Thanks Warlack. There is some improvement indeed here. I think Crazigee will agree.
    For yesterday's call you are getting all the details while on 10.2 it would only say 'yesterday' without a exact time the call was placed.
    Wouldn't you mind doing the same but for a call placed last week for example. Would it have same detail displayed? Exact Time and duration of call. Cheers
    10-17-14 11:21 AM
    It has been done quite nifty:

Here you see all the calls of the day.

Attachment 306724

And when there have been several calls in a short time frame, they get bundled

Attachment 306725

This way your whole history is not tool cluttered

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Warlak.

Everything that is important is clearly listed in the second image. And that is exactly what all of us are looking for in terms of a detailed history.

The problem is that after a day some of that disappears (at least it does on 10.2.1). Maybe you can continue calling that number and repost the screen grab in another day or two so that we can see if it has been truly corrected on 10.3.

A quick question for you. Do you get the same details for someone that isn't saved in your contact list?

Thanks for your response.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-17-14 11:23 AM
    Thanks Warlack, that's exactly what I was looking for (and what almost every poster in this thread left out when posting their screenshots)

Much appreciated!

I guess it's the passport for me
    10-17-14 11:27 AM
    Thanks Warlack, that's exactly what I was looking for (and what almost every poster in this thread left out when posting their screenshots)

Much appreciated!

I guess it's the passport for me
    My only question is whether that level details disappears after a couple days and whether it is only for people saved as contacts.

thedose likes this.
    10-17-14 11:34 AM
    I have the detailed info on every call for the last month (yes, the calls I made on my Q10 before migrating to the Passport came too), I don't see a way to save for longer than a month, however.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:45 AM
    I have the detailed info on every call for the last month (yes, the calls I made on my Q10 before migrating to the Passport came too), I don't see a way to save for longer than a month, however.

Posted via CB10
    How can you have it for your Q10 if this was something fixed with Passport and. 10.3?

10-17-14 11:47 AM
    You have all the information available. It is just put away to make it easy to scroll through.

As I posted earlier: I use an app called "Call Notes" to keep all my call history.

I regularly load the latest leaks and therefore lose my whole history.

I am with O2 UK and am also using the Tugo app, which allows you to have phone and sms functionality on 5 devices.
    Therefore my call history is stored with O2 and I see the contact names instead of just the number.

All I need is an app that saves my sms to the calendar and I would be a happy chappy.

The one thing I don't like is a the following:
    Instead of opening the dial pad and be able to look for a contact by pressing the numbers, corresponding to the letters, you have to go to contacts.... but It's not a big deal breaker

Posted via CB10
    crazigee likes this.
    10-17-14 11:48 AM
    The one thing I don't like is a the following:
    Instead of opening the dial pad and be able to look for a contact by pressing the numbers, corresponding to the letters, you have to go to contacts.... but It's not a big deal breaker
    So this detailed information is only available for numbers saved in your contact list?

Why does everything have to so complicated with BlackBerry? Not every number is saved in one's contact list.

You should just be able to long tap the number in the phone app, tap the "i" info button, and get a whole list of all the calls placed to or received from that number, with date, time, and duration.

DocDRM likes this.
    10-17-14 12:01 PM
    Cool that would mean one of the issues is sorted in Phone app. Still two questions stand unanswered.
    Q1. Going to Contact app and checking your activity tab. How does that look? What's the level of detail? Is time and duration displayed even going back a couple of days.
    Q2. How far back in history can you go in activity tab? Still only 30 days?
    I realise Q2 might not get answered by new Passport owners, but maybe somebody with the leak installed on older phones could check It out for us.
    10-17-14 12:06 PM
    Cool that would mean one of the issues is sorted in Phone app.
    I'm not sure it is. It seems level of detail is by going to the activity tab in the contact list, not through the phone app itself.

10-17-14 12:11 PM
    So this detailed information is only available for numbers saved in your contact list?

Why does everything have to so complicated with BlackBerry? Not every number is saved in one's contact list.

You should just be able to long tap the number in the phone app, tap the "i" info button, and get a whole list of all the calls placed to or received from that number, with date, time, and duration.

I meant dialling a contact like on android...

This works for ALL calls you made/received

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:14 PM
    I presume what's on Warlack screen captures is the Phone app view, and not Contacts app.
    10-17-14 12:17 PM
    OP. You have to use the phone app to get call details for a non contact. Can't do it through the hub/calls.

But yeah I think BBOS had more detail.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:22 PM

I don't know what people are talking about....

When you press the "i" info button, it ONLY shows calls from the current day.
    It does NOT show all calls from that number, under ANY circumstances.
    There is NO way to view all call info for a specific number, only all call info for THAT DAY.. EXCLUDING missed calls, which are listed separately.

Bbos7 would show only the MOST RECENT call with the number & when pressing menu>view > history, it would search the messages app to show you ALL call history with the said number. This is the same as if you view the call section of the hub.

Major difference: in the call history view (in the messages app on bbos7) you could "menu > call details" on every specific call, giving you the date, time, duration etc, including viewing, adding or editing notes.

You can't do this (view call details for specific phone numbers) on bb10 without sorting through other calls in your call log. I also don't see any way to add a call note after the call has finished.

The features missing in bb10
    A) the call filter in the hub does NOT show call details (or let you add notes). It should.
    B) Also, when in the phone app & tap and hold on a call, there should be an option to menu>view call HISTORY (in addition to the call details option).
    Call history should open the hub>calls and perform a search for the phone number.

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_132016.jpg
    Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_132109.jpg
    southlander likes this.
    10-17-14 12:34 PM
    I'm using the Passport, 10.3.0.1418.

My call history goes back to September 17, which is when I did a non-restore autoloader install on my Q10.

I have many calls to or from my daughter. If there's more than one in a day, with no other calls in between, I see "Daughter (3)" and her number in the history for that day. If I then do long press and choose "View Call Details" I get the time and duration of each call, or whether it was cancelled before connecting. If I go to a different day in the call history and long press her name again, and then choose call details again, I get only the details for that day's calls. If there are, say, three calls in a row to or from her, then a call from someone else, then two more calls from her, the history screen will show:

Daughter (3) ... time
    Number

SomeoneElse ... time
    Number

Daughter (2) ... time
    Number

It won't bundle the two series of calls from my daughter into "Daughter (5)", but the duration of any call can be obtained by long press and "View Call Details".
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    10-17-14 01:55 PM
    Wow, this thread is filled with failure indeed. Instead of people posting screenshots or telling the OP where to go to find this feature, they fill the thread with useless "OP is an idi0t, or, it's been there for ages..." Come on people, this forum is for help, not for flaming... Grow up.

On to the point, I can't remember seeing this feature when I had the Q10 back when it first came out (OS 10.1), but I'm wanting to get a Passport and am also wondering if 10.3 has this feature now.

I know this is a completely different OS, please look beyond that... We are talking about a feature, so here I go.

I believe what the OP is looking for is something similar to the "recents" tab on iOS, that shows the call history of any calls made to the phone not just call history with a specific number, which I do know is in BB10 as some of you have posted in your screenshots (see my screenshot below if you are having difficulties:

For those who have never used iOS, if you click on each of the ( i )'s you will get a detailed history complete with length of call and time call was placed:
    No. What you're showing, BB10 has had for as far back as I can remember. Your call details still only show call history for the day you clicked next to. To see details from previous days, you would have to scroll through your call log, find the call on the date in question, then check the details.

What crazigee is asking about is a call summary, like the one that existed in BBOS. When you clicked a call to get the details, it gave you the complete transaction history associated with that number, going back as far as your call log does.

I hope I'm remembering BBOS correctly, it's been a while. Once BB10 hit, there was no looking back.

On that note, I don't have any trouble using the call history as it exists in 10.3.0.1052, but I wouldn't mind seeing it added in a future update.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    10-17-14 01:58 PM
    Here's what you see when you go to the Activity tab under a contact:

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-20141017151914.jpg

10-17-14 02:33 PM
    What about without going to a contact?

That's what I was asking about, what does it look like simply when you go into the phone app? Is there a "recent calls/history" tab?

I wish someone would have made a youtube video about the passport phone app and basic features. I've been searching youtube for hours and can't find anything showing all of the features. I know it's a lot to ask for and the best thing would be for me to just get one.

I'm surprised you remember how it is on BBOS (unless of course if you have a working BB7 phone, I only have my i5S)
    southlander likes this.
    10-17-14 03:35 PM
    I meant dialling a contact like on android...

This works for ALL calls you made/received

Posted via CB10
    Ah gotcha.

So then it would seem BlackBerry have actually fixed this with 10.3!

Can wait for them to roll out 10.3.1 with the Classic.

10-17-14 03:58 PM
    I don't know what people are talking about....

When you press the "i" info button, it ONLY shows calls from the current day.
    It does NOT show all calls from that number, under ANY circumstances.
    There is NO way to view all call info for a specific number, only all call info for THAT DAY.. EXCLUDING missed calls, which are listed separately.

Bbos7 would show only the MOST RECENT call with the number & when pressing menu>view > history, it would search the messages app to show you ALL call history with the said number. This is the same as if you view the call section of the hub.

Major difference: in the call history view (in the messages app on bbos7) you could "menu > call details" on every specific call, giving you the date, time, duration etc, including viewing, adding or editing notes.

You can't do this (view call details for specific phone numbers) on bb10 without sorting through other calls in your call log. I also don't see any way to add a call note after the call has finished.

The features missing in bb10
    A) the call filter in the hub does NOT show call details (or let you add notes). It should.
    B) Also, when in the phone app & tap and hold on a call, there should be an option to menu>view call HISTORY (in addition to the call details option).
    Call history should open the hub>calls and perform a search for the phone number.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141017_132016.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	306744

Name:	IMG_20141017_132109.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	306745
    I know that. Did you read what I said?

I said BlackBerry "should" let people tap the I to get that detailed info.

The point is moot anyway since it appears this has been corrected for 10.3.

10-17-14 04:01 PM
    Here's what you see when you go to the Activity tab under a contact:

Name:	20141017151914.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	306780

And that of course is completely useless. It doesn't show the time the call was placed or duration!

thedose and BroncoVAL like this.
    10-17-14 04:14 PM
    And that of course is completely useless. It doesn't show the time the call was placed or duration!

Yep sadly no progress here. Hopefully 10.3.1 brings some more BB7 functionality back.
    The phone app got better at least so a step in right direction.
    10-17-14 04:23 PM
    I know that. Did you read what I said?

I said BlackBerry "should" let people tap the I to get that detailed info.

The point is moot anyway since it appears this has been corrected for 10.3.

Yaya
    I was agreeing with you
    The "don't know what people are talking about" wasn't directed @ you, apologies.

..but it's not fixed in 10.3.. as I said above, if you want to view the entire call history (including details) for a specific number, you can't.
    You can either view the call section of the hub (which, like the activity tab on a contact, doesn't include details) OR you can scroll/sort through the phone app call log and manually View every entry.

Call details on 10.3 are ONLY grouped when the calls are made on the same day, consecutively.. missed calls are grouped separately as well.

If I receive 100 total calls, 5 to the wife + 95 to other people.. finding the calls with the wife is easy (activity tab of contact or search the phone number in the hub).. finding the call details is not.
    You'd have to scroll and look for (and possibly miss) the call details for those 5 calls, as they are scattered throughout the 100 calls.

For those who say it's fixed.. post a screenshot with that shows the call details for ALL CALL made to that number..

The only call details screenshots I see (and can produce on bb10), are of consecutive calls.. + missed calls are grouped separately from inc/rec calls + it only shows calls made on the same date
    thedose likes this.
    10-17-14 05:10 PM
    Moved to the main BlackBerrry 10 Forum.

BTW, things were getting a little heated earlier in the thread. Things seemed to have calmed down -- thanks.

Let's keep it that way, please.
    10-17-14 05:16 PM
    In contacts, press activity.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:35 PM
163 ... 23456 ...