It groups the (consecutive?) calls made on the same date and doesn't include missed calls.
    So.. pressing call details on a phone number, does not show you the entire call history with that number.
    *Note: pretty sure bbos7 grouped ALL calls from a contact, regardless of date*

But a work around to view your entire call history with a contact (though, with less info. No duration for example)
    If the person is a contact, you can view their contact > activity tab
    10-16-14 11:27 PM
    If you want to see all the calls you have received and dialed to one number, just long press the contact in the log, then view contact, then activities. It's all gonna be there

Posted via CB10
    Right - not in the phone app, and harder to get to. And is only available for contacts.

In my use case, I also benefit from having that info for non contact info from which I receive multiple calls over time (I'm in industrial sales, over 2000 contacts). Some numbers just don't belong in my contacts, yet I would benefit from having them in history, as they were in BBOS.

And as I mentioned earlier, I did like the call notes feature of BBOS better (connected to call history, where as now it is in the remember app and not tied to the call log/history/contact at all)

Also: I'm on Z30 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247, until my Passport arrives tomorrow.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-16-14 11:30 PM
    If you want to see all the calls you have received and dialed to one number, just long press the contact in the log, then view contact, then activities. It's all gonna be there

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, not true. It shows the date the call was placed but not the time it was placed or the duration. And this is only for contacts.

What many of us want is an actual detailed call history. The date, time, and duration of calls all in one place and easy to access. Every other phone, including BBOS, has this.

It's possible this has been corrected in 10.3, but I'm waiting to see a picture of a call history of multiple calls to the same number across several days.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-16-14 11:55 PM
    This thread is ********.

It is there, for those who look. It says what day, what time, etc. And furthermore, in the contact list you can get a summary on a per contact basis. It is ALL there in BB10.2.1. The fact that SackHarry answered "10" when asked what OS he was using shows the general level of troll this post is.

SackHarry, you've done it again (for those interested, check out some other SackHarry threads. You'll notice a trend)

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    10-17-14 12:02 AM
    Call blocking comes with 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:25 AM
    This thread is ********.

It is there, for those who look. It says what day, what time, etc. And furthermore, in the contact list you can get a summary on a per contact basis. It is ALL there in BB10.2.1. The fact that SackHarry answered "10" when asked what OS he was using shows the general level of troll this post is.

SackHarry, you've done it again (for those interested, check out some other SackHarry threads. You'll notice a trend)

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Sorry, but that's incorrect. It's not there on my device. I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247.

This is what I get:
    Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_033449.png

That isn't complete. It doesn't show the time the call was placed. That's pretty important!!!

If you have something different please post it.

Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-17-14 02:38 AM
    Crazigee, it is "there " in BB10, even in 10.2.1, but it's only in the Contacts App under the Activity tab. BUT - I just pulled a frequent contact, and the call log only goes back about 2 months (well, EXACTLY 2 months! / 40 calls), also shows emails, texts, BBM, and meetings/appts in the calendar (these go back two years) not sure if items are limited in numbers or in "time"

I've pulled other Contacts up with "known" multiple calls in the first half of this year (none since) and their Activity tab is empty.

Also odd: Tap and hold on a call in the call app gets the overflow menu where you can get call details (call duration but not time - that's on the previous screen - why not on this one, too?).
    Tap and hold on a number in the Activity tab of Contacts App gets you nothing, and when you release it dials the number!!!

10-17-14 03:07 AM
    Check out Call Notes in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/33436887

I am using this app to keep track of all my calls inside the calendar. I find it much more convenient than having to look it up in the call app.... been using something similar on android before....

Since I have been frequently installing leaks, it has been the only option.

My carrier has a very good itemised history as well which is linked to my contacts.
    I am using the tugo app from O2 which allows me to make and receive calls from 5 devices

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:16 AM
    God. What a mess this post is.
    Half the people here have no clue what they talk about. Comprehension problems so prevalent on the Internet these days.
    The OP starts the thread in Passport forum owning Q10, wtf?

Mods please delete all the posts here (including mine) and leave only the OP first post, Crazigee last question and let Thurask answer that question with a picture from 10.3

For all here. No there is not detailed history the way OP and Crazigee want in 10.2. Period. For a business oriented phone it's a joke. Discussed many times.
    Question to be answered: was that fixed in 10.3?
    Last edited by wojt7; 10-17-14 at 05:31 AM.
    10-17-14 05:20 AM
    Wow, this thread is filled with failure indeed. Instead of people posting screenshots or telling the OP where to go to find this feature, they fill the thread with useless "OP is an idi0t, or, it's been there for ages..." Come on people, this forum is for help, not for flaming... Grow up.

On to the point, I can't remember seeing this feature when I had the Q10 back when it first came out (OS 10.1), but I'm wanting to get a Passport and am also wondering if 10.3 has this feature now.

I know this is a completely different OS, please look beyond that... We are talking about a feature, so here I go.

I believe what the OP is looking for is something similar to the "recents" tab on iOS, that shows the call history of any calls made to the phone not just call history with a specific number, which I do know is in BB10 as some of you have posted in your screenshots (see my screenshot below if you are having difficulties understanding):Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_2289.png

For those who have never used iOS, if you click on each of the ( i )'s you will get a detailed history complete with length of call and time call was placed:
    Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_2290.png
    Last edited by thedose; 10-17-14 at 07:58 AM.
    10-17-14 07:45 AM
    Wow, this thread is filled with failure indeed. Instead of people posting screenshots or telling the OP where to go to find this feature, they fill the thread with useless "OP is an idi0t, or, it's been there for ages..." Come on people, this forum is for help, not for flaming... Grow up.

On to the point, I can't remember seeing this feature when I had the Q10 back when it first came out (OS 10.1), but I'm wanting to get a Passport and am also wondering if 10.3 has this feature now.

I know this is a completely different OS, please look beyond that... We are talking about a feature, so here I go.

I believe what the OP is looking for is something similar to the "recents" tab on iOS, that shows the call history of any calls made to the phone not just call history with a specific number, which I do know is in BB10 as some of you have posted in your screenshots (see my screenshot below if you are having difficulties understanding):Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2289.PNG 
Views:	1092 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	306673

For those who have never used iOS, if you click on each of the ( i )'s you will get a detailed history complete with length of call and time call was placed:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2290.PNG 
Views:	1081 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	306675
    I have an iPhone, iOS call history is no better. Extremely short history log.
    10-17-14 08:09 AM

I believe what the OP is looking for is something similar to the "recents" tab on iOS, that shows the call history of any calls made to the phone not just call history with a specific number, which I do know is in BB10 as some of you have posted in your screenshots (see my screenshot below if you are having difficulties understanding):Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2289.PNG 
Views:	1092 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	306673

Name:	IMG_2290.PNG 
Views:	1081 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	306675
    I think OP is talking about detailed call history with advanced sorting.

The title is a bit misleading cause obviously there is a call history in BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:15 AM
    bb10 groups (consecutive?) calls made on the same date + doesn't include missed calls.
    So.. pressing call details on a phone number, does NOT show you the entire call history with that number.

*Note: pretty sure bbos7 grouped ALL calls from a contact, regardless of date*
    Repost
    10-17-14 08:52 AM
    Crazigee, it is "there " in BB10, even in 10.2.1, but it's only in the Contacts App under the Activity tab. BUT - I just pulled a frequent contact, and the call log only goes back about 2 months (well, EXACTLY 2 months! / 40 calls), also shows emails, texts, BBM, and meetings/appts in the calendar (these go back two years) not sure if items are limited in numbers or in "time"

I've pulled other Contacts up with "known" multiple calls in the first half of this year (none since) and their Activity tab is empty.

Also odd: Tap and hold on a call in the call app gets the overflow menu where you can get call details (call duration but not time - that's on the previous screen - why not on this one, too?).
    Tap and hold on a number in the Activity tab of Contacts App gets you nothing, and when you release it dials the number!!!

Even the activity tab under contacts is woefully inadequate.

Here the activity tab:

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_104631.png

You might notice that the time the call was placed is missing for the two older calls. The duration doesn't show for all three of them. This is important information!!

Why BlackBerry refuse to simply update the call history is beyond me. When you long tap a number from the phone app ot should show you all the date, time, and duration, of all the calls to that number going back at least 6-12 month.

It's a simple fix BlackBerry, and a feature available and all other phones. Please take the time to do it.

10-17-14 09:52 AM
    That looks like an old OS. The new OS shows every date and time. The new OS has white lower tool bar.

I just checked mine and has everything, date, time etc for each call. I think this thread should be deleted as OP has not reviewed the features of the BlackBerry OS

Sent using the awesome BlackBerry Passport
    10-17-14 10:28 AM
    Are you on Passport or 10.3?

Q10 with 10.3.0.1154
    10-17-14 10:30 AM
    That explains it. OS has not been designed for your phone. You are using a leaked version. The 10.3 is only for the Passport. So OS may not work on your phone. You need to wait until the actual Q10 gets updated to 10.3.1 which will be a month or so away. For now you are using software not designed for the phone.

10-17-14 10:36 AM
    Q10 with 10.3.0.1154
    Thanks.

10-17-14 10:38 AM
    That looks like an old OS. The new OS shows every date and time. The new OS has white lower tool bar.

I just checked mine and has everything, date, time etc for each call. I think this thread should be deleted as OP has not reviewed the features of the BlackBerry OS
    Was that a response to my post of my screen shot?

If so I'm not on an "older" OS. I'm on the most recent official OS for my Z10. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247.

Before suggesting a thread be deleted why don't you post a screen shot of yours showing all that info for multiple calls across multiple days to the same number. Then it really could be closed.

That explains it. OS has not been designed for your phone. You are using a leaked version. The 10.3 is only for the Passport. So OS may not work on your phone. You need to wait until the actual Q10 gets updated to 10.3.1 which will be a month or so away. For now you are using software not designed for the phone.

Then since you're on an official release with Passport maybe you can help us all out by posting a screen shot of your call history for a particular number? That way we can see if it is solved or not with the "official" 10.3.

You can just pick a random 800 number and call multiple times across several days so we can see if it will show the date, time, duration of all the calls. After calling it multiple time across several you can post a screen shot here to confirm.

That would be most helpful and we can put this to bed once and for all.

10-17-14 10:40 AM

So on the Passport, you can somehow view detailed call history for a contact, including minutes, time of day and multiple days all in one view? I think the OP issue is that you can't see multiple days worth of history for a single number AND see details (minutes, time of day) all in one spot. In contact Activity, you can see the number of calls and the date, but won't show minutes per call or time of day. In call history, you can see minutes per call and time of day, but won't show you more than the most recent single day's history.

If you're saying you can see all of that in one place, screenshot it please. I'm hoping that's the case but am doubtful.
    10-17-14 10:43 AM
    So on the Passport, you can somehow view detailed call history for a contact, including minutes, time of day and multiple days all in one view? I think the OP issue is that you can't see multiple days worth of history for a single number AND see details (minutes, time of day) all in one spot. In contact Activity, you can see the number of calls and the date, but won't show minutes per call or time of day. In call history, you can see minutes per call and time of day, but won't show you more than the most recent single day's history.

If you're saying you can see all of that in one place, screenshot it please. I'm hoping that's the case but am doubtful.
    Multiple people have claimed this information is available on Passport, and all in one place, but I have yet to see any post a screen shot confirming it. At this point I'm starting to think it hasn't been fixed on Passport.

10-17-14 10:47 AM
    Multiple people have claimed this information is available on Passport, and all in one place, but I have yet to see any post a screen shot confirming it. At this point I'm starting to think it hasn't been fixed on Passport.

OK guys... are we talking about a bug that needs to be fixed? Or are we talking about wanting a new feature? Cause I'm starting to be pretty confused... call history works and shows up everytime I open it, I don't see any bug or fixing needed.

But feature wise, I agree that we can have more advanced sorting

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:53 AM
    Okay, from my Passport updated to the latest 10.3.0.908 software release...this is the Fedex number...they've had a package for me waiting at the depot for a few days and have called every day to remind me for about a week...I also called them to have it reshipped to my house (thus the outgoing calls)...it appears you get only on day's calls, not a summary of all calls to/from the same number...I have not come across a way to change that in the phone menu options. Hope that clears this thread up.
    Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_115605.png

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh and DocDRM like this.
    10-17-14 11:01 AM
    Okay, from my Passport updated to the latest 10.3.0.908 software release...this is the Fedex number...they've had a package for me waiting at the depot for a few days and have called every day to remind me for about a week...I also called them to have it reshipped to my house (thus the outgoing calls)...it appears you get only on day's calls, not a summary of all calls to/from the same number...I have not come across a way to change that in the phone menu options. Hope that clears this thread up.

Name:	IMG_20141017_115605.png 
Views:	559 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	306718

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but unfortunately no, that doesn't clear it up. The calls have to be across multiple days. On 10.2.1 after a couple of days some of the info disappears (the time the call was placed and the duration.)

10-17-14 11:10 AM
    It has been done quite nifty:

Here you see all the calls of the day.

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_171011.png

And when there have been several calls in a short time frame, they get bundled

Why does BlackBerry 10 not have call history feature?-img_20141017_171004.png

This way your whole history is not tool cluttered

Posted via CB10
    crazigee and thedose like this.
    10-17-14 11:12 AM
163 12345 ...