Ok in my Passport under the phone app I have a complete list of all my incoming and outgoing calls including missed calls. Each entry has a drop-down menu where you can access additional information including length of call. It is all there just perhaps not presented exactly they way you would want it.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:48 PM
    Ok in my Passport under the phone app I have a complete list of all my incoming and outgoing calls including missed calls. Each entry has a drop-down menu where you can access additional information including length of call. It is all there just perhaps not presented exactly they way you would want it.

Posted via CB10
    This is not exactly what the post is about. Although we touched on phone app as it got some improvement over 10.2 which is very welcome.

Call history as user nah.uhh wants it is now in Contact app - activity tab. What's the 2 problems with that? It's useless. It doesn't show exact time the call was made and it doesn't show call duration. What's more it only shows up 30 days of call history which is not good enough on a business phone.
    It seems this has not been changed in 10.3.0 and is as bad as it was in 10.2.1.

I would be very interested to hear from folks running 10.3.1. What the activity tab look like in that rev.? Any changes?
    10-17-14 06:23 PM
    I realize that it's way too much trouble for most of you, but just open up your monthly cell phone bill and every bit of information that you want is right there for you to see. You can even do it from your BB Smartphone!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-17-14 06:59 PM
    Nice this is starting to calm down and sort out.

I still think it's weird that in the Call App, long press gets you menu/info button, but in the Contacts / Activity Tab a long press/release on the numbers (expecting a menu here/more info +other appropriate choices) gets you routed to the dialer and an immediate call is placed.

All said, I appreciate the old school BBOS completeness of how this was handled so cleanly and all in one place, with an entire history EVEN if the # wasn't a contact.

My biggest request in all this would be for Call Notes directly attached to the number in history and ability to add call notes after hanging up (all BBOS capabilities). Add a "pinch to focus" to see all calls with notes the same way the Priority Hub pinch works. Why? I need to take down part numbers, or need to jot numbers down from referrals, etc. and connected to the Call History creates a great breadcrumb trail.
    BB10 call notes, pushed over to Remember, don't "Self connect" to the call /contact / number, opens in the phone app so if you want to keep typing in the note you can't get back to the dial screen to hang up or use the dial pad (key tone use), you have to save the Remember note, hang up, go to the Remember App, find and open then choose to edit the note! SO disconnected! For all of this I'm on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247.

Wouldn't go back to 9900, but daamn it was sensible and complete!

P.S. Passport arrived about an hour ago, still boxed. Feeling like a kid on Christmas morning! Maybe I should only allow myself to open it after I dust, vacuum, mop? And sweep the porch, clean the bathroom, kitchen . . . .

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Last edited by DocDRM; 10-17-14 at 07:57 PM.
    10-17-14 07:11 PM
    Or access the Calls section from the Hub.
    10-17-14 07:48 PM
    Why is there not menu continuity between long pressing a number in the Calls tab via Hub and long pressing a number in the Calls App? Intuitive thing would be for the same items in both menus, or am I missing something? Why the different menu choices?

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-17-14 07:56 PM
    You really would think that for BlackBerry who claim to be productivity based and for the business user would get the basic right. Things like a proper call log and contact list.

A call log is very important for the business user. I need to be to go back the end of the week note when I called a certain person and how long I spent talking to them. How about expense reports for long distance or international calls? Going through my cell phone bill at the end of the month, and someone suggested here, is crazy.

Come on BlackBerry. Get your act together with the basics. These were things that BBOS already had. You need to "keep moving" but forward, not back.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-17-14 08:12 PM
    The exact date and time listed under the phone call log and the duration is under the drop-down. I too need to track call dates and times for billing different clients and that is where I get the information. It is all there for you

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:56 PM
    I realize that it's way too much trouble for most of you, but just open up your monthly cell phone bill and every bit of information that you want is right there for you to see. You can even do it from your BB Smartphone!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    Blasphemy!

The next thing you'll tell us is that we shouldn't complain that our phones can't cook us breakfast and make us coffee in the morning.

Everyone here knows full well that BlackBerry dropped the ball big time when it didn't include a 100% baby seal leather pouch, a synthetic artificial intelligence companion app powered by a quantum processor and enough servos an actuators o enable our BB10 devices to cook, clean and carry out all our chores daily.

The nerve of this guy.

/sarcasm

Posted via CB10
    misterabrasive likes this.
    10-17-14 11:07 PM
    Blasphemy!

The next thing you'll tell us is that we shouldn't complain that our phones can't cook us breakfast and make us coffee in the morning.

Everyone here knows full well that BlackBerry dropped the ball big time when it didn't include a 100% baby seal leather pouch, a synthetic artificial intelligence companion app powered by a quantum processor and enough servos an actuators o enable our BB10 devices to cook, clean and carry out all our chores daily.

The nerve of this guy.

/sarcasm

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't the iPhone do that with an app?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:51 AM
    I'm using the Passport, 10.3.0.1418.

My call history goes back to September 17, which is when I did a non-restore autoloader install on my Q10.

I have many calls to or from my daughter. If there's more than one in a day, with no other calls in between, I see "Daughter (3)" and her number in the history for that day. If I then do long press and choose "View Call Details" I get the time and duration of each call, or whether it was cancelled before connecting. If I go to a different day in the call history and long press her name again, and then choose call details again, I get only the details for that day's calls. If there are, say, three calls in a row to or from her, then a call from someone else, then two more calls from her, the history screen will show:

Daughter (3) ... time
    Number

SomeoneElse ... time
    Number

Daughter (2) ... time
    Number

It won't bundle the two series of calls from my daughter into "Daughter (5)", but the duration of any call can be obtained by long press and "View Call Details".
    But what about someone that's not a contact?

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-18-14 09:07 AM
    I know about that but it doesn't give precise details and is usually missing calls.. for eg I called a # a few times this week, checked call details and only shows 1 call

Posted via CB10
    You may want to go to the contact & look at the activity tab. It's all there.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:19 AM
    You may want to go to the contact & look at the activity tab. It's all there.

Posted via CB10
    No it isn't. Where do you see the call time or duration for the calls placed on October 8th?

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_104631.png

nah.uhh and DocDRM like this.
    10-18-14 09:41 AM
    They are right here under my phone app on my Passport. Perhaps 10.2 did not have this feature?

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141018_083101.png
    Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141018_083112.png

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-18-14 10:33 AM
    They are right here under my phone app on my Passport. Perhaps 10.2 did not have this feature?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141018_083112.png 
Views:	372 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	306993

Posted via CB10
    Notice this only groups details of consecutive calls..
    10-18-14 10:45 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141018_083101.png 
Views:	360 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	306992

Posted via CB10
    What was the duration of your call to Michael Karpes on October 17th?

What I'm suggesting is that BlackBerry should allow you to long tap on a name or phone number in the phone app and then hit the "i" button to get a detailed history including date, time, and duration. And it should go back several months at least.

10-18-14 11:14 AM
    As others have said this is fixed in 10.3.

I missed this too.

It's a new OS and they are slowly refining it. Expect for little things like this to keep rolling in with each update.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-18-14 02:59 PM
    But what about someone that's not a contact?

Posted via CB10
    Same thing, except it only shows the number, no name. It bundles adjacent calls from the number and shows how many in parentheses. Long press to see the times and durations. I don't remember if this was missing in previous OS versions but it seems to work fine now.
    10-18-14 03:12 PM
    As others have said this is fixed in 10.3.
    If it has been I have yet to see a screen shot showing it.

It's a new OS and they are slowly refining it. Expect for little things like this to keep rolling in with each update.
    It really isn't that new. It's coming on two years old now. And this is a basic function they should have had right on the first release.

10-18-14 03:23 PM
    I need the ability to add notes to a call! It was available in OS 7, but not BB10. I'm very disappointed with this, and also that the call log only lasts for 30 days!

Used to be able to use my BlackBerry 9900 as proof of billing and tracking history. Unfortunately now, BB10 has actually less business functionality for me.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-18-14 05:29 PM
    I can access that info by clicking on the down arrow next to the entry. Easy peasy

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 05:50 PM
    I can get the call duration from all incoming and outgoing calls since I started using this phone, including numbers not in my contact list.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-18-14 05:56 PM
    I can get the call duration from all incoming and outgoing calls since I started using this phone, including numbers not in my contact list.

Posted via CB10
    Could you please post a screen shot so that we can see?

10-18-14 11:03 PM
    I have already posted screen shots. I was able to confirm on my hubby's Q10 that he does not get the same information as I get on my Passport. I have shared all I can and it doesn't seem to be helping so I am done here. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:46 PM
    I need the ability to add notes to a call! It was available in OS 7, but not BB10. I'm very disappointed with this, and also that the call log only lasts for 30 days!

Used to be able to use my BlackBerry 9900 as proof of billing and tracking history. Unfortunately now, BB10 has actually less business functionality for me.

Posted via CB10
    That's weird! ! I'm on 10.2.1 & I have been having notes for calls since 10.1

There is a note button when you are on the call just tap on it & you can type a note in.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:08 AM
163 ... 34567