played with, but Wi-Fi only as I still need to get to AT&T for a nano Sim. Maybe tomorrow.

nah.uhh and thedose like this.
    10-19-14 03:05 AM
    Nah.uhh - right! I was responding to your post of that same info. What remains to be seen us will it continue past the current time limit for full details. Did you see my long post just a few minutes ago? Addressed everything you just re-stated, including call notes.

Did you see my post above your long post? Addressed everything you just restated :P

But yea, no idea on how far back the log goes yet, but details are finally accessible in bulk via the hub...
    minus notes.. also can't tap and hold on a call and "search caller", you have to manually search the name or number
    DocDRM likes this.
    10-19-14 03:06 AM
    Okay - looks like we're responding at the same time! And talking over each other!

Keep making and taking calls and we'll we'll know in a few weeks! I want a massive call log!

P.S. All: my new Passport is opened and charged and played with, but Wi-Fi only as I still need to get to AT&T for a nano Sim. Maybe tomorrow.

Ahah lmao yeaman no worries. Will do. Meet you back here nov 13th for classic launch

*and now back to your regular scheduled programing*
    10-19-14 03:09 AM
    Is anyone satisfied with the current Call Notes implementation? Can you see the value in notes being directly connected to the actual call during which they were made? Can y'all understand the need to create a Call Note after hanging up?

Try adding notes during a call, actually hang up on the call (not let the other guy hang up) while continuing to add notes after the call is complete. Can't be done! Not on 10.2.1 anyway, because "add call note" simply invokes the Remember app inside the Call App, you can't get back the the dial screen to hang up w/o exiting the Remember App. Maybe I'm an odd user, but I usually have more to add to the call notes I'm taking after the call is over. Sometimes the other user's "hang-up" doesn't properly disconnect the line, so you're stuck!

nah.uhh likes this.
    10-19-14 03:18 AM
    Someone can start another thread about call notes. This one is in regards to call history in BB10. Thanks to nah.uhh, we have an answer, and it's quite well done to be honest:

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141019_114902.png

Double-tapping any of the entries bring up details:

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141019_114917.png

What remains to be seen is if the log will go back further than 30 days. It seems everyone started fresh with their PP's, giving us only a little over 3 weeks of call logs. Satisfied, crazigee & sackharry?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    nah.uhh and thedose like this.
    10-19-14 10:57 AM
    Someone can start another thread about call notes. This one is in regards to call history in BB10. Thanks to nah.uhh, we have an answer, and it's quite well done to be honest:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_114902.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	307310

Double-tapping any of the entries bring up details:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_114917.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	307311

What remains to be seen is if the log will go back further than 30 days. It seems everyone started fresh with their PP's, giving us only a little over 3 weeks of call logs. Satisfied, crazigee & sackharry?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    Very satisfied. I concur that the history should be several months long. It's a minuscule amount of data to store.

Thanks for the clear responses guys.

10-19-14 10:31 PM
    What bugs me most is that it does only keep calls for up to a months.

I use it also as kind of a log to remind me of unfinished jobs, and sometimes you need more than four weeks. People can be slack or go on holidays....

Please BBRY, I'd like to be able to set the cut-off time myself....

Two months or minimum six weeks. Thanks!

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    10-20-14 06:06 AM
    Agreed - among the other things suggested here, the bottom line is that BlackBerry users want options - lots of them. This is what made the older OS's so great - more and more are being migrated to BB10 but even more would be better. Please BlackBerry, more options!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:11 AM
    Agreed - among the other things suggested here, the bottom line is that BlackBerry users want options - lots of them. This is what made the older OS's so great - more and more are being migrated to BB10 but even more would be better. Please BlackBerry, more options!
    Absolutely. Now that some days have passed since I last posted in this thread, I see the 30-day window moving, so it no longer coincides with my OS update; that was just a coincidence.

I'd say 90 days storage should be a minimum, and if there has to be a maximum it should be no less than a year.
    DocDRM likes this.
    10-20-14 07:28 AM
    With all the call log improvements, seems BlackBerry removed the "touch anywhere to silent"
    Have to tap the mute upon to silence
    a phone call now..
    10-20-14 09:28 AM
    With all the call log improvements, seems BlackBerry removed the "touch anywhere to silent"
    Have to tap the mute upon to silence
    a phone call now..
    On my Z10 I can mute by hitting one of the volume buttons while a call is incoming. Does that at least still work?

10-20-14 09:31 AM
    On my Z10 I can mute by hitting one of the volume buttons while a call is incoming. Does that at least still work?

Hope so, I'll post back when I get another call.

I really liked being able to tap the screen to mute calls quickly /effortlessly.
    I understand that it could be a problem for people missing calls, muting the phone in their pocket etc. I don't mind the default function changing, but I want the option to tap screen to mute calls (I'll enable it myself)
    10-20-14 10:25 AM
    I just tried muting me z10 on a call by hitting the middle volume button which is the mute button. Worked just like it always has.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:55 AM
    Hope so, I'll post back when I get another call.

I really liked being able to tap the screen to mute calls quickly /effortlessly.
    I understand that it could be a problem for people missing calls, muting the phone in their pocket etc. I don't mind the default function changing, but I want the option to tap screen to mute calls (I'll enable it myself)
    Agreed. When you're sleeping just taping anywhere on the screen is a lot easier than fumbling around for the volume keys or hitting the tiny mute button on the screen. Why do BB insist on removing good features? It seems BlackBerry are two steps forward one step back.

nah.uhh likes this.
    10-20-14 10:55 AM
    I don't remember ever being able to just tap the screen to mute a call.
    I have always either used my headset mute button or the mute button on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:06 AM
    I don't remember ever being able to just tap the screen to mute a call.
    I have always either used my headset mute button or the mute button on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    He's talking about muting the ringer whole a call is incoming. I think you're taking about the mute function while you're on a call (as in turning off the mic so the people on the other end don't hear what you're saying).

Yup just checked and on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 you can definitely mute the ringer by tapping the screen.

10-20-14 11:10 AM
163 ... 4567