Its pretty annoying! Wait for 10.3 for a long time and then they delay it. Why? And then I found out they need carrier approval. Thats even more hectic, why cant they just make things simple like IOS?
    01-25-15 01:43 PM
    Probably a contractual requirement. At the very least, they don't want to **** off carriers they do have relationships with.
    01-25-15 01:57 PM
    Its pretty annoying! Wait for 10.3 for a long time and then they delay it. Why? And then I found out they need carrier approval. Thats even more hectic, why cant they just make things simple like IOS?
    I think it also has to do with the different security certificates and things like that. This is a good question thou, I would like to hear Blackberry's answer directly on this question. This is something i think needs to be addressed, new OS updates are taking way to long to reach the end user. Now i don't know if that's due to continued need to develop and improve before release or if its the carriers. But i to would like to see BB take this back and deliver similar to iOS in terms if updates
    01-25-15 02:00 PM
    BB is taking too much time just to get an update. This means they dont actually have good relations with the carriers I guess. :/

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    01-25-15 02:53 PM
    Because they want to make sure things work and they want to add their craps.
    01-25-15 02:57 PM
    Are you sure Apple doesn't need carrier approval? My guess is they still get their OS tested & approved, the only difference is that having much more power, the carriers are much more dilligent in their testing process.

I think Apple sets a deadline for the approval process and by the time they release the update all those approvals have been collected from all over the world.

I'm not sure it really works like that, maybe someone in the know could clarify.
    01-25-15 02:58 PM
    Are you sure Apple doesn't need carrier approval? My guess is they still get their OS tested & approved, the only difference is that having much more power, the carriers are much more dilligent in their testing process.
    Yes I am a 100% sure they don't need carrier approval. Ofc they may be tested but they don't require approval.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:00 PM

I think Apple sets a deadline for the approval process and by the time they release the update all those approvals have been collected from over the world.
    Actually approval takes time. At least they don't delay their OS, I mean that's annoying and not cool! All apple does is test the OS and boom notifications in the settings "New update available "

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:02 PM
    Actually approval takes time. At least they don't delay their OS, I mean that's annoying and not cool! All apple does is test the OS and boom notifications in the settings "New update available "
    And then, boom goes your phone when iOS 8 kills it, iOS 8.0.1 comes out and is immediately pulled, iOS 8.1 comes out...
    mkelley65 likes this.
    01-25-15 03:21 PM
    Need to inform and train staff. We often see these memo's to employees leak, for example.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 04:02 PM
    BB is taking too much time just to get an update. This means they dont actually have good relations with the carriers I guess. :/

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the poor relations (at least in Canada and U.S) is for sure, to bad
    01-27-15 01:46 PM

I think Apple sets a deadline for the approval process and by the time they release the update all those approvals have been collected from all over the world.

I'm not sure it really works like that, maybe someone in the know could clarify.
    They do need carrier approval but it doesn't work like other phone co. They just get a list of testing and testing requirements including inviting carrier engineers if needed and do it in-house instead sending a ready OS version to the carriers to wait however many weeks it takes. This way they can do all the testing in one time period and then release the OS worldwide. BB and Android OEMs do not have this power.
    01-27-15 02:29 PM