Since upgrading to 10.3.1 the tones I have set for my text messages stop after about 5 seconds even though the tune is actually about 30 sec. If I just play the tone it works fine, I have tried different sound clips as notifiers, they all stop after 5 sec. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    02-24-15 01:57 PM
    The OS does limit the tone length to be somewhere around 5 seconds so that you don't have tones colliding with each other. The intent of them is to be short.

Out of interest, why are you looking to use really really long tones? Trying to understand how you're using your device. This is an interesting one to me
    02-25-15 09:55 AM
    Glad someone else has brought this up

On 10.2.1 i had music notifications for email - bbm etc etc that lasted well over 60 secs + and if i didnt touch the phone - it would play the whole music track from start to finish - for example 4 or 5 mins long
    Great for when you are not near the phone - like in another room - So at least you can hear email or BBM land etc etc
    Now with the 10.3.1 update - All notifications are about 5 secs long
    Amount of calls i now miss and emails and BBM i do not hear landing on phone

Do think this is a bug myself

When you go into notifications - firstly browse for music is still there - now if they had cut down the notifications down to 5 secs - surely they would have removed browse for music from the menu - As most music is lot longer than 5 secs
    And also if you select your music for the notifcation but do not apply it - It will play from start to finish - no matter how long the music is
    But as soon as you Apply it - when the notification plays - It only lasts for 5 secs
    As i said - Def think this is a bug - And i hope they do correct it to to behave the same as 10.2.1

This is my only complaint about 10.3.1 so far.....
    02-25-15 10:21 AM
    Exactly

Glad someone else has brought this up

On 10.2.1 i had music notifications for email - bbm etc etc that lasted well over 60 secs + and if i didnt touch the phone - it would play the whole music track from start to finish - for example 4 or 5 mins long
    Great for when you are not near the phone - like in another room - So at least you can hear email or BBM land etc etc
    Now with the 10.3.1 update - All notifications are about 5 secs long
    Amount of calls i now miss and emails and BBM i do not hear landing on phone

Do think this is a bug myself

When you go into notifications - firstly browse for music is still there - now if they had cut down the notifications down to 5 secs - surely they would have removed browse for music from the menu - As most music is lot longer than 5 secs
    And also if you select your music for the notifcation but do not apply it - It will play from start to finish - no matter how long the music is
    But as soon as you Apply it - when the notification plays - It only lasts for 5 secs
    As i said - Def think this is a bug - And i hope they do correct it to to behave the same as 10.2.1

This is my only complaint about 10.3.1 so far.....
    02-26-15 06:36 AM
    I just came across this. This is a big problem and may be the tipping point for us getting off Blackberries finally.

We use Level 1 Alerts for system monitoring and we had waiting a long time for the feature to be implemented.

Blackberry needs to fix this as a bug! Many people I work with put loud long ringtones in Level 1 Alerts because they need to be alerted while they sleep.
    03-04-15 07:26 AM
    The level 1 alert piece is slightly different and there are additional improvements coming to help with the "wake me from sleep" case.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:33 AM
    The level 1 alert piece is slightly different and there are additional improvements coming to help with the "wake me from sleep" case.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have an unofficial ETA?
    03-05-15 03:28 PM
    I use powerbot to give me back the longer ring tones, and give me more options with the LED notifications.

Longer ringtones gives me lots of time to be informed in a busy situation

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:28 PM
    Thanks Actn_Jksn, I downloaded Powerbot but I'm not sure if I got the right application.

The one I downloaded just monitors the status of Power Tools service.

Edit*** Nevermind I found it. It's Power Tools you use. I will have a look at it. Thanks.
    Last edited by JacksonJ222; 03-06-15 at 09:09 AM.
    03-06-15 08:57 AM
    Hope they sort this soon as I dont want to pay for �3.50 for Power Tools when my text notifications were perfect before the update. Does anyone know if they will be looking at this?
    Cheers
    03-07-15 04:28 AM
    Yes sorry, it is Power tools. The native 10.3 won't give double or triple led flash notifications either, because it's quite lacking in options. I wish there was a way to get an orange led.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:38 AM
    The ETA is 10.3.2 on the level1 piece.

For the notification tone cutting off issue it will also be fixed in 10.3.2 so that up to two minutes of tone will play if you so desire.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 09:42 AM
    Very happy to see this come up again, I posted about this when I changed to a Passport from a Q10. I must have long notifications to wake me during sleep, hope we see this soon.
    04-03-15 02:08 PM
    Are you using level 1 notifications? There is an additional feature coming for intrusive level 1 alert and acts more like an alarm. You need to silence it and acknowledge the notification or it'll keep ringing. Sounds like either will do.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 04:44 PM
    I hope if they change this that we have the option to customize the length of time because if I had a text message notification that lasted longer than 3-5 seconds I would throw my phone away.
    That would be annoying as hell

STL-4. 10.3.1.2582
    04-03-15 06:14 PM
    I need the long text alerts that I had, being able to set the length would be great. The emergency texts I get are sent from random numbers, all contact numbers have set notifications.
    04-03-15 08:04 PM
    What is a Level 1 notification?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 09:35 PM
    In Hub you can setup a rule (if email is directly to you, from someone specific, addressed with a specific priority, etc) and mark that rule as level 1. Level 1 means that the notification played will always sound regardless of what profile you have active. It's like specifying it as your most urgent alert.

Posted via CB10
    ralfyguy likes this.
    04-04-15 09:01 AM
    Damn...was hoping to find something I missed to fix this. I understand their are people who didn't like the long ringtones but you could easily create and load a short tine or use the standard blips for those short 3-5 sec. notices. I like mine long because I have trouble hearing my phone in many situations so having them long helps me know when the wife or daughter or someone important is messaging. I still use the bleeps and blips for general stuff as anyone else can but being able to play a full length 30 ringtone if a must for me. Plus...I love using full ringtones for certain timers and alarms. And if I'm roaming the house with my phone in the bedroom it's easier to hear them when they are full songs. Hoping to see a fix to this soon.
    04-06-15 06:22 PM
    Damn...was hoping to find something I missed to fix this. I understand their are people who didn't like the long ringtones but you could easily create and load a short tine or use the standard blips for those short 3-5 sec. notices. I like mine long because I have trouble hearing my phone in many situations so having them long helps me know when the wife or daughter or someone important is messaging. I still use the bleeps and blips for general stuff as anyone else can but being able to play a full length 30 ringtone if a must for me. Plus...I love using full ringtones for certain timers and alarms. And if I'm roaming the house with my phone in the bedroom it's easier to hear them when they are full songs. Hoping to see a fix to this soon.
    "For the notification tone cutting off issue it will also be fixed in 10.3.2 so that up to two minutes of tone will play if you so desire." - c.bryant34
    Hopefully 10.3.2 isn't too far away!
    04-07-15 10:25 AM
    Did this get addressed in 10.3.2? I can't seem t get an answer in the finding and fixes threads. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 03:48 AM
    Vote for return to longer tones here as well...with time options if possible, which it should be, It could be done 10 years ago....
    05-22-15 05:10 AM
    I hope if they change this that we have the option to customize the length of time because if I had a text message notification that lasted longer than 3-5 seconds I would throw my phone away.
    That would be annoying as hell

STL-4. 10.3.1.2582
    If you set a 3-5 second ring tone it will play for 3-5 seconds.
    If you set a 2 minute ring tone it will play for 2 minutes
    If you set a 2 minute ring tone it will NOT cut off at 3-5 seconds (unless you acknowledge the phone)
    If you set a 5 minute ring tone it will cut short at 2 minutes .
    This is the fix in 10.3.2

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500 
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    05-22-15 07:33 AM
    Did this get addressed in 10.3.2? I can't seem t get an answer in the finding and fixes threads. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    See my post above this one

05-22-15 07:34 AM
    If you set a 3-5 second ring tone it will play for 3-5 seconds.
    If you set a 2 minute ring tone it will play for 2 minutes
    If you set a 2 minute ring tone it will NOT cut off at 3-5 seconds (unless you acknowledge the phone)
    If you set a 5 minute ring tone it will cut short at 2 minutes .
    This is the fix in 10.3.2

Perfect! Thanks for that!
    05-22-15 03:54 PM
27 12